Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
In This Great Country... (Read 42 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

In This Great Country...
04/29/19 at 09:26:20

Most people still worry about their healthcare more than anything else.

While president donald trump and republicans decided to wait until after 2020 to attempt trump’s campaign promise of comprehensive health care reform, Americans remain worried as ever about the availability and affordability of healthcare.

Over half of the respondents surveyed in a recent Gallup poll indicated that they worry “a great deal” about the availability and affordability of healthcare. Health care topped Gallup's list of potentially worrisome issues for the fifth year in a row.

http://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/health-care-trump-obamacare-163951307.html

How is it that we live in (one of) the most wealthy nations on the Planet, yet refuse to provide health insurance/care to all our citizens?

Healthcare is a right, not a privilege.

Oh, and where the hell is trump's "great plan" for healthcare???  Oh, right, that whole 75% thing... I forgot!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: In This Great Country...
Reply #1 - 04/29/19 at 09:38:24

Healthcare is a right, not a privilege..

Ohhh, that has such a nice ring to it!

Hey! I have an idea,!!

Let's replace health care with some other really important things that each and every one of us is responsible for obtaining
,FOR OURSELVES,

Food
Housing
No, lefties, health care is not a Right.
It's a necessity.
Some people are more able to provide for themselves.
Life is not the same for everyone.
You can make it equal
But everytime that gets done
It's bad for everyone.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/29/19 at 09:47:18

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/29/19 at 09:38:24:
Healthcare is a right, not a privilege..

Ohhh, that has such a nice ring to it!  I agree!

Hey! I have an idea,!!

Let's replace health care with some other really important things that each and every one of us is responsible for obtaining
,FOR OURSELVES,

Food - Agreed! That's why we have welfare programs.
Housing - Agreed!  Housing should be available to all.
No, lefties, health care is not a Right.  Really jog?  You want to tell that to people who can't afford their insulin, even though they pay for health insurance?
It's a necessity.  Seriously?  Tell that to the people that actually die because they can't afford health insurance.
Some people are more able to provide for themselves.  Yeah, that's not going away.
Life is not the same for everyone.  No, it's not.  No one says it is.  But it's stupid to think that the system, as it is now, works.
You can make it equal
But everytime that gets done
It's bad for everyone.  Really?  So Medicare as it is right now is a failure?  Social Security is a failure?  Welfare is a failure?  No, they're not.  For what we lost in trump's tax giveaway alone could have put a huge dent in Medicare for all.  But no, it's important to give those who have the most, even more, right?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/29/19 at 14:18:51

Healthcare at the level and quality we provide it would not be sustainable if it were given away for free to 327 million people.

I feel healthcare is a right, I don't think someone should be denied care because they don't have the privilege or acceptance of a medical provider, but I do not agree we should plummet the medical system into trillions of dollars in debt.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/29/19 at 14:28:44

Eegore wrote on 04/29/19 at 14:18:51:
 Healthcare at the level and quality we provide it would not be sustainable if it were given away for free to 327 million people.

I feel healthcare is a right, I don't think someone should be denied care because they don't have the privilege or acceptance of a medical provider, but I do not agree we should plummet the medical system into trillions of dollars in debt.

No do I.  However, as I mentioned above, the giveaway that the trump administration handed out in the form of tax breaks for the rich, would go a long way towards setting up some form of socialized healthcare system.

Wouldn't you agree?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 04/29/19 at 14:39:28

T And T Garage wrote on 04/29/19 at 14:28:44:
Wouldn't you agree?[/color]

Even if he did line something good up, the dems would block it out of spite...

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/29/19 at 14:44:28

pg wrote on 04/29/19 at 14:39:28:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/29/19 at 14:28:44:
Wouldn't you agree?[/color]

Even if he did line something good up, the dems would block it out of spite...

Best regards,

Who?  trump?

He's actually done nothing.  He couldn't write a bill if his life depended on it.

He's only a signatory on the bills that are put in front of him.

The tax giveaway was right out of the GOP establishment handbook.

While we're on it - where are all the promises that trump made in the last 2 years about the "wonderful" health insurance plan from him??

Why does he take his orders from mitch mcconnell?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 04/29/19 at 15:04:05

As I said even if he did come up with something, it would never pass just cause his name was on it.  But I will say Mitch must carry a pretty big stick.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/29/19 at 15:08:10

pg wrote on 04/29/19 at 15:04:05:
As I said even if he did come up with something, it would never pass just cause his name was on it.  But I will say Mitch must carry a pretty big stick.

Best regards,

You see, right there's the problem.  "If".  The thing is - he'll never pass anything remotely in opposition to mitch's wishes.  He had 2 years to give us what he called a "wonderful solution" to Obamacare.  And?  Nothing....

mitch's stick is only as big as the majority in Congress - and that's shrinking.  Kinda like trump's little hands!   Cheesy

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/29/19 at 19:36:28

"However, as I mentioned above, the giveaway that the trump administration handed out in the form of tax breaks for the rich, would go a long way towards setting up some form of socialized healthcare system."

It wouldn't go a "long way" in my opinion as we are only looking at 100 or so billion over lets say 20 years and free healthcare will use that in less than 10.  We would need much higher taxation, closer to 17 trillion for all 327 million in the country, or we could reduce quality of care.

This exempts more modern research and development like genetic alteration and embryonic stem-cell, they would reduce cost overall.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/30/19 at 05:51:05

Eegore wrote on 04/29/19 at 19:36:28:
"However, as I mentioned above, the giveaway that the trump administration handed out in the form of tax breaks for the rich, would go a long way towards setting up some form of socialized healthcare system."

It wouldn't go a "long way" in my opinion as we are only looking at 100 or so billion over lets say 20 years and free healthcare will use that in less than 10.  We would need much higher taxation, closer to 17 trillion for all 327 million in the country, or we could reduce quality of care.

This exempts more modern research and development like genetic alteration and embryonic stem-cell, they would reduce cost overall.

From what I've read, the cost of these tax breaks will be in the area of $1.4T to $2T.  Not sure where you got the "paltry" $100B.

But to address the taxation, most analysis shows that it would actually cost less than existing plans/costs over all.

Suffice it to say, in this country, no one should die or go into bankruptcy because they can't afford their healthcare.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 16:27:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › In This Great Country...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.