Send Topic Print
"I'm F'd...." (Read 101 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

"I'm F'd...."
04/18/19 at 14:52:50

Here's something interesting. You will no doubt hear a thousand times the next day or so where Trump slumped back in his chair and says Oh my God, I'm f'd..."

See direct quote below.

According to Sessions’ recollection, Trump “slumped back in his chair” and said, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m fxxxd.”

You may hear, like I just did, this be pointed out as evidence of guilt. That knowing a Special Council was appointed, his crimes would be uncovered. Right? I mean, that's how it was just presented.

But how many news stories will give the full quote and thus reveal the context of the I'm F'd statement.

See below. Makes a difference doesn't it.

“Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency,” Trump said, according to Sessions. “It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: "I'm F'd...."
Reply #1 - 04/18/19 at 14:56:34

WebsterMark wrote on 04/18/19 at 14:52:50:
Here's something interesting. You will no doubt hear a thousand times the next day or so where Trump slumped back in his chair and says Oh my God, I'm f'd..."

See direct quote below.

According to Sessions’ recollection, Trump “slumped back in his chair” and said, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m fxxxd.”

You may hear, like I just did, this be pointed out as evidence of guilt. That knowing a Special Council was appointed, his crimes would be uncovered. Right? I mean, that's how it was just presented.

But how many news stories will give the full quote and thus reveal the context of the I'm F'd statement.

See below. Makes a difference doesn't it.

“Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency,” Trump said, according to Sessions. “It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/18/19 at 15:38:17

Ahem... context, you say mark?

Well, then let us use the proper context, shall we?

On May 17, 2017, Acting Attorney General Rosenstein appointed Robert S. Mueller, III as Special Counsel and authorized him to conduct the Russia investigation and matters that arose from the investigation. (501) The President learned of the Special Counsel's appointment from Sessions, who was with the President , Hunt , and McGahn conducting interviews for a new FBI Director. (502) Sessions stepped out of the Oval Office to take a call from Rosenstein, who told him about the Special Counsel appointment, and Sessions then returned to inform the President of the news.(503) According to notes written by Hunt, when Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm f**ked." (504) The President became angry and lambasted the Attorney General for his decision to recuse from the investigation , stating, "How could you let this happen, Jeff?" (505) The President said the position of Attorney General was his most important appointment and that Sessions had "let [him] down," contrasting him to Eric Holder and Robert Kennedy. (506) Sessions recalled that the President said to him, "you were supposed to protect me," or words to that effect. (507) The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, "Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency . It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me." (508)

Yeah mark, context is indeed key.

These are the words of a child - "you were supposed to protect me," "I won't be able to do anything".

As always - it's only about one thing... him.  He's in it for himself.  He's not fit to hold the office.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/18/19 at 15:51:52

it does seem that context is needed... ... huh, whoda thought

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/18/19 at 20:58:08

None of that changes my point. Leftist media purposely misrepresented the context in order to perpetuate the lies.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/19/19 at 05:27:24

Most media that speak to one audience purposely misrepresent the context in order to perpetuate the lies.  Right or Left, the methods work, so they are used.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/07/21/a-rigorous-scientific-look-into...

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_controversies

https://fair.org/topic/fox-news/

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/19/19 at 07:12:50

WebsterMark wrote on 04/18/19 at 20:58:08:
None of that changes my mind. I hate what I think is leftist media, and purposely misrepresent the context in order to perpetuate the lies.

FIFY

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/19/19 at 07:15:22

That's not a valid point in today's media. We are living with I would guess 90% liberal news outlets vs 10% conservative outlets. There is no unbiased news source. It's not possible to have an unbiased news outlet.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 04/19/19 at 07:48:42

tps://www.thefreedictionary.com/biased
1. favouring of one or other (side in an argument etc) rather than remaining neutral..

Media don't
Check their Puhrivuhlige at the door.
They do the opposite. They Tell me what was said, what I was told, after the speech, ffs.

I don't watch any news. Don't agree with them. Nobody is objective. Everyone has a dog in the hunt.
But the OP makes a valid point.
For some people to latch onto

O.M.G., I'm F'd
And pretend it's what he felt because Now all his crimes would be revealed is part of Why I walked away for a while.

Latching onto the things that are hollow and trying to spin a foundation under them, a foundation of inferral not supported by any honest reading of what was said, and pretending you've finally got something you can use in your never ending quest to destroy Trump then requires the time and energy to debunk the Frikken Obvious.

Trump understood that the result would be that his administration would be busy putting out fires instead of solving problems for the American people. Fires , set by arsonists. Arsonists who may very well wind up with their polyester pajamas melted into their sorry a55es.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/19/19 at 08:29:38

funny enough, TYT, a majorly progressive leaning news source, agrees with JOG...  the "I'm F...d" . isn't about him admitting his guilt, it's him realizing that he'll have to fight the investigation instead of doing what he wanted to as president....  it could also be that he was afraid the investigation would go way beyond it's bounds and find other crimes he committed (if any)

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 04/19/19 at 18:20:57

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 04/19/19 at 18:23:39

Unless there is a CRIME , it's not POSSIBLE to obstruct.
No crime.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #12 - 04/19/19 at 21:47:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/19/19 at 18:23:39:
Unless there is a CRIME , it's not POSSIBLE to obstruct.
No crime.

That is incorrect. If you're interested in an analysis see the full article in the above link. Muller made this explicit and the reasoning for this is contained within the full article.

Also note that 'collusion' as it stands is not in an of itself a crime. The crime *is* the very obstruction itself!

Though Mueller determined there was no “collusion” between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, he makes clear that proving obstruction does not require the existence of such an underlying crime. There are many reasons, including fear of personal embarrassment, to explain why the president might have tried to impede the special counsel’s investigation. “The injury to the integrity of the justice system is the same regardless of whether a person committed an underlying wrong,” Mueller wrote. Moreover, Mueller’s team “found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations.”

But Barr hid these inconvenient facts.

In his letter in March, Barr rushed to conclude that Trump did not obstruct justice, suggesting that Mueller “[left] it to the Attorney General to determine whether the conduct described in the report constitutes a crime.” His letter, which did not contain a single full sentence written by Mueller’s team, contained none of Mueller’s reasoning, nor his rejection of all of the defenses raised by Trump’s lawyers to obstruction of justice.

Then Barr compounded the deception in his news conference Thursday before his release of the report. Without Mueller present, Barr took a question from a reporter who asked whether Mueller’s non-decision on obstruction “had anything to do with the department's long-standing guidance from the Office of Legal Counsel on not indicting a sitting president.”

Barr responded that he had a private conversation with Mueller, who told him that he “was not saying that but for the OLC opinion, he would have found a crime.” Regardless of whether Barr's recounting of the conversation was technically accurate, it’s clear that Barr’s answer was highly misleading. Having now read the report, there can be no serious question that the answer from the Mueller team is “yes.” “Fairness concerns” arising from the inability to indict a sitting president was the key factor in Mueller’s decision not to reach a conclusion on obstruction of justice.

Reading Mueller’s report, it is obvious the contortions Barr undertook to pronounce Trump exonerated. In the report, Mueller went out of his way to debunk Barr’s unconventional view that the Constitution “categorically and permanently immunize[d]” Trump from prosecution for abusing his power to undermine the investigation.

In fact, Mueller concluded that Congress has the authority to remove Trump from office, noting that his “conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.” Mueller appears to believe that it is the role of Congress to ensure Trump is not above the law.

And now Congress can see the case Mueller laid out.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 04/19/19 at 22:58:34

That's quite the twist of logic there.
Your point is made, that's not what I'm talking about. And no, I didn't know what you quoted,, but it's Frikken mind blowing.

I'm not inclined to agree with him.

Since it's legal to resist an unlawful arrest, I don't see how impeding a Bullshit investigation is anything illegal, unless it's just plain wrong to not worship insanity run amok.
The whole Frikken thing was a bogus, lefty construct,, and trump dam well better get Paige, Strock, Comey, Bruce and Nellie Orr, and the rest of lying creeps prosecuted.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/19/19 at 23:13:23

"Paige, Strock, Comey, Bruce and Nellie Orr, and the rest of lying creeps prosecuted. "

What did they lie about?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 16:22:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › "I'm F'd...."

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.