Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help decomp removal and clutch switch deactivation (Read 94 times)
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Help decomp removal and clutch switch deactivation
03/11/19 at 14:49:33

So we're back and spring is here... Recall that per posts last October, the decomp is broke so the bike won't start or run.  Gas was drained and battery disconnected back then.  And the clutch switch is loose off the controls so it was suggested I just 'deactivate' it.

1.  Now I got a RYCA decomp thumb lever to put on.  So is there any guidance anywhere on how?  Obviously pull off and disconnect the decomp stuff, hmmm?  OK.  but the RYCA lever video seems to be all talk and no show on the install.  or do I just ignore the wiring and leave it there?  

2. Also the clutch switch tab seems broken off and it can be twisted around so the little plunger always stays 'out' but that's not deactivation.  

After that I get to do the start-me-up, but we'll get to that in time.

So I need more help again.

And thanks again. Undecided

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Help decomp removal and clutch switch deactiva
Reply #1 - 03/11/19 at 15:04:19

You can just use that lever to replace the stock lever.
And for the most part you won't need to use it unless the starter stalls during starting.
To use it, you'll need to deactivate the clutch safety as you have done already.
you can eliminate the decomp controller too and I would recommend it as it draws current from the battery all the time and presents a risk as when it fails, it'll send you bike into the wall in the middle of the night.
This will require you jump to connectors together on the decomp controller connector from the starter button to the starter.

WWW   IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #2 - 03/15/19 at 14:29:08

Wow. Hard to believe.  It's fixed. Twice in a row.  Must be something about this forum if I keep trying.   And I think we lost 10 lbs too. Removed old heavy decomp stuff.  Installed little lever.  First try with new gas and a different sound too finally.  We are very grateful for all the encouragement.  Will work on not being such an old poofer too. 😖 Tks.

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 03/16/19 at 01:53:44

Doing a bobber I have a diagram for you
Send me your email in a PM and I'll send it to you

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dadyo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/20/19 at 22:35:28

Hey Ruttly can I get that wiring diagram too? I'm just about to work my harness over.

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #5 - 04/27/19 at 09:39:23

OMG.  My bad... Pic...  better late than never.  

and thanks everyone for you help and for the wiring diagram, though I.m not quite that far along it makes sense.

ryca_2.jpg

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 00:28:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help decomp removal and clutch switch deactivation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.