Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you guys do it....???? (Read 90 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
How do you guys do it....????
02/07/19 at 08:40:10

Live in cold snow climates?

Day 4, and I am pretty much wishing it was all gone, however they say starting tonight we are setting up with clouds moving in, snow tomorrow, and wind too, into the weekend, bummer.
That some places could get significant amounts too, a warning has been issued, but they can't predict exactly where those locations might be.

Then another round is possible next week....this is just not right  Embarrassed

Oh well, I still can take advantage of it and capture pretty scenes.

This barn is from a old homestead in the late 1800's, its just down the road from me.
The man brought his wife from their Nordic home, and settled here.
He had to clear that land by hand, using horses, etc....
About 50 acres or so, is my guess, that is a huge job.

His wife died and he remarried a young island girl, who died right after we arrived up on the island.
She never married, or had kids. A single woman purchased the property and still lives there today.
It is no longer a working farm, but she uses it to host annual dog shows for field dogs.
People bring their mutts, tents, trailers, camping, and do weekends of trials out in the fields.

That land is worth MEGA bucks now....
The buildings are pretty much beyond repair.
The view is looking east. The trees you see, as they run off in the distance, are still on the island.
The mountains way out there, are the Cascades.

The second is of the sunrise, as I went to get firewood from the shed.

Pretty, yes, but I would rather be doing selfies in my speedos  Cool

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Re: How do you guys do it....????
Reply #1 - 02/09/19 at 06:23:55

Looks like you are getting more snow  Shocked
https://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/united-states-regional/wa/tacoma/a...

Which Island are you on, Ray?

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #2 - 02/09/19 at 10:08:11

How do we do it? Sometime you have no choice. Sad

I used to live about 20 miles from Dave. One winter a drunk driver crossed the median and hit me head on, totalling both cars. For the next month my only transportation was a motorcycle. Wake up in the morning, wipe the snow off the bike, fire it up and let it run until engine and exhaust heat thawed the cables, then ride to work.

I learned a funny thing about wind chill that winter, it reverses once you reach about 100 mph. It starts feeling warmer then. And cops will not get out of a nice warm cruiser and stand in the cold just to write some guy on a bike a speeding ticket for doing 60 over the limit when it is 13 degrees outside.  Wink

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #3 - 02/09/19 at 15:57:31

I hate it when the throttle cable freezes at ~ 70mph  Cool

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 02/09/19 at 19:42:54

Sorry guys, power has been sketchy today, more snow still coming tho its stopped for now, YES!

WOW.....that sounds harsh!

I use to ride mine all year long to work because I didn't want to wait in the ferry line. Got caught in snow and ice, never went down, but almost....
What was really cool was riding in the snow when those nice big gentle flakes float down, at night......its like Stars Wars with warp speeds, as the headlight shines on them and then they just whip through your side vision....pretty cool, like a BIG bong load  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 02/10/19 at 06:30:36

“A BIG bong load “ ?

NOOOOOOO. 🤪🎻

😂

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 02/10/19 at 09:40:53

LANCER wrote on 02/10/19 at 06:30:36:
“A BIG bong load “ ?

NOOOOOOO. 🤪🎻

😂

I jest....I am already a loader without loading...... Grin

You should see all the pot shops on the island now, a thriving economy.
No uptick in crime, etc.....so, all seems good, folks are in charge of their lives, choose whats best for you and what you CAN handle....

End o ' sermon  Cheesy

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 02/10/19 at 13:44:41

Oklahoma legalized medical marijuana just last year.
Dispensaries have just recently began to open.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 02/10/19 at 14:00:38

LANCER wrote on 02/10/19 at 13:44:41:
Oklahoma legalized medical marijuana just last year.
Dispensaries have just recently began to open.

Counter to what a lot of talk generated about its legalization attracting organized crime, etc....haven't seen it.
If I had to venture a guess, I would say it has helped a great deal of folks in dealing with, pain, and other "medical" type issues without having to add another layer of expense, upon its use via doctor prescribed hemp.

Just not seeing the "under the influence" citations and arrest, either, and I believe alcohol related driving issues are down out here.....
Can I say with certainty its related, nope, but if I had to guess I think its supplanting the use of booze to get "high" as folks can control their buzz better without the hangovers, fear of arrest, etc.

That stuff is suppose to be very potent too, from what I heard, way more so that the 10 bucks a lid and munchies pot I use to smoke way back when it made you rob, kill, rape, laugh and have great sex  Grin Shocked

Anyway, I think over all its nothing but a revenue loss to the booze industry.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:28:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › How do you guys do it....????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.