Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trump will tactically declare a national emergency (Read 176 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Trump will tactically declare a national emergency
02/04/19 at 00:41:00

The Republicans are threatening the emergency because the Democrat's 'won't compromise but Trump will'. But the Dems did compromise, they agreed to up their 1.3B on border security to the full 5.7b that Trump demanded, but there's no border wall. However the republicans compromise is making DACA's safe for another year or two. That's really just taking the pi55

There's no chance whatsoever of Trump getting this fcuking monument to his stupidity and the gullibility of Americans for letting him have a go at the controls.

He will declare the emergency, it will be immediately challenged and that's Trump's only way out. He can then pretend that he will win in the end. It's 1. the only way out and 2. the perfect on going distraction, that is why he will call a pointless national emergency.

However will the GOP let him? I'm going to say yes they will because they are gutless lying hypocrites in general.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/03/trump-national-emergency-wall-hoeve...

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trump will tactically declare a national emerg
Reply #1 - 02/04/19 at 14:08:10

eau de sauvage wrote on 02/04/19 at 00:41:00:
The Republicans are threatening the emergency because the Democrat's 'won't compromise but Trump will'. But the Dems did compromise, they agreed to up their 1.3B on border security to the full 5.7b that Trump demanded, but there's no border wall. However the republicans compromise is making DACA's safe for another year or two. That's really just taking the pi55

There's no chance whatsoever of Trump getting this fcuking monument to his stupidity and the gullibility of Americans for letting him have a go at the controls.

He will declare the emergency, it will be immediately challenged and that's Trump's only way out. He can then pretend that he will win in the end. It's 1. the only way out and 2. the perfect on going distraction, that is why he will call a pointless national emergency.

However will the GOP let him? I'm going to say yes they will because they are gutless lying hypocrites in general.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/03/trump-national-emergency-wall-hoeve...

There are no surprises in this sham of an administration anymore.

I expect to see this idiot do pretty much anything to distract from his impending doom.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 02/05/19 at 21:07:59

Interestingly  Nancy has a wall around her home ?    

So , how do we get immigration under control ?   If not with a wall then how ?  

Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 02/05/19 at 23:07:42

Maybe we should let them in , unless you're a native American ,that's how you got here.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #4 - 02/06/19 at 00:54:40

I appear to be wrong on this one, Trump didn't even put up a decent whimper, a complete capitulation and the rantings of a has been, never was, so called president.

At least he turned around to see Nancy sarcastically clapping his call for peace and bipartisan comity then giving him a winning smirk. She's knocked him out with a feather duster...

See the video here...https://twitter.com/Daniel_Lewis3/status/1092983252372074496

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #5 - 02/14/19 at 14:36:51

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47247726

Trump to sign border security bill and declare emergency over wall

It looked like McConnell wasn't going to budge then today he endorses the State of Emergency. Trump doesn't care at all that this will set a precedent for action on climate change by a future president but I'm surprised that McConnell is going along with it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 02/14/19 at 14:59:51

If it's a national emergency, why'd he wait 2 years to declare it?...

Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/14/19 at 15:07:27

McConnell and Republicans in general are all about WHO has power, not setting up systems and precedents about HOW power is allowed to be used.   as long as they have power, they want to be able to use it however they want to do whatever they want.   remember Nixon "It's not a crime if the President does it."  Republicans "it's not a crime if republicans do it"

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #8 - 02/14/19 at 15:43:03

batman wrote on 02/05/19 at 23:07:42:
Maybe we should let them in , unless you're a native American ,that's how you got here.

not quite right
"native" Americans just migrated here first

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/14/19 at 16:05:25

Serowbot wrote on 02/14/19 at 14:59:51:
If it's a national emergency, why'd he wait 2 years to declare it?...

Huh

LOL - you beat me to the punch Sero!!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #10 - 02/15/19 at 01:06:34

Native American 's   crossed the land bridge from Asia 70,000 years ago ,1492 was 527 years ago ,and if you want to think that way I'd say they at least, had a hell of head start.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #11 - 02/15/19 at 12:19:48

Welp, if you go back and read the OP, you'll see that Trump has just confirmed it out of his own mouth...

“I have already done a lot of wall for the election, 2020,” Trump said Friday in a freewheeling news conference in the Rose Garden. “We will end up in the Supreme Court, and hopefully we will get a fair shake and win in the Supreme Court.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/15/democrats-national-emergency-1172060

My take on this whole 'national emergency' bs, when looked at from a longer distance and larger span of time, is that...wait for it...Trump is, like a magician, royally fcuking the USA up the Khyber and picking their pocket at the same time.

Stay with me here kids... now we all know, everyone knows the entire fcuking universe knows there is not 'national emergency' by any stretch of the imagination. Yet here is the entire USA taking it seriously. This is really what Bannon's big picture is. Chaos. He would love it that a bs fight over such a ludicrous piece of frippery can actually make it to the Supreme Court.

Why doesn't someone say that the emperor has no clothes. Even after Trump's gone his damage will remain, he has permanently damaged the USA's credibility or claim to any moral leadership of the world. In a word, he's destroyed the USA as a brand, by tagging it to his Trump brand. The entire presidency for him was never anything more than a personal enrichment opportunity such that only comes along in dreams.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/15/19 at 13:15:10

"Yet here is the entire USA taking it seriously."

I don't know anyone taking it seriously.  Maybe the information you are getting is different but where I am many elected officials are critical of the decision and do not agree.  Many more Americans feel the same way.  

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-house-panel-announces-emergency-dec...

"Even after Trump's gone his damage will remain, he has permanently damaged the USA's credibility or claim to any moral leadership of the world."

So your interpretation is that due to Trump the united States will never have any leadership status globally ever again?  Why is that?

I agree damage has been done but I do not agree that every human to ever gain political status and interact with the US President in the infinite future will agree that due to Trump the US can never have a pertinent influence in the outcome of any global situation ever again.  I'm not sure how our digital consumer economy alone could be considered a subordinate economical factor in the infinite future.

« Last Edit: 02/15/19 at 14:24:22 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #13 - 02/16/19 at 00:33:11

I don't know anyone taking it seriously.  Maybe the information you are getting is different but where I am many elected officials are critical of the decision and do not agree.  Many more Americans feel the same way.  

tl:dr by taking it seriously I mean, thinking that it's OK to go along with this complete bs, because the Supreme Court will stop it.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain further. Look what just happened. McConnell said, [I'm paraphrasing here but this is what he'd have said in his own way] Mate, 'you're a fcuking idiot', we've got the evangelicals in our pocket, I don't know how the fcuk you've managed to do it being a serial adulterer and lots of other anti Christian shenanigans, not to  mention that it was not very long ago that he was pro choice.

This is the one thing that Trump has gotten right, he may know nothing about politics, but he knows an not a very nice person when he sees one, which is why he gets on well with Vlad, and Kim. He knows that if he's got the religious right, he's got the GOP, and he's got the religious right because he knows they are still the same evangelical interfering crusading asshats that piss off the muslims so much. And seriously I can see their point. However I don't have too much sympathy for the Muslims because they invaded India and destroyed the absolute greatest wealth of treasures known to humanity. The razing of the Library at Alexandria was like crumps off the table compared to India. Anyhoo, I've strayed a bit here....

Basically I'm saying that Trump has the religious right which is an ironic name because just the very fact that a minority want to shove their religious views down other people's throat by using their trickery to put in place their mates whose will is to clearly do what is wrong, for the religious right.

But the main point I still haven't addressed. What I mean is yes, it was pointed out it cannot get through. But trump says 'yes Gorsuch and Kav' will put it through. But you see they won't for the very same reasons that everyone says this is not an emergency.

The bigger point I'm making is that no one can believe what's happening but no one knows how to stop it. You've got fcuking Hannity making policy now FFS.

OK I'm going to go out on a limb now, there's only one person who has kept ethereally above the fray, disinterested. Happy to let whatever anyone says stand. Because he is the last chance, the only hope you have of someone who is not tainted to make the objective report that he will. This talk about what Barr will or will not release is in the end going to be irrelevant because the report will be structured in such a way as Barr will not have a choice.

Yeah I guess it sucks for the GOP that even though they win the presidency, losing the popular vote means inevitably the will of the majority will prevail and they put the Democrats back in the House to restore this out of control train wreck.

Michael Moore implored his fellow Michiginians, ' I know you're angry, I know you want to send them a message, and that message is 'fcuk you' and you have righteous anger, and justifiable anger', or words to that effect, its a good film to watch. But he said 'realise what you're doing'. It will be like Brexit, then it was, oops, the young people who it will affect are the ones because of whom it got through, they didn't vote. Can we have a do over? Lol.

I still think it has a way to go yet but Muller's report, when it finally comes will be a tome worthy of it's historical importance. The bottom line is that Trump is a brazen liar and fraud, and in the end, the truth always endures, it's the nature of truth.

Edit: forgot </Rant>

Edit: having said all that, I should also say that I'm also reporting as a disinterested observer because I can see that this will lead to, has already led to, a swarm of newbies in the House and they aren't girl thingies either, meaning, they can play tough when they get in. I like the way that Pelosi has gotten her little striplings to recognise that they need some wise guidance before taking the reins, their time will come. If they win big in both houses with a mandate for change then they can follow Trump's lead with taking the law to the limit to undo the GOP damage.

Merrick Garland is who the people wanted, so forcing Kavanaugh after installing Gorsuch would seem to be job done, the Supreme Court is a big deal because it defies the will of he people for 30 maybe 40 years. That's an entire generation behind the people they represent. As far as I understand it, with full control of both houses it's perfectly legal and within the jurisdiction of the govt to increase the number of Supreme Court appointees to 13, I think the number is, not too sure on that. Bang, in one fell swoop they can rebalance the court with respectable and deserving justices, not young, therefore in for a long time, religious right. Ocasio-Cortez reminds me of Eva Peron for some reason I do not understand. I think she is going to be yuge, if  not by 2020  then certainly in the future.

« Last Edit: 02/16/19 at 01:36:51 by eau de sauvage »  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #14 - 02/17/19 at 05:19:37

Eegore,

I just found this piece that explains why I say the Supreme Court has not choice but to reject Trump. The thing is there's no 'maybe' about it, and *everyone* knows this. So why pretend.

His acknowledgement that his emergency is not “real,” and his openly political motivations, will make it harder for judges—and especially the Supreme Court justices whom he said during the press conference he hopes would rule his way—to uphold his order. This is so in part for doctrinal reasons: The president’s integrity and truthfulness, and the possibility that he is acting pretextually based on an illicit motive, will be front and center in this litigation. And it is so in part for what might be called political or atmospheric reasons. Courts don’t like to be seen as pawns asked to indulge obvious fictions in the exercise of executive power in controversial contexts. But that is the situation the courts are now in.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-and-isnt-big-deal-trumps-executive-actions-r...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 22:23:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump will tactically declare a national emergency

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.