Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This was really good....... (Read 16 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
This was really good.......
04/28/19 at 08:04:40

Where we say we celebrate everyone's uniqueness of who they are, I wonder, do we?
Seems it sounds so sophisticated and civilized to claim ourselves such a title......however, we can sure wholesale, pigeonhole, dismiss folk, labeling them and putting them in a lot, if it serves our need and purpose.
I think this in a major reason and cause for so much of the angst, confusion, animosity in our society today, which eventually drive hate into actions.

Watch this very well done video, it might let you glimpse something about the way you too justify your thinking based on a need, rather than what others need/believe......

Which, is all about accepting each one of us as a individual, NOT lumping together based on a commonality, in order to override/overcome that threat, to our own beliefs/needs.

The very essences of closed-mindedness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVIoC5ROaHk      

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: This was really good.......
Reply #1 - 04/28/19 at 09:40:46

At the end the girl in the overalls says they all want the same thing and they need to figure out how they can all get there. IMO the answer to that had already been spoken by the two dudes in the back left side. They both said people need to stop being victims. It's the modern victim culture that brings people down, ALL people. People need to start being responsible for their lives and empowering themselves not whining and pointing fingers at everyone else for their problems.

And the reparations idea is another distraction and serves to reinforce the victim culture. Historically speaking where reparations have been made they haven't done any good at all for the recipients. It just makes them targets of heightened hostility and prejudice.
Personally I refuse to accept the burden of reparations because my family migrated into this country through Ellis Island 50 years after slavery was abolished. How could my family possibly be held responsible for actions of others before even setting foot here?
Since I am half Polish shouldn't I be able to claim reparations from the UK and Russia for them using Poland as a bargaining chip during WWII and sacrificing it 1st to the Nazi's and then to the Communists with the end result of 5 million dead Polish citizens?

That whole argument is just a decent into madness.

Anyway, yes I agree. The divisiveness consuming Western societies is the cause of the angst, animosity and confusion spreading like wildfire today. A divided people are a people easily controlled. Who said that? Vladimir Lenin?
Today's divisiveness is engineered for purpose. People constantly fighting each other will never band together against the their common enemy.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: This was really good.......
Reply #2 - 04/28/19 at 09:45:08

Thank you for your input/observation, well stated.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 14:29:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › This was really good.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.