Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can someone tell me torque specs on bottom fork bo (Read 114 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Can someone tell me torque specs on bottom for
Reply #15 - 04/12/19 at 13:50:55

batman wrote on 04/12/19 at 12:29:43:
The easiest way I've found to get the caps back on,  is to unscrew the caps  (with no spring pressure applied) and mark where the fine threats disengage ,both the cap and the tube.  replace the spring and compress the cap turning it ccw slightly,  then  cw to align the marks and start the threads. (don't mix the caps after marking -a dot with a fine tip marker works for me).

Be nice to them and they won't threaten you.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 04/12/19 at 14:43:00

I Have Been very nice to the caps.
Surely you don't think I'm abusive to my bike parts.

I've used that technique of looking at where the start threads line up before, and it's a winner.. but I was so frustrated I managed to forget it. Thanks!!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 04/14/19 at 13:58:29

And, since we all know how wonderful the clear is on the sliders, and that the only way to clean them up and fix it is off the bike, I'm doing that, too.
I went to the store that sells to body shops and bought two rattle cans of Two Stage clear. It's got a cartridge in the base of the can to activate the paint. It is good for over thirty hours after you push the button.
Snot cheap, at all.. two cans were Fiftee Bud, and change.. Hopefully I can take one back.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 04/20/19 at 21:10:06

Awwrite, so I sukk at painting, but I managed a passable job. Got both sliders, lower triple clamp, signal mounts, and a test patch on the truck hood. One can.
Absolutely couldn't get the caps on the tubes even after I marked where the threads lined up...
So, I looped a rope through the caliper mount and hung my heel in it and pulled the slider down some. Win!
A 5/8 ths deep 1/2" chrome socket in the axle hole and a foot pushing down and another Win...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 04/21/19 at 01:28:02

Ohhh, yeah, thank you to everyone who helped compile the tech section. I got some other torque information today.
Looks like a ton of work, so, Thank You

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 22:33:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can someone tell me torque specs on bottom fork bo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.