Send Topic Print
First Savage Ride (Read 54 times)
Zephan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

First Savage Ride
04/09/19 at 09:32:11

I bought a 2009 S40 “Savage” Boulevard in Bremerton. I then drove it roughly 75 miles home just north of Seattle.

First 3 miles were interesting. I found myself on a beautiful winding lakeside road. I passed a guy walking in the middle of the road ... he was following some geese. Two turns later I tested locking up the breaks as two geese decided to SLOW DOWN as I approached!  Suicidal fowl. No birds were harmed on my ride... at least by me or my new Savage.

Next part got exciting. Merging from one highway to another - an SUV decided to speed into the merging on-ramp ... right where I was riding. I saw him and breaked+swerved to avoid being bumped into the bushes at ~55mph. My wife and college daughter were driving behind me. They confirmed the suv was nuts - not me (for once).

The Kingston ferry ride was great. I met a couple Harley Road Kings waiting to board. I let them sit on the Savage. They couldn’t believe how light it was  Cool. That said I am sure they preferred their >3x heavier bikes  Grin.

Finally got home with no other incidents. Next day I could hardly move my left arm. Turns out these Savages are known to be a bit harsh on vibrations at highway speeds. I’ll ride looser and look into vibration dampening.

Cheers!   Smiley

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: First Savage Ride
Reply #1 - 04/09/19 at 09:47:13

Welcome to the fold!

My buddy and I have a Savage bobber that we've been building (for forever!).

All I can say is - at least in my experience - that engine will run no matter what!  We had a couple of head bolts broken and actually forgot to tighten a couple more when we tried to start it.  It didn't care, started right up.  However, it kinda reminded me of the Willy Wonka car that ran on carbonation!  It looked like an oil sprinkler!

Enjoy your thumper - they're tons of fun!

(feel free to respond back to up your count)  Smiley

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 04/09/19 at 11:28:52

Welcome. Yep, look out for the dummies and the wildlife.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
mjg1088
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/23/19 at 11:24:45

Congrats on the new ride! Stay safe out there!

2013 Boulevard - Bone Stock
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 12:44:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › First Savage Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.