Send Topic Print
The Outlaw Josey Wales (Read 156 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Outlaw Josey Wales
04/09/19 at 05:29:12

I posted this elsewhere a minute ago, but felt it deserved a separate thread.

To clarify, when the phrase "the hero we don't deserve but the one we need" is used, it means Trump is not anyone's first choice. He's not necessarily an inspiring person by any means.

I would hope the Republican President in 2024 is not a Trump clone. But I hope that, because of Trump's Presidency, his type of personality won't be necessary any longer. In 2016 however, liberals and leftist had backed this Nation into a corner and Trump was the only one capable of fighting us back towards the center of the ring.

Like a vigilante, (many of Clint Eastwood's western characters) you need that person to step in and do what must be done, what only he can do. Standing in the midst of the dead and dying, after he scrappes the blood and guts off his boots, you want him to ride off. So it is with Trump.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The Outlaw Josey Wales
Reply #1 - 04/09/19 at 05:57:46

I'd say he's more like the banker or oil tycoon that financed the vigilante.  A vigilante knows enough to not respond when somebody says something bad about him.

I'm not saying the banker isn't a valuable character, they get things done, I just don't equate Trump with heroism.  I think he has quick decision making skills and enough money to compensate for bad decisions.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/09/19 at 06:16:31

The facts simply don't back you mark.  They just don't.  In no way, shape or form can any rational person say that trump's a hero in any sense of the word.

Think about it - in this economy, he should be a shoe-in for re-election.  As it is now, he actually might be primaried.  He has never gotten above 45% approval (gallup) and he probably never will.  The public knows exactly who he is.

He is not a leader - anyone can see that he's in it for himself only.  He is profiting directly off his position (emoluments clause?) and he's doing it right out in front of you all.

Look at how he's run his administration and how many people have left/been fired.  DHS and now the Secret Service directors just this week.  At the current time he doesn't even have a Secretary of Defense.

No, sorry - you're fooling yourself.  This is no hero.  I'm not sure how or why you can't (or refuse) to see who trump really is and how much damage he's done to the fabric of this country.

You yourself have said that 75% of what he says cant be defended.  How is that heroic?  Why do you continue to lie to yourself about this terrible "man"?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/09/19 at 06:43:00

I'd say he's more like the banker or oil tycoon that financed the vigilante.

I don't think that's a good analogy Eeg. A Josey Wales character's actions directly benefit (and in fact are undertaken at least partially) for the benefit of others. A typical Josey Wales type character takes action first for himself and then later specifically for someone else who has been wronged. Trump truly believes he's working on behalf of this nation and to a degree, to establish a legacy for himself. I'm fine with that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/09/19 at 06:43:40

As it is now, he actually might be primaried

Please....... please bet me on that. Anything. A quarter....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/09/19 at 06:44:58

The public knows exactly who he is.

I think you finally said something correct.

Trump was perhaps the most well known candidate in history. And he won the office. I've said all along and everyone I know has said all along, we know precisely who Trump is. And who he isn't. And we choose him.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/09/19 at 06:46:23

Why do you continue to lie to yourself about this terrible "man"?

I'm not lying to myself. You refuse to see, as you pointed out, 45% recognize exactly who he is and still stand by him over any of the Dems today.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 04/09/19 at 07:23:27

Web, I will give you some credit in saying Trump won't cave under the pressure of incessant reporting from rumor and innuendo......

A get Trump, at any cost, runs rampant in the media, causing a once valuable source or, check and balance, of information, has joined the fray of self promotion, sorta of a fox now guarding the hen house scenario.....

The media, and all of its associated like minded folks, who went after Nick Sandmann is to me, a glaring example of just how out of control folks have become with their desire to ruin the man Trump.

Where a kid, remember how much we heard about bullying, etc, is sullied and bullied by many, no facts, just a opportunity they see presenting itself, to use a kid, as example, at how Trump is turning folks into terrorist like people......
When the facts support its them, that use false reporting knowingly, or with malpractice, in this event.

Funny, yes, Trump runs at the mouth defending himself......

Funny, many here run at the mouth, daily, with nothing more than their own defense of what they think and believe, and call it fact.....
And its as right as rain in their eyes.

I understand you wanting a different person in 2024, I think we will see it sooner.....I do.
I think he will give folks the middle finger in 2020, and not run, I just think that is more like him  Grin    

Have a great day.....life is always a treat, if we free our mind from its tricks!  Wink

PEACE

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 04/09/19 at 07:58:55

I think you're romanticizing a twit...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/09/19 at 08:51:23

Serowbot wrote on 04/09/19 at 07:58:55:

I don't think so. I know one thing for sure, the Republicans are not bowing down and kissing the ring of a POS race hustler like Sharpton. That was embarrassing.....  Presidential candidates raising back and forth to see which one could up the reparations pot high enough to satisfy the mob. Pathetic....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/09/19 at 08:53:11

I think he will give folks the middle finger in 2020, and not run, I just think that is more like him

I don't see that at all. If that were the case, he'd have done it long ago. No, he's in it for the long haul. Especially looking at the Democratic field.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/09/19 at 08:58:29

WebsterMark wrote on 04/09/19 at 06:46:23:
Why do you continue to lie to yourself about this terrible "man"?

I'm not lying to myself. You refuse to see, as you pointed out, 45% recognize exactly who he is and still stand by him over any of the Dems today.

Perhaps, but the other 55% wouldn't vote for him if their life depended on it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/09/19 at 08:59:33

WebsterMark wrote on 04/09/19 at 06:43:40:
As it is now, he actually might be primaried

Please....... please bet me on that. Anything. A quarter....

So desperate to bet... so sad.

Eastern Missouri/Southern Illinois Hotline Number: 855-2CALLGA (855-222-5542)
Kansas City Hotline Number: 855-2CALLGA (855-222-5542)

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 04/09/19 at 09:00:24

WebsterMark wrote on 04/09/19 at 06:44:58:
The public knows exactly who he is.

I think you finally said something correct.

Trump was perhaps the most well known candidate in history. And he won the office. I've said all along and everyone I know has said all along, we know precisely who Trump is. And who he isn't. And we choose him.

Something you refuse to acknowledge - he's never been above 45% approval.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/09/19 at 09:01:50

Serowbot wrote on 04/09/19 at 07:58:55:

I second that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3