Crazy spooky...... (Read 145 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Crazy spooky......
04/03/19 at 08:50:44

I have to go on FB, as we use its domain as a source of income.
I have noticed a really big uptick, in historical data researching of me.
I get the prompts of "You might know" and then its a person I might have went to second grade with.....WHOA.  Shocked

Seems we are getting heavier and heavier, more reliant on this technology, that soon it might be impossible to live, in this world, without our own cript.

The chip is getting more and more powerful, using less power needed, to perform more task. Our bodies produce a certain amount of that stimuli, it works via our nervous system to make us move and think.....
Can you imagine if a implant can be applied in our cortex that can be programmed by a outside entity......OH SHEET!!!!!!!!!

I am scaring myself....I better make sure I got my meds right this morning  Grin    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Crazy spooky......
Reply #1 - 04/03/19 at 09:25:03

The whole exchange of data on the internet is spooky.

I have a computer at work, a cell phone, and a computer at home.  If I look at something on my computer while I am at work.....when I open my home computer the pop up advertising is related to the stuff I was looking at when I was at work.

I know it is far more advanced that the simple scenario above.....and there is stuff I would like to know how it works and what makes it function out of curiosity - but I don't want to get on somebody's "watch list".....so I don't dare Google it!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 04/03/19 at 10:38:22

Yeah Dave, isn't that amazing.....

My oldest son, who has a masters from Pepperdine University and a under degree from Fresno State, is in the advertising business. He has won awards, and has worked for some really well known business, they were his accounts.
One of his expertise was the INTERNET.
He won't even go on Facebook.

The stuff he has shared about all of this, the invasion of privacy, etc, for capitalistic goals......well, he has pretty much moved on from the field, because of conscious concerns, and we are talking forfeiting some big paychecks.....

The kid took after his mom.  Grin  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #3 - 04/03/19 at 10:51:55

Dave wrote on 04/03/19 at 09:25:03:
The whole exchange of data on the internet is spooky.

I have a computer at work, a cell phone, and a computer at home.  If I look at something on my computer while I am at work.....when I open my home computer the pop up advertising is related to the stuff I was looking at when I was at work.

I know it is far more advanced that the simple scenario above.....and there is stuff I would like to know how it works and what makes it function out of curiosity - but I don't want to get on somebody's "watch list".....so I don't dare Google it!

Are you logged into the same Google account and using google.com on all three devices? If so, what you're seeing is exactly what you should see. Google tracks your history via the logged in account so it can use your info for the targeted ads that pop up.

If not, you should be looking for black helicopters.  Lips Sealed

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #4 - 04/03/19 at 10:53:39

I was on Facebook for a very short time. No more! It took me at east two weeks to get off it and it was clear that  they definitely didn't want to let me go.

I was receiving many emails a day from people who wanted to be my "friend" mostly from young girls. Sounds like a good deal except for the fact that is so phony. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #5 - 04/03/19 at 10:55:47

Ad blockers, privacy badger, and no script will severely cut down on the amount of information that your browser leaks to the data collectors. And Google is one of the worst for hoovering data, right up there with Facebook.

If you can't stop them from collecting your data, at least poison it so that it is useless to them. If you give them so much bogus data that they have a hard time sifting the valid data from it, then it (the data) becomes a lot less valuable to them. Your browser tells each website that you visit what browser you are using, the OS, your screen resolution, and chipset architecture among other things. For years my browser said that I was surfing the web on an 8-bit Atari 800, running MSDOS 3.2, and that my web browser was Outlook Express. With that much obviously bogus data being sent, the rest of the data becomes suspect also. Now it costs them time and manpower to verify the data being gathered. If enough people would do the same then the cost of sifting the good data out would be more than the profits of selling that data, ending the data collection schemes.

Walmart is planning to roll out shopping carts with biometric sensors in the handle that read heart rate and blood pressure. They claim that it will be used for health reasons. That same data is very valuable to advertisers too. You get real time response to various advertising campaigns instore so that they can determine what method is the most effective for a given product. That is a big step towards irresistable advertising.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 04/03/19 at 11:20:00

Is it possible to identify a person by their specific heartbeat ?
Is the electrical pattern of the beating unique to each individual ?

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #7 - 04/03/19 at 11:27:16

Take Oldfellers advice and install Adbolck Plus. Works quite well for me.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 04/03/19 at 12:45:04

We're all just peripheral characters in some kids video game anyway... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #9 - 04/03/19 at 12:50:51

LANCER wrote on 04/03/19 at 11:20:00:

No, but they have the next best thing. The carts transmit a wifi or bluetooth signal so they can identify and locate which cart and where it is in the store. Simply reading the change in heart rate and blood pressure then lets them know how you respond to seeing a shelf display so that they can more accurately tweak the ad to entice you to buy that item.

Have you seen any stores with electronic displays on the shelves that show the price of that item? Some stores are in cahoots with social media and using that data in the same way. Say you make a post on facebook that you are interested in getting a new TV. You go into a store with the digital signs a few days later. Facebook can identify you by your smartphone, and the stores have access to that data. When you walk in they scan for phones and yours responds to the scan. Now the store knows who you are and that you are looking for a new TV. As you approach the TV aisle, they can instantly change the prices on the electronic display when you are in range of their tracker, and influence your choice of purchase by lowering the price on a model with a high profit margin and raising the prices of the others. Without you ever realizing it, the store just controlled your purchase.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 04/03/19 at 13:15:05

Fast 650 wrote on 04/03/19 at 12:50:51:
LANCER wrote on 04/03/19 at 11:20:00:

No, but they have the next best thing. The carts transmit a wifi or bluetooth signal so they can identify and locate which cart and where it is in the store. Simply reading the change in heart rate and blood pressure then lets them know how you respond to seeing a shelf display so that they can more accurately tweak the ad to entice you to buy that item.

Have you seen any stores with electronic displays on the shelves that show the price of that item? Some stores are in cahoots with social media and using that data in the same way. Say you make a post on facebook that you are interested in getting a new TV. You go into a store with the digital signs a few days later. Facebook can identify you by your smartphone, and the stores have access to that data. When you walk in they scan for phones and yours responds to the scan. Now the store knows who you are and that you are looking for a new TV. As you approach the TV aisle, they can instantly change the prices on the electronic display when you are in range of their tracker, and influence your choice of purchase by lowering the price on a model with a high profit margin and raising the prices of the others. Without you ever realizing it, the store just controlled your purchase.

Well that explains why all the prices drop when I race by... they're not dropping for me, but for those I nearly run over.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #11 - 04/03/19 at 16:58:37

Welcome Back Ray ! I knew he couldn't stay gone for long.  Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 04/03/19 at 20:14:11

Ruttly wrote on 04/03/19 at 16:58:37:
Welcome Back Ray ! I knew he couldn't stay gone for long.  Grin Grin Grin

Not from you BUDDY  Kiss

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #13 - 04/04/19 at 14:35:07

My "social media", is this forum and an antique car forum. That's about it. As far as shopping trolleys reading your heart beat and blood pressure. There must be a sensor somewhere, and a little chewing gum of blue tack over the sensor may impede its function. You could also tell friends and foes not to use organisations using this technology. Twelve letters across a CEOs desk may help a hundred letters may help more and so on. If you feel strongly about this use the cell system, tell two people and get them to tell two people and so on. However would people be bothered to do these things?

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #14 - 04/05/19 at 21:32:13

I've been using "DuckDuckGo' as search engine for a year and notice no extraneous ad targeting aimed at me. Adblocker on Firefox needs to be disabled for some news sites. Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:33:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Crazy spooky......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.