Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: This Just In!!
Reply #15 - 04/04/19 at 08:24:29

pg wrote on 04/04/19 at 07:59:31:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/04/19 at 05:48:54:
pg wrote on 04/03/19 at 19:19:20:
He was being facetious and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker....

Albeit, it is was in poor taste.

Best regards,

Really?  Got any proof of that?

But hey, like I said, only 25% of what that moron says can be taken seriously - very presidential... Cheesy

Sure, the mere fact you keep on posting about it?

Best regards,

Huh?  I don't follow....  How do you tell when to take him seriously pro golfer?  Do you have some kind of guide I could use? (I think my IQ's just too high to operate at trump's level...)

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/04/19 at 08:48:53

T And T Garage wrote on 04/04/19 at 08:22:39:
WebsterMark wrote on 04/04/19 at 06:52:43:
And birds do get killed flying into plateglass windows. We had two in our old house. We eventually put stuff on the window sill. Probably killed 5 birds a year. So yes, turbines kill birds. Any bird.

Yeah, but buildings with windows kill more.

Save the birds!  Stop using glass windows!!   Roll Eyes

I have no idea if that's true.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/04/19 at 09:13:33

WebsterMark wrote on 04/04/19 at 08:48:53:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/04/19 at 08:22:39:
WebsterMark wrote on 04/04/19 at 06:52:43:
And birds do get killed flying into plateglass windows. We had two in our old house. We eventually put stuff on the window sill. Probably killed 5 birds a year. So yes, turbines kill birds. Any bird.

Yeah, but buildings with windows kill more.

Save the birds!  Stop using glass windows!!   Roll Eyes

I have no idea if that's true.

It's actually true.  High rise building windows kill far more birds.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/04/19 at 09:37:56

Ok, I'll take your word for it. Doesn't change the fact turbines kill birds too. I'd be interested to see if turbines are more likely to kill certain types of birds because of where they are located.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/04/19 at 10:06:19

"I'd be interested to see if turbines are more likely to kill certain types of birds because of where they are located."

There is ample information about this.  Wind turbines located near Sparrows kill more Sparrows than Eagles.  Wind turbines around Eagles will kill more Eagles than Sparrows.

ABC and Audubon have endorsed the AWEA after turbine location analysis were required to utilize migratory pattern information and undergo conservancy assessment as well.  This was in 2006.

There's actually a lot of activity involved with protecting birds near turbines.  From the Audubon Society:

"The most advanced and widespread technologies are those that use radar and GPS to detect incoming flocks and turn off the turbines in time for the birds to fly through"

Much of this stems from the Altamont Pass wind farm, which was built in a migratory zone and with a blade type that has been abandoned.  Wind Turbine regulation is in the Migratory bird Treaty Act:

https://www.fws.gov/birds/policies-and-regulations/laws-legislations/migrator...

In either case no matter what building, energy source, fence, etc. that any company builds it will kill birds.  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/04/19 at 10:16:01

Eegore wrote on 04/04/19 at 10:06:19:
"I'd be interested to see if turbines are more likely to kill certain types of birds because of where they are located."

There is ample information about this.  Wind turbines located near Sparrows kill more Sparrows than Eagles.  Wind turbines around Eagles will kill more Eagles than Sparrows.

ABC and Audubon have endorsed the AWEA after turbine location analysis were required to utilize migratory pattern information and undergo conservancy assessment as well.  This was in 2006.

There's actually a lot of activity involved with protecting birds near turbines.  From the Audubon Society:

"The most advanced and widespread technologies are those that use radar and GPS to detect incoming flocks and turn off the turbines in time for the birds to fly through"

Much of this stems from the Altamont Pass wind farm, which was built in a migratory zone and with a blade type that has been abandoned.  Wind Turbine regulation is in the Migratory bird Treaty Act:

https://www.fws.gov/birds/policies-and-regulations/laws-legislations/migrator...

In either case no matter what building, energy source, fence, etc. that any company builds it will kill birds.  

Thanks Eegore.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/04/19 at 11:04:07

Wind turbines located near Sparrows kill more Sparrows than Eagles.  Wind turbines around Eagles will kill more Eagles than Sparrows.

that's a bit simplistic. my thought was wind turbines are often in rural areas (or at the very least, more open areas) where you are more likely to have certain birds. sure, there I see eagles and owls around the city now and then, but far more often out in the rural areas. therefore, my thought that certain birds are killed more often by turbines than other birds.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 04/04/19 at 15:56:15

Statistically songbirds are killed at wind turbines more than other birds.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 04/04/19 at 16:54:05

More birds are killed flying over powerplant smokestacks...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #24 - 04/04/19 at 17:42:02

T And T Garage wrote on 04/04/19 at 08:24:29:
Huh?  I don't follow....  How do you tell when to take him seriously pro golfer?  Do you have some kind of guide I could use?

You don't follow, no kidding.....  This isn't a guide; although, anything written by Ayn Rand would suffice.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 04/04/19 at 19:12:39

pg wrote on 04/04/19 at 17:42:02:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/04/19 at 08:24:29:
Huh?  I don't follow....  How do you tell when to take him seriously pro golfer?  Do you have some kind of guide I could use?

You don't follow, no kidding.....  This isn't a guide; although, anything written by Ayn Rand would suffice.

Best regards,

LOL - ayn rand????  atlas stubbed!

But seriously, how do you know when to take your orange boyfriend seriously?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 04/05/19 at 11:02:43

So, if he was "joking", why didn't his director of strategic communications know and tell us as such?

Oh yeah, that darn 75% thing again, huh?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 08:13:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › This Just In!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.