Send Topic Print
Earth Day (Read 86 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Earth Day
Reply #15 - 04/24/19 at 05:23:54

I take mass transit, I garden (compost), I recycle, I use my rain barrel for my garden, I've switched out all my light bulbs for LEDs, I have a house fan so I don't run my AC as much, I've got 1 gal/flush toilets, I have a high efficiency washer and try use our dryer only in the winter, I use our Nest to regulate my HVAC more efficiently.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that my electric bill is consistently, a lot lower than the average user (ComEd sends me analysis).

I've got an older Jeep that I'm going to be getting rid of and I'm hoping to purchase a new electric car.  That's pretty much it.

Here's a key point. I rarely take mass transit. I UberX by myself when I'm out of town. I flush bugs I catch in the house down the toilet. If I'm cold, I turn the heat up, if I'm hot I turn the AC down. I've got two cars and 3 motorcycles. I'm heading to the airport later and need one shirt washed so I'll throw it in the machine. I've got no idea what my electric bill is and really don't care. Any 'good' you think you're doing that helps you sleep better I just erased by double.

Point is, you live your life, I'll live mine. The bigger point is, extrapolate these two examples across the globe. The Paris Climate Accords would have basically demanded the US live like TT and China, India and rest of the world got a free pass to live anyway they wanted.

There are common sense things anyone can do to reduce pollution but the idea of going backwards in lifestyles in order to address an overhyped chicken little warning about impending doom is stupid. The poorest will suffer while those who can afford to "pretend to make a difference" will not.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 04/24/19 at 05:29:12

T And T Garage wrote on 04/23/19 at 06:12:13:
pg wrote on 04/23/19 at 03:01:22:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/22/19 at 19:09:55:
Yep!  Nothing to see.  The climate is just fine!  We humans aren't having any effect at all.

I'm sure everything's gonna be alright.  <<<<<<sarcasm

What you personally doing to save the atmosphere?  

Best regards,

Quite a bit actually.

I take mass transit, I garden (compost), I recycle, I use my rain barrel for my garden, I've switched out all my light bulbs for LEDs, I have a house fan so I don't run my AC as much, I've got 1 gal/flush toilets, I have a high efficiency washer and try use our dryer only in the winter, I use our Nest to regulate my HVAC more efficiently.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that my electric bill is consistently, a lot lower than the average user (ComEd sends me analysis).

I've got an older Jeep that I'm going to be getting rid of and I'm hoping to purchase a new electric car.  That's pretty much it.

I know that you're doing nothing - you said so in another post.

Wallow in that ignorance.  Have fun.

When you do something meaningful let us know  yahhhhh…….

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/24/19 at 05:31:28

MnSpring wrote on 04/24/19 at 04:49:55:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/23/19 at 06:12:13:
and I'm hoping to purchase a new electric car.  

Here is a bit of info for you.
Seeing as how you are planning to purchase a Elect Car.

"...German researchers criticized the fact that EU legislation classifies electric cars as zero-emission cars; they call it a deception because electric cars, like the Model 3, with all the factors, included, produce more emissions than diesel vehicles by Mercedes...."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-21/new-study-shocks-electric-cars-cons...

Yeah, I'm still buying one.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/24/19 at 05:32:39

WebsterMark wrote on 04/24/19 at 05:23:54:

Here's a key point. I rarely take mass transit. I UberX by myself when I'm out of town. I flush bugs I catch in the house down the toilet. If I'm cold, I turn the heat up, if I'm hot I turn the AC down. I've got two cars and 3 motorcycles. I'm heading to the airport later and need one shirt washed so I'll throw it in the machine. I've got no idea what my electric bill is and really don't care. Any 'good' you think you're doing that helps you sleep better I just erased by double.

Point is, you live your life, I'll live mine. The bigger point is, extrapolate these two examples across the globe. The Paris Climate Accords would have basically demanded the US live like TT and China, India and rest of the world got a free pass to live anyway they wanted.

There are common sense things anyone can do to reduce pollution but the idea of going backwards in lifestyles in order to address an overhyped chicken little warning about impending doom is stupid. The poorest will suffer while those who can afford to "pretend to make a difference" will not.

Some people are selfish, others aren't.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/24/19 at 05:33:30

pg wrote on 04/24/19 at 05:29:12:
Quite a bit actually.

I know that you're doing nothing - you said so in another post.

Wallow in that ignorance.  Have fun.

When you do something meaningful let us know  yahhhhh…….

Best regards, [/quote]

I have - when will you?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 10:21:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Earth Day

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.