Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Unbreaking America: A NEW Short Film about Solving (Read 119 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Unbreaking America: A NEW Short Film about Solving
03/10/19 at 05:00:17

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Unbreaking America: A NEW Short Film about Sol
Reply #1 - 03/10/19 at 10:33:24

Its good to something mainstream point out that no matter what level of "public support" exists there is zero practical influence in Congress for actually passing a law related to the issue.

Also the cumulative State law passage leading to Federal acceptance is good to see.  When CO legalized marijuana this factor was a big part of the presentation.

I for one support eliminating Jerrymandering and confidential campaign donations.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 03/11/19 at 10:03:33

“…Its good to something mainstream point out that no matter what level of "public support" exists there is zero practical influence in Congress for actually passing a law related to the issue….”

I don’t believe the 30% factor is true in all cases.
Perhaps the cases which are not publicized.
But in the cases where, things are influenced by the Media, (both ways), the ‘public support’ definitely has a influence.
And I believe a influence Much Higher than 30%.

Recent case, banning/removing the Confederate Battle Flag from the roof of a  car, which was featured on a TV comedy show.
Yet, completely ignoring a TV show, featuring Andy Griffin, where each shot of the, ‘bench’, where a Judge sits, their was a USA & Battle flag displayed.

Later, the, ‘Amber Alert’.

Several years ago, requiring a background check as to a person’s crimes or mental stability before they bought something.

Old cases, banning a certain colored skin person, from doing certain things or going certain places.

I believe the input from people, about those things, (and many more), had a Huge influence on a, ‘law/rule/ordnance/code/etc;’.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/11/19 at 10:57:54

MnSpring wrote on 03/11/19 at 10:03:33:
“…Its good to something mainstream point out that no matter what level of "public support" exists there is zero practical influence in Congress for actually passing a law related to the issue….”

I don’t believe the 30% factor is true in all cases.
Perhaps the cases which are not publicized.
But in the cases where, things are influenced by the Media, (both ways), the ‘public support’ definitely has a influence.
And I believe a influence Much Higher than 30%.

Recent case, banning/removing the Confederate Battle Flag from the roof of a  car, which was featured on a TV comedy show.
Yet, completely ignoring a TV show, featuring Andy Griffin, where each shot of the, ‘bench’, where a Judge sits, their was a USA & Battle flag displayed.

CONGRESS had NOTHING to do with ANY of that, there is still no national law about any of that

Later, the, ‘Amber Alert’.

maybe one example... still not enough to move the statistical needle, your anecdotes are true, but not significant.

Several years ago, requiring a background check as to a person’s crimes or mental stability before they bought something.

Old cases, banning a certain colored skin person, from doing certain things or going certain places.

I believe the input from people, about those things, (and many more), had a Huge influence on a, ‘law/rule/ordnance/code/etc;’.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/11/19 at 18:57:17

And I believe a influence Much Higher than 30%."

I'm going to go with the 1800 data sets taken over 2 decades that created that average as having more accuracy than an opinion.

"Recent case, banning/removing the Confederate Battle Flag from the roof of a  car, which was featured on a TV comedy show.
Yet, completely ignoring a TV show, featuring Andy Griffin, where each shot of the, ‘bench’, where a Judge sits, their was a USA & Battle flag displayed."

No. What you are referencing is exactly what the video said happens.  This is the confusion that perpetuates when people don't know the difference between Federal and State laws and decisions.

I believe the input from people, about those things, (and many more), had a Huge influence on a, ‘law/rule/ordnance/code/etc;’

I agree.  But the video very specifically separates Federal Law from "rule/ordnance/code/etc" and lays out the fact, which has been studied for decades, that enough State implementation leads to Federal mandate.  

Very few Federal Laws are implemented from public opinion alone.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/12/19 at 05:36:40

There are a million things wrong with the assumptions and ideas in this video starting with the premise that America is broken to begin with.

The most broken spoke in the wheel that keeps this country turning is the media and in the  scenarios laid out in the video, the idea a conservative idea would find equal footing in the media to spread its message is laughable. If you doubt that, stand up and say you doubt the effect of climate change is really as bad as its made out to be or propose research into developing safer nuclear power as a means to address climate change and watch how quickly an independent media squashes you.

Something tells me if one of the grassroots efforts started with the goal to completely outlaw abortion for example and it hit her blue line, the influence of the states with the megacities (which are heavily liberal) would stop it dead in its tracks.

Another thought, the electoral college basically performs this function right now on national elections. The "grassroots" influence of the less populated states and their over representation act as buffer between the higher popular vote totals of the coastal cities.

But this video is mostly about influencing local and state elections to force changes to federal elections. I can't help but think chief among those will be changes to the historical electoral college so as to help liberals offset the brakes in place by the less populated states. The other will be easier voter registration which is code for illegals and children to vote. One of those new freshmen members of congress just introduced a bill for 16 year olds to vote. Local communities are already allowing anyone to vote which means those infamous undocumented migrants..... Which is ironic given the left's panties got all in a bunch when the false idea Russians interfered with our elections but have no issue at all with non-citizens voting. Gee, wonder why....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/12/19 at 08:53:22

WebsterMark wrote on 03/12/19 at 05:36:40:
There are a million things wrong with the assumptions and ideas in this video starting with the premise that America is broken to begin with.

The most broken spoke in the wheel that keeps this country turning is the media and in the  scenarios laid out in the video, the idea a conservative idea would find equal footing in the media to spread its message is laughable. If you doubt that, stand up and say you doubt the effect of climate change is really as bad as its made out to be or propose research into developing safer nuclear power as a means to address climate change and watch how quickly an independent media squashes you.

Something tells me if one of the grassroots efforts started with the goal to completely outlaw abortion for example and it hit her blue line, the influence of the states with the megacities (which are heavily liberal) would stop it dead in its tracks.

Another thought, the electoral college basically performs this function right now on national elections. The "grassroots" influence of the less populated states and their over representation act as buffer between the higher popular vote totals of the coastal cities.

But this video is mostly about influencing local and state elections to force changes to federal elections. I can't help but think chief among those will be changes to the historical electoral college so as to help liberals offset the brakes in place by the less populated states. The other will be easier voter registration which is code for illegals and children to vote. One of those new freshmen members of congress just introduced a bill for 16 year olds to vote. Local communities are already allowing anyone to vote which means those infamous undocumented migrants..... Which is ironic given the left's panties got all in a bunch when the false idea Russians interfered with our elections but have no issue at all with non-citizens voting. Gee, wonder why....

Stop lying mark - you didn't watch the video.

(lol - see what I did there?  See how stupid that sounds?)

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/12/19 at 11:48:04

the media is PURE capitalism...  it's as close to a free market as anything else in this nation.... so if you see something wrong with it, then you might want to re-evaluate your holier than thou views about a pure free market/capitalistic economy

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/12/19 at 11:49:52

WebsterMark wrote on 03/12/19 at 05:36:40:

those "non-citizens" LIVE HERE.  Russian oligarchs DON'T .

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/12/19 at 12:49:26

LostArtist wrote on 03/12/19 at 11:48:04:
the media is PURE capitalism...  it's as close to a free market as anything else in this nation.... so if you see something wrong with it, then you might want to re-evaluate your holier than thou views about a pure free market/capitalistic economy

yes, that's why there's Fox News. There was a void and the market filled it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 03/12/19 at 12:51:11

those "non-citizens" LIVE HERE.  Russian oligarchs DON'T .

What does that mean? Oh, let me guess, the Russians elected Trump... come on Lost, don't fall for that BS....

So if a million Central and South Americans crossed the border and voted, you're fine with that?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/12/19 at 13:17:33

a foreign government interfering in our elections to our detriment is okay with you?  and no I'm not sure I buy all the Russian stuff either...  

"Which is ironic given the left's panties got all in a bunch when the false idea Russians interfered with our elections but have no issue at all with non-citizens voting. Gee, wonder why...."

but it's not ironic that we have a problem with people who DON'T LIVE HERE who are literally trying to destroy America vs people who LIVE HERE trying to JOIN America

only the republicans can think it's anti-democratic to encourage voting ...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/12/19 at 13:18:42

WebsterMark wrote on 03/12/19 at 12:49:26:

you're the one saying media is broken not me...  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 03/12/19 at 13:24:23

WebsterMark wrote on 03/12/19 at 12:49:26:

Wow, how naive are you mark? (that's rhetorical).

Ever see the memos from roger ailes to nixon?

No, of course you haven't.

Educate yourself.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/19/roger-ailes-nightmare-wo...

http://gawker.com/5814150/roger-ailes-secret-nixon-era-blueprint-for-fox-news

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/12/19 at 13:52:57

The memo—called, simply enough, "A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News"—

Hey moron, why would a plan be needed if GOP news was already on the air? Democrats had all the airtime back then. It's just everyone though Uncle Walter was fair and balanced, but he wasn't. Democrats back then were just as crooked as they are today and pulled off plenty of BS including turning all 3 Kennedy's into something they weren't.

Face it, you created Rush Limbaugh. And as far as I can see, at least you contributed something of value.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 04:25:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Unbreaking America: A NEW Short Film about Solving

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.