Send Topic Print
Joeyt's Bike Build (Read 834 times)
joeyt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Joeyt's Bike Build
Reply #60 - 05/25/19 at 16:28:01

Another update. Dyna muffler's on, opened up the carb today. It looked fairly clean, but the main jet washer was missing.... Where might i find one in LA?

Installed Lancer's screw set, and rejetted based on Lancer's recommendations and other forum members experiences. 145 to 150 main, 2 washers on needle, and I replaced the mangled 52.5 with the prettier one from lancers kit(sorry Lance, I know you said 50!)
Also removed A/F plug and reinstalled carb with Ryca's flat filter.. I need filter oil.

Will be looking at ghetto rigging a plate along the bottom of frame to push battery mounting back between frame rails, and a small box to put electronics.. all in due time. Cant wait to get her fired up!!! 2pm rolled around and I went "Oh crap I gotta be other side of town in 10 minutes!  Shocked"

Also.. I'd like to swingarm mount a fender, but have no welding skills. Is there anyplace on the swingarm to drill and tap a couple holes for a bracket that won't compromise structural integrity? I saw it mentioned in an old thread somewhere, but couldn't find where or how or if it has actually been done before.

« Last Edit: 05/25/19 at 17:53:47 by joeyt »  
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #61 - 05/25/19 at 18:01:16

The passenger footpeg holes look like they might work for attaching a fender without cutting and welding.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
joeyt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 05/31/19 at 12:14:12

I'll have to try that! Good idea!

Any if the long timers happen to have any closer pictures or a build log of DiamondJim's old bike? I'm interested in the plate he did to hide the framework. If he had mentioned dimensions to anybody or thickness of material used it would be a great starting point. I couldn't find anything except for a picture of the bike on another forum.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 02:32:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Joeyt's Bike Build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.