PIG TRAIL ? (Read 77 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
PIG TRAIL ?
01/16/19 at 09:16:12

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/augments/articles/2018-best-motorcycle-roads-s...

Hay anybody rode this "Pig Trail" ?

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/20/Arkansas/Arkansas-Pig-Trail---Arkansas-2...

I hope to get a whole hand full of rides in before cold weather sets in next time

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: PIG TRAIL ?
Reply #1 - 01/16/19 at 09:59:38

Has the winter weather got you glued to your new computer MM?

I have heard very good things about the scenery in that part of Arkansas.

I am hoping we can go explore some of these places this year.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 01/16/19 at 13:06:56

That would be a nice ride.
Recon they have motorcycle motels ?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 01/16/19 at 16:11:15

Did somebody ask about camping/cabins ?

https://maps.roadtrippers.com/?lng=-93.87566285574962&lat=35.66317331312871&z=11

one of them should have something we can use !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
ArkansasBrian

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Little Rock, AR
Reply #4 - 01/16/19 at 17:35:02

I can attest to both the beauty and the curviness of this road. Haven't hit it up on my bike yet. It's a bit far for a solo day trip and I haven't even been riding a year yet.

Camping and cabin rental opportunities are definitely available. Hotels may be too, but I haven't really looked for them. Quality hiking, fishing and floating on the Mulberry if anyone wants to get out of the saddle for a few hours. If scheduling works out and y'all don't mind a slow newbie bringing up the rear, I'd be delighted to join in!

Still looking...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 01/16/19 at 21:07:02

If the wife goes then I have to motel it.   But I'd rather bring a tent for my part.   Finding a week long dry spell is the hard part.  

Brian , a lot of the guys here still do the 9 to 5 thing.    There are a few of us that can go for a ride durning the middle of the week , or most any time.

So , you live in the area , how long before the night time temperatures stays above 60 regularly ?

ArkansasBrian

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Little Rock, AR
Reply #6 - 01/17/19 at 05:12:42

A week long dry spell is a hard find in these parts until July most years. It will be May or June before you can get reliable nighttime temps over 60, but by mid-june it frequently stays kinda hot for sleeping outside IMHO. But then I like it a bit on the cold side and have a pretty low temp sleeping bag.

I also am a 9-5er, or more accurately a 7:30-4er. Outside of going back and forth to work I can usually only squeeze in the occasional 1-2 hour ride on the weekends. Speaking of 7:30-4, I gotta get going!

Still looking...
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 01/17/19 at 11:19:30

Count me in. This is one I have mentioned in the past. Arkansas is supposed to have great motorcycle roads. And by the way, I would love the company of a slow newbie. I have not been riding that long, and already I am slowing down. It is always great to meet another Savage rider. Look forward to meeting you ArkansaBrian.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 01/17/19 at 13:11:37

Yea Bryan , what Springman said *2 ,   its always nice to have a new Savage join in a ride !  Smiley

Since you live in the area , then maybe you could join us at a campground and keep us from being so lost and wondering about missing all the really cool stuff in the area ?    Huh

About ridding pokey ,  I've rode with OldFeller and also with the CMAUSA group .    Roll Eyes      (both end of the spectrum)

I prefer "Sanity" in the twisties and keeping all my body parts attached the way our Good Lord originally arranged them.    That's NOT to say that  I can't enjoy a nice  "High Sprited Ride"  !  Wink    Sight Seeing is good too !

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 03:52:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › PIG TRAIL ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.