Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I determine what model my LS650 is? (Read 86 times)
blueknight
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How do I determine what model my LS650 is?
02/10/19 at 07:35:40

Good morning everyone! I'm finishing up a bobber build and need to order a couple of parts and I need to determine what model my 86 LS650 is (G/J/ K/L/M/N/P). Thank you

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: How do I determine what model my LS650 is?
Reply #1 - 02/10/19 at 09:13:21

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #2 - 02/10/19 at 11:36:44

The 86-87 bikes only differ in four areas from the 95- present S -40's    They had 4 speed trans rather than 5 speeds,  they had different carbs ,with different throttle plate and jets , and they came with different handle bars ,either drag bars or the more standard pull back bars which used different brake cylinders /lines , hand controls ,clutch and throttle cables, and turn signals,  all other parts on the bikes were the same (to my knowledge) until  the anti kickback gear /and clutch side case (starter ) introduced in 96 -to date and the S-40's which introduced passing light flasher button and 4 way flashers .  Generally all other parts can be ordered using the LS-650P  except turn signals which have change through the years a few times.I would look at a site like RON AYERS for expanded views an proper part numbers for your year bike. OOPS!  I forgot change in the seats from two piece to one with slightly different mounting.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
blueknight
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/10/19 at 12:03:38

The Ron Ayers parts fiche is my go place for OEM numbers. Unfortunately one of the parts I need is the brake lever. This bike didn't have one when I got it nor did it have the original handle bars ( I'll post a pic of that nonsense later). I may just replace the master cylinder with and aftermarket set up.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 02/10/19 at 13:08:17

I believe I have a couple front brake levers with res.
Where do you live.
Just pay shipping cost.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #5 - 02/10/19 at 22:09:44

You should  take up Lancer's offer for two reasons ,the only difference in the brake res is the outlets ,the one for the drag bar ran parallel to the bars, the pull back (more common) res outlet pointed toward the front of the bike , but you could use either with a proper length hose. after market may be either to weak or to strong depending on the size of the piston in the res.(hard to match to the brake caliper).

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 02/11/19 at 07:51:49

I have just one and it has been on the shelf a while.
Because it has been sitting I don’t want to charge for it because I can’t guarantee it for you.   If you send me your address I will send it to you to try. If it is useful for you as is or to rebuild then great, otherwise trash it if you want.  Either way there is no cost for anything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 11:25:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How do I determine what model my LS650 is?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.