Send Topic Print
Zionism (Read 166 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Zionism
Reply #30 - 04/25/19 at 18:53:48

Russia indicates they won WW II.  It's easier than calculating percentages and saying Russia won 51% of WW II and the US won 42% and Britain won 7%.

Also I figure when a country indicates a win/loss they mean their very specific contribution versus a calculated breakdown.  I learned in grade school that the Russian winter devastated Germany and that Russia became a super power in part to their contribution resulting in the elimination of Nazi Germany expansion.  They won their defensive if I recall correctly in Stalingrad in 43.

As far as I am concerned Russia did a ton of work, but the US saved civilized Europe, part of that was the US resupplies to Russia through northeastern Siberia.  The other part being a faster and more efficient push into Europe than Russia would have been able to do on their own.

Russia did not as far as I know assist in North Africa, the US did.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #31 - 04/26/19 at 03:24:00

Operation Barbarossa was the German offensive into Eastern Europe and as close as 200 miles from Moscow.  The battle of Stalingrad was a turning point in the war and was the bloodiest battle in recorded history.  Russia suffered 1.1M casualties during that front in roughly 5 months.  25-30M Russians perished during the entire war.  American suffered less than 420K casualties in all of WW2, if that puts the carnage in perspective.  After the war the Russia was in control of roughly half of Europe; hence, my reasoning why Russia won WW2.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 04/26/19 at 05:07:20

I can see how land-holding is a measurable factor towards victory.  I don't consider casualties to be a strong factor as a lower casualty rate is actually more desirable.  

I've never done the math but I suppose taking the time in battle, square acreage loss/gain ratio and casualty numbers could be calculated.  I know Stalin did a rather poor job regarding initial defense application and general strategic application was poor.  Shooting your own men, which was common, certainly added to that casualty rate.

I imagine Russia would have turned things around eventually, but nowhere near as fast without Allied assistance including the US supply drops.  It would have taken decades maybe.

I don't think the US in exclusivity "won" WWII, I feel it was a combination of forces.  However I don't think especially in 1950's America that anyone thought the US did it alone, but when painting up a banner it was easier to put "We won!" than "We Contributed in part to a Combination of Forces that Won!"  

One thing I have noticed is that too many people think Pearl Harbor started WWII in general, and many don't know how late D-Day happened.  Saving Private Ryan to many was where WWII began.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 04/26/19 at 07:25:38

America fought a global war, russia fought a european war.
America fought in defense of it's allies, russia fought for acquisition of land.
If you going to compare apples to oranges, it's going to look lopsided.

WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #34 - 04/26/19 at 17:37:05

Here are a couple other facts that aren't commonly known.   The Soviet Union invaded Poland 3 weeks after the Nazis did.  Stalin and Hitler had a pact at the beginning of the war, they were allies.  After the war the Soviets used many of concentration camps that Nazis built.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 16:32:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Zionism

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.