Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What if Fox News covered Trump the way it covered (Read 107 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What if Fox News covered Trump the way it cove
Reply #15 - 04/18/19 at 19:06:37

"What if the media waited till they had facts.....? "

Some do.

But if mainstream like MSNBC, or CNN, or FOX did they would generate less revenue, and the public would be less informed because listening, researching and analyzing real facts is too hard.  

Much easier to listen to people reinforce my opinions on national TV so I can create more opinions that reinforce my first ones.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/19/19 at 08:03:39

yeah, everyone says there's a left wing bias on news, and yeah, I'll give you some of that, but a lot of it is pandering to laziness and money

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 04/19/19 at 08:24:14

To me it seems FOX filled a void that was being created by the established news outlets.
Why is that?

Well look at those on the left, what they say about FOX News coverage....

Flip it 180 degrees to how those who felt those established outlets were not presenting news fairly, unbiased, but with a narrative that was agenda driven.

Its one and the same reasoning, you can't deny one, without denying the other.....

So now they pander to keep their audiences.

News use to report the news with journalistic integrity paramount, not so much anymore, its like you say Mike, MONEY......

They even CREATE the news story, inserting themselves, as the STORY....

Yep, laziness in a major component, folks just want to be spoon fed, and affirmed, not really looking for the truth, just affirmation and thinking they are right, etc.....

If you really think about it, its ALL advertising, nothing more, they are selling a product, and if you drink the beer they are pushing, all the pretty girls in the bar will flock to you.....

But thats not true.......don't ask me how I know  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/19/19 at 08:27:31

raydawg wrote on 04/19/19 at 08:24:14:
To me it seems FOX filled a void that was being created by the established news outlets.
Why is that?

Well look at those on the left, what they say about FOX News coverage....

Flip it 180 degrees to how those who felt those established outlets were not presenting news fairly, unbiased, but with a narrative that was agenda driven.

Its one and the same reasoning, you can't deny one, without denying the other.....

So now they pander to keep their audiences.

News use to report the news with journalistic integrity paramount, not so much anymore, its like you say Mike, MONEY......

They even CREATE the news story, inserting themselves, as the STORY....

Yep, laziness in a major component, folks just want to be spoon fed, and affirmed, not really looking for the truth, just affirmation and thinking they are right, etc.....

If you really think about it, its ALL advertising, nothing more, they are selling a product, and if you drink the beer they are pushing, all the pretty girls in the bar will flock to you.....

But thats not true.......don't ask me how I know  Embarrassed

Go read roger ailes' letter to nixon.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 04/19/19 at 08:53:21

News is a victim of capitalism.

News used to be loss leader, meaning it costs stations money, it didn't make money, stations felt it was their duty since they were using public airwaves, to distribute some educational value on TV, then cable happened and public airwaves gave way to private cables..

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 04/19/19 at 09:02:31

LostArtist wrote on 04/19/19 at 08:53:21:
News is a victim of capitalism.

News used to be loss leader, meaning it costs stations money, it didn't make money, stations felt it was their duty since they were using public airwaves, to distribute some educational value on TV, then cable happened and public airwaves gave way to private cables..  

We agree in total  Smiley

Maybe that is what Tweeter means when he say...."Make America Great Again"  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/19/19 at 09:02:56

I think the primary thing to remember is the "victim" isn't us, we as the consumer are the problem.

We perpetuate propaganda just by agreeing and arguing over what we observe from a source we don't take the time to verify.

As LostArtist indicates, Capitalism has changed news, and my belief is that I am Capitalism.  We all are.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 04/19/19 at 09:05:41

"Maybe that is what Tweeter means when he say...."Make America Great Again""

Given his removal of funding for many public service programs, and deregulation in many private sectors to increase potential for profit, I would say Trump is most likely not going to donate more to NPR than he would to FOX News.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 04/19/19 at 10:52:01

Eegore wrote on 04/19/19 at 09:02:56:
 I think the primary thing to remember is the "victim" isn't us, we as the consumer are the problem.

We perpetuate propaganda just by agreeing and arguing over what we observe from a source we don't take the time to verify.

As LostArtist indicates, Capitalism has changed news, and my belief is that I am Capitalism.  We all are.  

Agreed......

And now we can walk the tight line of how much regulation we need by the goverment to what, insure, balance, etc, the bridge between private and public concerns....????

Too much one way, you have problems.......and, life goes on.
Can we EVER create a fair and just system.....NO.
Should we just stop trying......NO.

Now, I will leave it up to others  Grin

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 04/19/19 at 11:23:07

Eegore wrote on 04/19/19 at 09:02:56:

for the most part yes,

the problem with that is, WE AREN"T the CONSUMER, we are the product.  we are what the media sells to their advertisers who are the consumer.  it's a weird twisted thing, the "news" is getting theirs from both sides, us paying for cable and advertisers paying them for access to us...  (this is why net neutrality is so important cause this is happening now with the internet)

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #25 - 04/19/19 at 11:51:33

T And T Garage wrote on 04/18/19 at 12:46:41:
Pfffttttt - LMAO!!!!
I just did a spit take!
Thanks for te laugh mark!

WOW, how did you know, that is,
EXACTLY the same thing many,
(I Included)
do, when you quote a Comedian,
who without Trump his career would go down hill at warp speed.

Or quote a, ‘Yahooooooo’  ’news’ source.

Or quote, CNN and many of the like,
(Very Far Left Leaning)

As being, sacrosanct..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 04/19/19 at 12:35:28

MnSpring wrote on 04/19/19 at 11:51:33:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/18/19 at 12:46:41:
Pfffttttt - LMAO!!!!
I just did a spit take!
Thanks for te laugh mark!

WOW, how did you know, that is,
EXACTLY the same thing many,
(I Included)
do, when you quote a Comedian,
who without Trump his career would go down hill at warp speed.

Or quote a, ‘Yahooooooo’  ’news’ source.

Or quote, CNN and many of the like,
(Very Far Left Leaning)

As being, sacrosanct..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy

Hmm - lots of holes in your post.  First off, most of the posts I make from Yahoo are actually not from Yahoo directly.  They're form sources like AP, The Independent, etc.

Second, I don't think I've ever directly quoted CNN.  If I did, I'm fairly certain that it contained data, not subjective reporting.

Third, what comedian - Jon Stewart?  If so, that comedian happens to be a graduate of William And Mary and is so far above trump in IQ that it's not even funny.

And lastly mn, how is it you can use $5 words like "sacrosanct", but don't know how to use "there", their" and "they're" properly?

Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 16:17:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What if Fox News covered Trump the way it covered

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.