Bernie-care...... (Read 55 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Bernie-care......
04/17/19 at 16:34:46

One thing Bernie said on FOX about his health plan costing less, was because you would not have co-pays, or deductibles, WHICH, to me personally, would be GREAT.
Having just gone on Medicare, and having to buy supplemental coverage, it vary greatly, more premiums, less deductible, etc....you must gauge your OWN risk.
Also, everyone do not get the same coverage, or cost, it depends on who is serving that area ( I think ).  
Anyway, I wonder if those who are young, etc, that rarely need a doctor understand that they would NOT have a choice now, and have to pay the same amount as me, a old fart who in all likelihood, will soon start to rack-up bills, which I won't have to pay, because THEY WILL.....  Grin

Yeah, we need to do something, but it seems it will need choices...but how?
Should we not allow medical malpractice lawsuits to lower the cost?
No more workman comp claims?

Should we also do away with all medical coverage in auto, etc, insurance?

Should we just have a one size auto insurance too, where we all pay the same amount for auto insurance?

Just some random thoughts  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Bernie-care......
Reply #1 - 04/17/19 at 21:00:20

raydawg wrote on 04/17/19 at 16:34:46:
One thing Bernie said on FOX about his health plan costing less, was because you would not have co-pays, or deductibles, WHICH, to me personally, would be GREAT.
Having just gone on Medicare, and having to buy supplemental coverage, it vary greatly, more premiums, less deductible, etc....you must gauge your OWN risk.

okay so far, so good, and that part where you gauge your own risk might not go away completely, there still might be some level of supplemental private health insurance, I don't know all the details but there are various plans out there

Also, everyone do not get the same coverage, or cost, it depends on who is serving that area ( I think ).  

this is referring to how it is currently?  right?  and yes, because private INS has divided up areas into networks and all that, limiting your real choice....  it's not like buying a car or furniture, my company provides me with health INS, so I have to do what they all choose, and do they, the upper management and business types have my poor bum butt in mind when they choose which gold level INS they want..... idk

Anyway, I wonder if those who are young, etc, that rarely need a doctor understand that they would NOT have a choice now,

as stated, I don't have much of a choice now, has to be network, a network I didn't choose, oh, and I drive to another county to work, so this choice you think we all have....  I don't know that it's all it's cracked up to be

and have to pay the same amount as me, a old fart who in all likelihood, will soon start to rack-up bills, which I won't have to pay, because THEY WILL.....  Grin

and that's okay, we pay your Social Security..  we all pay the same regardless of how much you get vs the grandma down the street from you, I'm happy to help, and a lot of that cost comes from over extended executive and administrative costs that won't be there with Medicare for All...  my taxes could go up 10% and it'd be about the same as I'm paying for my share of the premiums for my health INS now

Yeah, we need to do something, but it seems it will need choices...but how?

what choices?  INS choices or health CARE choices?

Should we not allow medical malpractice lawsuits to lower the cost?

Some states do this now, Texas limits how much you can sue over medical malpractice... INS still high here, so much so that we are very close to the bottom of insured individuals per capita.... so, yeah, go ahead..

No more workman comp claims?

um?? why?  I think that's a completely different system, but, if you are taken care of under a national INS, then maybe that system can go away and save businesses some money

Should we also do away with all medical coverage in auto, etc, insurance?

maybe....

Should we just have a one size auto insurance too, where we all pay the same amount for auto insurance?

,well, with auto, you do have a choice, a Lambo vs a Yaris for instance, and not everyone has a vehicle so not everyone needs it, unlike healthcare where everyone has health and needs care for it, so this is a bit of an overreach, but with self driving cars and companies going more towards monthly fees for services models, who knows, driving your own individual care may become a true luxury like owning  a horse someday and all the roads and cars on the roads are all taken care of by companies like trains today...  idk, some interesting thoughts here...

Just some random thoughts  Smiley

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 04/18/19 at 06:42:17

Thanks....  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 04/18/19 at 10:01:44

LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 21:00:20:
  , we pay your Social Security..    

No, you do not pay, My, or Raydawg's, (and many others) SS.

You are, forced, to pay Yours,
just like we were forced to pay ours.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/18/19 at 10:20:18

MnSpring wrote on 04/18/19 at 10:01:44:
LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 21:00:20:
  , we pay your Social Security..    

No, you do not pay, My, or Raydawg's, (and many others) SS.

You are, forced, to pay Yours,
just like we were forced to pay ours.

nope, that's not how that works, we pay it forward as we work, it is NOT a savings account the government holds for you

"When you get a paycheck, a payroll tax is levied on your earnings (under Federal Insurance Contributions Act tax, or FICA; or under Self Employed Contributions Act Tax, or SECA).

This deduction is your contribution to Social Security benefits.

Money deducted from your paycheck for Social Security is not invested in or deposited in a fund for you to collect later: rather, today's Social Security deductions (us working people) are used to pay today's Social Security benefits (you retired people)."

https://www.fidelity.com/retirement-guidance/how-social-security-works

"The taxes you pay aren’t stashed away in your own personal Social Security savings account. Instead, the Social Security Administration pools the money and uses it to cover current beneficiaries. Simply put: 81 cents of every Social Security tax dollar goes into a trust fund that pays benefits for current retirees, surviving spouses, and dependents of deceased workers. The remaining 19 cents heads to a trust fund that pays disability benefits for qualified Americans."

https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/how-does-social-security-work

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/18/19 at 10:26:53

Instead, the Social Security Administration pools the money and uses it to cover current beneficiaries.

It would be nice if they didn't use it for other things..

https://www.bing.com/search?pc=SOWI&form=AMZNS2&q=federalgovernment+uses+soci...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/18/19 at 10:36:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/18/19 at 10:26:53:
Instead, the Social Security Administration pools the money and uses it to cover current beneficiaries.

It would be nice if they didn't use it for other things..

https://www.bing.com/search?pc=SOWI&form=AMZNS2&q=federalgovernment+uses+soci...

absolutely!!!   Smiley

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 04/18/19 at 13:49:29

That is a excellent point.

How many times have we seen a targeted tax/revenue increased, with the promise of attacking the problem highlighted/intended...   MANY.

Look at the LOTTO for schools  Angry

If we are to "give" the politicians the power to oversee these programs, we need to factor in that in no way whatsoever can the money intended for that program, be utilized in any other fashion.

And to continue of my rambling about if we can get that medical coverage for everyone, then maybe another "cost" we can do away with is unions.
That is one of the best benifits of a union, but it will be moot point.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/18/19 at 15:58:08

raydawg wrote on 04/18/19 at 13:49:29:
That is a excellent point.

How many times have we seen a targeted tax/revenue increased, with the promise of attacking the problem highlighted/intended...   MANY.

Look at the LOTTO for schools  Angry

If we are to "give" the politicians the power to oversee these programs, we need to factor in that in no way whatsoever can the money intended for that program, be utilized in any other fashion.

And to continue of my rambling about if we can get that medical coverage for everyone, then maybe another "cost" we can do away with is unions.
That is one of the best benifits of a union, but it will be moot point.

as long as companies treat employees fairly as shareholders/stakeholders then unions aren't needed, it's when companies abuse employees that unions are useful, since the law is almost always on the companies' side

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 04/18/19 at 16:28:05

Oh yes, that is always a concern, but I do not believe no where on the scale it was when unions thrived.....

My point Mike, which I failed to clarify is that getting medical coverage via employment is a big bonus to any worker and his family.....
Often substituting better paying jobs, to one that offers better medical, etc.

If we no longer have to factor in medical coverage like we presently do, just like how I referenced auto insurance, etc, it gives opportunity for savings for both employee and employer.....
And might also allow a parent to stay home with their children because it won't take two to be able to afford all the better medical coverage, insurance, etc....

I think trying to factor all the possible cost savings because of this one concern, medical, is pretty endless, because we just don't know.

Here is just one example...no longer will folks be forced to live in big metropolitan areas where employment chances are greater to get those types of job that can offer those benefits...
Now folks can move away, to lower density areas, cheaper housing, etc, and live a life that they find more appealing to them.....

See what I mean?  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 16:21:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bernie-care......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.