Move On......... (Read 107 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Move On.........
04/17/19 at 07:08:26

All bitterness, anger and wrath, insult and slander must be removed from you, along with all wickedness. And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ. - Ephesians 4:31-32

The world holds few if any rewards for those who remain angrily focused upon the past.
Still, the act of forgiveness is difficult for all but the most saintly men and women.
Are you mired in the quicksand of bitterness or regret?
If so, you are not only disobeying God’s Word; you are also wasting your time.

Being frail, fallible, imperfect human beings, most of us are quick to anger, quick to blame, slow to forgive, and even slower to forget. Yet as Christians, we are commanded to forgive others, just as we, too, have been forgiven.

If there exists even one person—alive or dead—against whom you hold bitter feelings, it’s time to forgive. Or, if you are embittered against yourself for some past mistake or shortcoming, it’s finally time to forgive yourself and move on. Hatred, bitterness, and regret are not part of God’s plan for your life. Forgiveness is.

- Steve Arterburn

Anger breeds remorse in the heart, discord in the home, bitterness in the community, and confusion in the state. - Billy Graham

TODAY’S PRAYER

Heavenly Father, free me from anger and bitterness. When I am angry, I cannot feel the peace that You intend for my life. When I am bitter, I cannot sense Your presence. Keep me mindful that forgiveness is Your commandment. Let me turn away from bitterness and instead claim the spiritual abundance that You offer through the gift of Your Son.
Amen

If you really seek truth about the world, which you are a member, then ask yourself, if you honestly can......
Why do you use the hate of others to justify and DENY YOURSELF of any semblance and opportunity of simple joy and happiness.....
Instead, opting to stew in the very porridge of those you hate and despise....why?

Do you not like yourself AS YOU ARE.....
But must prove something, to someone else, as a means to self acceptance?

I pray for you who seem so angry, caught in the snare of its powers over you.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Move On.........
Reply #1 - 04/17/19 at 08:07:37

must be removed from you..

Sounds like we can't make those changes by our own will.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/17/19 at 14:13:10

"must be removed from you..

"

It does sound like that, but I don't think its meaning "must be removed by someone other than you".  A lot of traditional translation into English comes across as it was written in the original post.

Removed from you could simply mean it has to be removed in general.  Anything or anyone, including you could do it.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/17/19 at 14:53:38

careful Eegore, you're going to make heads explodes suggesting words mean what they say and not what the reader thinks they say...   (not that the reader can't add value to a message through their interpretation of it.... just that they should realize that it's just that, THEIR interpretation...)

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 04/17/19 at 15:20:53

LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 14:53:38:
.... just that they should realize that it's just that, THEIR interpretation...

Really ?
So when someone has a POV,
different than yours,
they are a,
LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 14:05:49:
idiot
OR,
LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 14:09:14:
hack

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 04/17/19 at 15:38:14

careful Eegore, you're going to make heads explodes suggesting words mean what they say and not what the reader thinks they say...   (not that the reader can't add value to a message through their interpretation of it.... just that they should realize that it's just that, THEIR interpretation...)

Why so childish dude?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 04/17/19 at 15:40:41

Eegore wrote on 04/17/19 at 14:13:10:
"must be removed from you..

"

It does sound like that, but I don't think its meaning "must be removed by someone other than you".  A lot of traditional translation into English comes across as it was written in the original post.

Removed from you could simply mean it has to be removed in general.  Anything or anyone, including you could do it.  

Exactly..... if you have trouble dealing with those listed issues, it is suggesting they need to be removed, for you to find peace, joy, etc.....
How you remove them is uo to everyones own ability.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/17/19 at 15:45:38

raydawg wrote on 04/17/19 at 15:38:14:

Why so childish dude?

until it is demonstrated that the minds on here can actually handle nuance and complicated ideas without resorting to whataboutism or tribalism, you deserve nothing

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/17/19 at 15:51:12

MnSpring wrote on 04/17/19 at 15:20:53:
.... just that they should realize that it's just that, THEIR interpretation...

Really ?
So when someone has a POV,
different than yours,
they are a,
LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 14:05:49:
idiot
OR,
LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 14:09:14:
hack

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

neither of those replies were because the view point was different

one was because the original poster, YOU, couldn't see that what was obvious and you completely failed to understand

and the other was because it's a very established, highly ingrained position that is not new or in any way insightful and was meant only to distract from the actual conversation via whataboutism

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 04/17/19 at 15:58:35

Change of heart requires much prayer.
Contrition, and reminding God of His promises.

Ezekiel 36:26 ►
SUM   PIC   XRF   DEV   STU
Verse  (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

New Living Translation
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

Pray until something happens...

If you're not somehow changed, you're not saved.
It's not possible.
It's not like flipping a switch. My life changed three years ago, over the course of three months.
The Reason we can't make the changes on our own are manifold.
One of those being
We can't Be what we aren't
Have never felt what it feels like to be something else
And have exactly Zero understanding of what it looks like to be free of all those feelings. Knowing what peace feels like was beyond my imagination.
Stopping your hands from Doing evil isn't the same as having a heart that doesn't desire it.
The
Clean Hands of the religious hypocrites don't save them.
Only asking for change until it's given will.
Read the bible looking for dots to connect.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 04/17/19 at 16:13:34

LostArtist wrote on 04/17/19 at 15:45:38:
raydawg wrote on 04/17/19 at 15:38:14:

Why so childish dude?

until it is demonstrated that the minds on here can actually handle nuance and complicated ideas without resorting to whataboutism or tribalism, you deserve nothing

You reap what you sow......

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/17/19 at 16:14:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/17/19 at 15:58:35:
Change of heart requires much prayer.
Contrition, and reminding God of His promises.

Ezekiel 36:26 ►
SUM   PIC   XRF   DEV   STU
Verse  (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

New Living Translation
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

Pray until something happens...

If you're not somehow changed, you're not saved.
It's not possible.
It's not like flipping a switch. My life changed three years ago, over the course of three months.
The Reason we can't make the changes on our own are manifold.
One of those being
We can't Be what we aren't
Have never felt what it feels like to be something else
And have exactly Zero understanding of what it looks like to be free of all those feelings. Knowing what peace feels like was beyond my imagination.
Stopping your hands from Doing evil isn't the same as having a heart that doesn't desire it.
The
Clean Hands of the religious hypocrites don't save them.
Only asking for change until it's given will.
Read the bible looking for dots to connect.

what the heck were you doing until 3 years ago...... ????? or don't I want to know?  Huh

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 04/17/19 at 16:22:17

Jog......
I think each have to find their own discovery based on a true desire to change.
Change is a constant endeavor, not a set goal.
As believers, we know where the finality of the flesh is, and we reach beyond to the evermore, eternity, as promised.
God can NOT deny himself, period, no exceptions, no prisoners.
All things are lawful, but all things do not edify, and that is where each person needs the scrutiny of THEMSELVES, to see if they are indeed attaining that which they say they want, and BELIEVE.....

None of us can do it for another, for we lack the capacity to see beyond our OWN sin.
The bible is the road map, the directions, but its up to each to test themselves, and empower themselves, with it.

Make sense?  Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 04/17/19 at 16:30:57

I stand by my post.
It literally took decades to get the response I knew I Could get.
People treat me different than before.
I see the world through a very different lens now.
I FEEL things I had no idea about.
And the peace is something I had never known. I Thought I had peace, until I actually did.
It's right there in Ezekiel.
I DIDN'T do it.

Full disclosure
I still have bad habits.
I'm not done.
Changing the mind is not finished.
I don't have that ability either.
Repentance is not sitting in a corner feeling bad about something you did.
It, like the new heart, is a gift.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 04/17/19 at 16:43:41

I too had a awakening......

Mine was instantaneous, when I was at the end of my rope, and all I saw was two choices, as if I stood upon the edge of a cliff, I jump off, or I "change" me, even tho I had no idea HOW TO CHANGE me.

Jog, it was the very first time I quit playing with God, pretending, etc....
I frankly said, "God, if you are who you say you are, then take my life, I want nothing to do with it anymore....."

BOOM.........

I felt it......
I felt his presences....
I was changed, and just seconds ago I was thinking of jumping from that cliff, I now felt so peaceful, safe, and all the toxicity in my emotions, mind, thinking....gone.

I know its not like that for everyone, listening to their testimonies, but for me I had a instantaneous one that only took 50 years  Grin Grin Grin  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 16:16:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Move On.........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.