Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone remember this fiasco? (Read 35 times)
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
anyone remember this fiasco?
04/03/19 at 13:28:19

There was a pretty long discussion about this on here when it happened.

Not law enforcement's finest hour.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/us/waco-motorcycle-gang-shootout.html

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: anyone remember this fiasco?
Reply #1 - 04/03/19 at 14:15:51

Quote:
McLennan County, the City of Waco, Mr. Reyna and others are defendants in lawsuits filed in Federal District Court by more than 100 bikers, who say that their civil rights were violated because they were arrested without probable cause. A judge in Waco ruled in November that the lawsuits could proceed.

couldn't even be bothered to press charges on the 2 targeted gangs.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 04/03/19 at 15:42:50

help this slo cranium remember
leo raided a establishment and the 2%ers inside fought back??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/03/19 at 16:46:31

leo raided a establishment and the 2%ers inside fought back

No.

The Cossacks and the Banditos engaged in a shootout during a planned meeting in a location that served the public. (Twin Peaks restaurant)

More LEO were placed on duty and near the area to monitor it, but the initial outbreak of violence was by the motorcycle club members who also engaged in gunfire with LEO that responded to the initial violence.

LEO did not raid anything.

There are some unconfirmed statements about that LEO were randomly firing assault rifles into the crowd.  I've heard other stories that can't be confirmed, such as CIA agents planted in the MC groups to instigate violence, and that LEO informed staff at Twin Peaks "to be ready for gunfire" hours before the bikes arrived.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 04/03/19 at 17:02:45

thumperclone wrote on 04/03/19 at 15:42:50:
help this slo cranium remember
leo raided a establishment and the 2%ers inside fought back??

No. No raid. A fight broke out at a gathering of multiple biker groups involving members of two of the groups. Shots were fired. Nine people were killed.There were police stationed in the vicinity because they were allegedly "expecting trouble" Nobody shot at the police, who were, if I remember correctly, across the parking lot outside the building.

Yet, when the autopsy results were finally released after months of stonewalling by the DA and the police chief, it was revealed that four of the nine guys shot dead were shot by the cops. 5.56 bullets from AR type rifles. You know. The ones the cops have. None of the bikers involved had ARs. There were none in the pile of weapons confiscated.

Some of the cops on the scene  apparently shot at the bikers to keep them from shooting each other. I don't know how the law works in Texas, but in most places the police aint supposed to do that.

When the dust cleared EVERYONE that was on the property and looked like they might be a bike club member was arested and taken to jail. 177 people. Charged with some kind of racketeering BS. Bail was set at 1 million dollars for everyone arrested.

All the motorcycles still in the parking lot after the arrests were hauled off to the police impound lot.

Some of those guys sat in jail for weeks or months waiting for bail reduction hearings so that they could get out of jail and go back to their jobs, families etc. while they waited for a court date. Some waited for years for a trial. Some of them lost their jobs. Who knows how may got their bike back, and in what shape the bikes were in when that happened.

Don't forget that - regardless of how you might feel  about motorcycle gangs - these were folks that in our system of justice are presumed innocent until it's proven that they are not.

You can see the end result in the Post article. After four years, who knows how much wasted money on both the accused and the accusers parts, no convictions, all charges dismissed.

And coming down the pike are a bunch of lawsuits that are going to wind up costing the taxpayers in Waco a crapton of money.

Because of an idiot DA and an idiot police chief. Neither of whom will face any personal financial consequences for the debacle.

If that's not a grade A clusterf*ck, I've never seen one.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 04/03/19 at 19:24:50

I remember that everyone who owned a motorcycle in the vicinity was arrested, a lot of innocent people were in jail for a long time.  I didn't realize all the charges were dismissed.  Regarding the 5.56, if something bad goes down and you have a weapon, they will be obliged you.....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 00:23:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › anyone remember this fiasco?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.