Send Topic Print
The Kitchen Sink chop (Read 40 times)
Dadyo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Kitchen Sink chop
01/12/19 at 07:30:09

The story; My bike is a 96 model and it was stock and hadn't been serviced since new when I got it almost 3 years ago. It had about 23000 miles when I got it. It cost me all of $600. It was in good shape for a ten year old bike with no maintenance. I put a new battery, drag bars and a good used tire on it. Oh yeah, a new air filter too. I ride pretty hard so I was pleasantly surprised 2 years later when it was still running I mean turn the key hit the go button and go anywhere anytime. Plus it's a blast to ride as long as you don't want to do 100+.
I started my build a couple of months ago so if I miss anything or get a little out of order I apologise now. My short term memory is not what it once was! Lol
#1 cleaned out the basement ( cob webs and what not).#2 built a free work bench.#3 put some tools together.#4 tear down ,tag and unhook wiring harness, labeled and removed electrical components. Disconnected cables and brakes. Pulled the exaust then the motor. I couldn't get the rolling chassis down the stairs to the basement so the rear wheel and front end had to go too. After 4 trips and 3 new knots on the head later, tear down was done. Thats it for now I have to put a mini bike back together, my daughter and her bff are gonna help. She is 10 and this is her first bike, wish me luck! lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 15:24:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Kitchen Sink chop

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.