Unhealthy Faith (Read 63 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Unhealthy Faith
02/15/19 at 09:52:27

Oh yeah.....we need to hear this one, over, and over, and over again, just to make sure we do not fall into this snare  Wink

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. - Colossians 2:8

I once heard a story about a first-grader who handed his teacher a note on the first day of school. It read, "The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily those of his parents." I thought that story was funny, but it also got me thinking about our heavenly Father. Perhaps He sometimes feels like pinning that note to some Christians.

It’s so important that we represent God accurately! And one way to do this is by avoiding what I call beliefs of unhealthy faith. Here are a few examples: "When tragedy strikes, true believers should have real peace about it." Does that mean if someone really close to you suddenly dies in a tragic accident that I should feel at ease and at peace? That’s crazy!

How about this one: "Material blessings are a sign of spiritual strength." So men like Hugh Hefner, who created the Playboy em­pire, is a spiritual giant? I don’t think so! And here’s a real classic: "More than anything else, God wants me to be happy." Help me find that passage in Scripture.

Be careful of these simple little proverbs that people try to pass off on you as Spiritual truths. Read and study God’s word regularly so you can discern statements of an unhealthy faith.

- Steve Arterburn

We need the gift of discernment again in our pulpits. It is not ability to predict that we need, but the anointed eye, the power of spiritual penetration and interpretation, the ability to appraise the religious scene as viewed from God’s position, and to tell us what is actually going on. - A.W. Tozer

PEACE ALL....AMEN!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Unhealthy Faith
Reply #1 - 02/16/19 at 22:54:34

You should label the thread for fellow Christians only because you say 'our' Heavenly Father. So clearly you are snubbing Pastafarians. You idea of Heaven is just a borrowing from the Hindus. Heaven there was not the ultimate place but where you go when you have not learned anything. Heaven there is pretty much the same as the Christian Heaven, it's a nice place with clouds and nothing annoying happens, you can even eventually get to meet god and stand in the presence of his holy light. But you'll get bored with that eventually, you could take a look at the back of god for some variety. But generally a Christian heaven is eternal, which is both kinda nonsense because eternity cannot 'begin', and would also kinda suck very badly, eternity like infinity can have strange effects. Like if you sat down for a bowl of soup in the Christian heaven you'd life the spoon to your mouth but it would be eternal, you could never eat it. But really eternity beginning is nonsense.

The original Hindu heaven known as Svarga Loka, is crucially *eternal*. When one gains knowledge of oneself that you are the whole, all there is is Brahma, which they have to give a name to but there is not real image because Bhrahma is the formless whole. It's you, it's all there is, there is not anything else, time and space, matter and energy, consciousness and existence, it's all just forms of the formless timeless eternal Brhama, unchanging unmoving complete whole. That is you. You are the whole. the problem is not one of becoming the problem is one of knowing.

There is nothing to do just something to know. The folly of the human condition is to take one thing for another. Rope/snake is the classic example. And so it is we take "I" to be the mind and body and therein lies all the problems.  

https://pastafarians.org.au

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 02/17/19 at 09:04:05

Sorry, I do not understand your post, or its assignment.......

My post was directed solely to those who share my faith, as a reminder to what we are called for.

This board allows such, and even invites it in the way its titled.

If you choose to be offended, I am sorry, that was not my intention, but I am afforded in this country of free speech and expression, and I utilized that right.

If you want to argue doctrine, etc, be my guest, but be careful in assigning any one individuals motive to posting/believing, for you do not have the capacity to know such things.....
This format is ripe enough on its own accord for misunderstandings, I think it might be a disservice to introduce and argue using  personal subjective material, as a means to disqualify others.

Thanks  Smiley      

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/17/19 at 10:26:27

eau de sauvage wrote on 02/16/19 at 22:54:34:
You should label the thread for fellow Christians only because you say 'our' Heavenly Father. So clearly you are snubbing Pastafarians. You idea of Heaven is just a borrowing from the Hindus. Heaven there was not the ultimate place but where you go when you have not learned anything. Heaven there is pretty much the same as the Christian Heaven, it's a nice place with clouds and nothing annoying happens, you can even eventually get to meet god and stand in the presence of his holy light. But you'll get bored with that eventually, you could take a look at the back of god for some variety. But generally a Christian heaven is eternal, which is both kinda nonsense because eternity cannot 'begin', and would also kinda suck very badly, eternity like infinity can have strange effects. Like if you sat down for a bowl of soup in the Christian heaven you'd life the spoon to your mouth but it would be eternal, you could never eat it. But really eternity beginning is nonsense.

The original Hindu heaven known as Svarga Loka, is crucially *eternal*. When one gains knowledge of oneself that you are the whole, all there is is Brahma, which they have to give a name to but there is not real image because Bhrahma is the formless whole. It's you, it's all there is, there is not anything else, time and space, matter and energy, consciousness and existence, it's all just forms of the formless timeless eternal Brhama, unchanging unmoving complete whole. That is you. You are the whole. the problem is not one of becoming the problem is one of knowing.

There is nothing to do just something to know. The folly of the human condition is to take one thing for another. Rope/snake is the classic example. And so it is we take "I" to be the mind and body and therein lies all the problems.  

https://pastafarians.org.au

Yarrrr.... may the Pasta be with you... FSM

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/17/19 at 12:45:41

"You should label the thread for fellow Christians only because you say 'our' Heavenly Father."

I'm not sure I understand why given the state of the clickbait style thread titles we have on here that this one should have a specific heading.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #5 - 02/18/19 at 17:37:07

Eegore wrote on 02/17/19 at 12:45:41:
...why... this one should have a specific heading?

This=> My post was directed solely to those who share my faith

These sudden flurry of bible posts is just Ray trying a new form of forum trolling now that he can't troll anyone with Trump any longer.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #6 - 02/18/19 at 18:07:16

T And T Garage wrote on 02/17/19 at 10:26:27:
Yarrrr.... may the Pasta be with you... FSM

Indeed!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/18/19 at 18:08:22

Ok so there isn't any actual rule or guideline.

Thanks for clarifying.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #8 - 02/18/19 at 18:13:05

Eegore wrote on 02/18/19 at 18:08:22:
 Ok so there isn't any actual rule or guideline.

Thanks for clarifying.

If you think I'm talking 'rules' then I haven't clarified anything as you have completely not understood, or misunderstood.

My post cannot be clearer, read it again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 00:31:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Unhealthy Faith

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.