norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Boeing 737 Max.
03/10/19 at 11:45:46

Raydawg,

Are you there? Looks like Boeing dropped another one under similar circumstances to Lion Air.

They seem to be following Airbus with all the electronic gizmos. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Boeing 737 Max.
Reply #1 - 03/10/19 at 17:53:34

Did it nose dive?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Re: Boeing 737 Max.
Reply #2 - 03/10/19 at 21:21:09

I believe it did. The wreckage was very contained.

Raydawg is a retired engineer from Boeing and had mentioned how they had changed their philosophy on flight controls.

Boeing and Airbus have differing ideas about flight controls and computer control, at least thus far. Airbus aircraft are basically flown by the engineers on the ground. It is not possible to turn off all the computers. Guess they don't trust pilots. Boeing on the other hand let the pilot turn off the computers. "Y'all be careful now".

As far as I know the 737 Max series is more like the Airbus as far as computer controls are concerned. That is what Ray told me but not having been trained on that model Boeing I'm not certain.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 07:19:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Boeing 737 Max.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.