Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trump will tactically declare a national emergency (Read 176 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trump will tactically declare a national emerg
Reply #15 - 02/17/19 at 12:42:20

Yeah I misinterpreted your original statement to mean every human (entirety) in America is considering the State of Emergency claim regarding Border Control as a serious claim of how the situation should be interpreted.

Thank you for clarifying.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #16 - 02/18/19 at 20:01:09

this sort of covers it a bit...

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a26361851/trump-national-emergency-pres...

It's time we all stopped pretending that the president is merely ignorant or rude or even crooked, and start to process the fact that he ain't all there. How much more will he be allowed to destroy as he thrashes about on the border between his long history of skirting the law and his growing romance with the phantasmagorical as the lights begin to dim in his creaky attic?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #17 - 02/19/19 at 02:06:34

Here's an interesting tidbit concerning 'walls work'...

That wasn’t the first time Trump hailed El Paso’s barrier as a solution to crime.

But the claim is not true.

To start, El Paso has not been considered one of the nation’s most dangerous cities. Its violent crime rate has been significantly below the national average compared to cities of similar size. Even more, the violent crime rate went up — not down, as Trump claimed — after the construction of a border fence in the region.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/feb/08/donald-trump/...

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #18 - 02/19/19 at 14:10:06

Now I discover that this whole emergency fiasco was caused by the Supreme Court itself...
https://www.lawfareblog.com/supreme-courts-contribution-confrontation-over-em...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 02/19/19 at 19:22:53

What do you mean by "this whole emergency fiasco was caused by the Supreme Court itself..." ?

Do you mean that Trump would not have declared an emergency is it weren't for the 1983 ruling?

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #20 - 02/19/19 at 22:49:47

@Eegore,

What do you mean by "this whole emergency fiasco was caused by the Supreme Court itself..." ?

Well that is fully explained in the lawfare link, have you read it all?

Do you mean that Trump would not have declared an emergency is it weren't for the 1983 ruling?

Again if you read the laware article you'll see that he would not have bothered because it would not have been possible.

Here's a sample from the link...

And why are the courts now going to have the final word in determining whether the president has properly invoked or abused the power the NEA gives him?

The answer to all these questions lies in a 1983 Supreme Court decision, INS v. Chadha. That decision, rightly or wrongly, decimated the policy scheme Congress had created for overseeing the president’s declaration of emergency powers—and nearly 200 other federal statutes in which Congress since the 1930s had created a similar scheme.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/supreme-courts-contribution-confrontation-over-em...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 02/20/19 at 03:49:06

"Again if you read the laware article you'll see that he would not have bothered because it would not have been possible."

I did read it in it's entirety, I also read this in it's entirety:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=2221871582286121199&q=INS+v.+Chadha
&hl=en&as_sdt=4006&as_vis=1

I was just clarifying what your opinion is versus the opinion in the article you referenced as it is not entirely uncommon for an article author to have an opinion that is different from those that read it.

I feel that most Presidential decisions are somehow influenced by prior Supreme Court decisions anymore, however I do not feel that the Supreme Court is responsible for future Presidential uses of law change.  Especially 36 years later.

I feel the cause of this fiasco is Trump, and a different President may not have invoked Emergency Powers thus avoiding the fiasco altogether, something the Supreme Court I feel should not be held exclusively accountable for.  If this was used for an actual emergency people would be glad the law was altered.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #22 - 02/20/19 at 11:28:28

a different President may not have invoked Emergency Powers

So Trump, Protecting the Citizens of this Country,
(according to the UL Snowflakes)
is a Bad thing.

Yet nary a word, about a past POTUS,
who put EVERY Other country,
in front of the Citizens of this one.
And bypasses, ’the people’, EVERY way he could.

“…In his six years in office, President Obama has declared nine emergencies, allowed one to expire and extended 22 emergencies enacted by his predecessors….”
(From a UL pet source)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/22/president-obama-state...

Mr. Obama will leave the White House as one of the most prolific authors of major regulations in presidential history.

Blocked for most of his presidency by Congress, Mr. Obama has sought to act however he could. In the process he created the kind of government neither he nor the Republicans wanted — one that depended on bureaucratic bulldozing rather than legislative transparency. But once Mr. Obama got the taste for it, he pursued his executive power without apology, and in ways that will shape the presidency for decades to come.

The Obama administration in its first seven years finalized 560 major regulations — those classified by the Congressional Budget Office as having particularly significant economic or social impacts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/us/politics/obama-era-legacy-regulation.html

CNN noted. For his part, Barack Obama declared 13 national emergencies, with many of them focused on international affairs and containing foreign conflicts, the outlet reported.

He vowed to pursue “audacious” executive action in his final term. And in his January 2014 State of the Union Address, President Obama promised to “wherever and whenever” possible “take steps without legislation.”

President Obama made good on these promises; his use of Executive Orders, Executive Agreements, Agency Guidance, and Agency Rulemaking unilaterally to change domestic policy is unparalleled in modern times. Indeed, according to “The New York Times,” President Obama’s two terms have been characterized by “bureaucratic bulldozing, rather than legislative transparency.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/311608-obamas-curta...

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 02/20/19 at 11:43:27

MnSpring wrote on 02/20/19 at 11:28:28:
So Trump, Protecting the Citizens of this Country,
(according to the UL Snowflakes)
is a Bad thing.

Am I reading this wrong, or are you calling yourself an Ultra Liberal Snowflake?... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #24 - 02/20/19 at 12:06:31

Serowbot wrote on 02/20/19 at 11:43:27:
Am I reading this wrong, or are you calling yourself an Ultra Liberal Snowflake?... Huh

Na.

But ask tt.
The tt will give you a lesson,
in how to understand something.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 02/20/19 at 14:24:47

MnSpring wrote on 02/20/19 at 12:06:31:
Serowbot wrote on 02/20/19 at 11:43:27:

Na.

But ask tt.
The tt will give you a lesson,
in how to understand something.

I only give lessons to those who need it.

I'm posting this to you mn.  You are in desperate need of education.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #26 - 02/21/19 at 22:32:52

MnSpring wrote on 02/20/19 at 11:28:28:
So Trump, Protecting the Citizens of this Country...is a Bad thing.

Not sure what you're talking about regarding 'protecting'. Yes that is supposed to be the presidents job mainly by upholding the rule of law. Which is kinda ironic because the problem is that Trump is circumventing the rule of law and the constitution but he knows this. It's just a sideshow from the Muller report which is heating up.

The rest of your post just repeats all the old tropes that ignore the fact that the problem here is that there is no emergency. Trump said so himself. He said so. READ MY LIPS, "he. said. so. himself."

@Eegore, I'll get back to your post

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 22:23:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump will tactically declare a national emergency

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.