Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
I can't find my shocked face (Read 596 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I can't find my shocked face
Reply #75 - 01/15/19 at 03:42:53

Eegore, read link below for your review and comments.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-in-border-fi...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #76 - 01/15/19 at 12:20:52

Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens).

Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.

Walls and fences will undoubtedly result in an increase in fraudulent documents and smuggling through the Ports of Entry.

Walls and fences do not solve the issue of people entering the country legally and staying beyond the date they are required to leave the country, a problem which will undoubtedly increase as more walls and fences are constructed.

Walls and fences require just as much manpower to protect them. Border Patrol Agents witness what happens to walls and fences when there are not enough Border Patrol agents to protect them.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 01/15/19 at 13:32:52

"Eegore, read link below for your review and comments.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-in-border-fi...  "

"On the other hand, a physical barrier would be a big obstacle and, if placed in key areas of the border, would likely reduce illegal crossings significantly."

In key areas of the border.  Just like your airport analogy, I believe large open spaces should use fences, airports are large open spaces.  There isn't a continuous large barrier around "Cheyenne Mountain" where NORAD was housed for decades because fences on mountains don't work in accordance to cost.  But as you stated cost is no issue so they should have spent billions fencing NORAD also.

The people commenting in the article have not worked in border control, but they know a better way than the people who do the job now.  Convenient that border control access is the only job in the world where people who have never been there can do a better job than those that have.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #78 - 01/15/19 at 13:41:14

AZ landowner John Ladd, whose family has had property along rhe border for 122 years has said he supports Trump's idea for a wall, in certain places, but he also knows it won't be sufficient on its own in protecting his property.

"He said he has frequently endured drug smugglers breaching the existing 18-foot steel fence on his land by using power tools, or even ramming their vehicles through. He has also been frustrated by migrants and Border Patrol agents alike, who he says saunter through his land at will."

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/040418_ranchers_border/time-we-get...

Wrong!  People that have never been there know better, build a wall.

"One such group is the Texas Border Volunteers, who began in 2006 as an offshoot of the then-popular Minutemen patrol groups.

TBV spokesman Jim Gibson told Business Insider that the group has observed a massive downturn in border-crossing traffic in recent years. They attribute the change less to Trump's tough-talk on border security, and more to the enhanced technology that Border Patrol agents and state authorities now use.

For TBV, which patrols private lands some 70 miles inland near Falfurrias, the heightened technology means that Border Patrol is "responding quicker" to migrant traffic, which "never gets a chance to make it [to] where we're at."

Gibson said the technology, combined with increased manpower of the Border Patrol and National Guard troops, will ultimately make more of a difference in securing the border than any physical wall could.

"This is my view: The physical barrier is only one aspect of what's going to be required to fix the problem," Gibson said. "Until our legislatures start to deal with issues like employment, social services, birthright citizenship, and all the other magnets that attract people here in the first place, they'll find a way to get here."

He continued: "Let's be realistic. Some people envision this wall as a solid barrier that runs from one end of the border to the other. That's never going to happen."

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mexico-border-wall-photos-maps-2018-5#some...

Wrong!  People who have never actively patrolled for illegal immigrants know better than those who do.  Build a wall.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 01/15/19 at 16:49:04

Eegore wrote on 01/15/19 at 13:41:14:
 AZ landowner John Ladd, whose family has had property along rhe border for 122 years has said he supports Trump's idea for a wall, in certain places, but he also knows it won't be sufficient on its own in protecting his property.

"He said he has frequently endured drug smugglers breaching the existing 18-foot steel fence on his land by using power tools, or even ramming their vehicles through. He has also been frustrated by migrants and Border Patrol agents alike, who he says saunter through his land at will."

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/040418_ranchers_border/time-we-get...

Wrong!  People that have never been there know better, build a wall.

"One such group is the Texas Border Volunteers, who began in 2006 as an offshoot of the then-popular Minutemen patrol groups.

TBV spokesman Jim Gibson told Business Insider that the group has observed a massive downturn in border-crossing traffic in recent years. They attribute the change less to Trump's tough-talk on border security, and more to the enhanced technology that Border Patrol agents and state authorities now use.

For TBV, which patrols private lands some 70 miles inland near Falfurrias, the heightened technology means that Border Patrol is "responding quicker" to migrant traffic, which "never gets a chance to make it [to] where we're at."

Gibson said the technology, combined with increased manpower of the Border Patrol and National Guard troops, will ultimately make more of a difference in securing the border than any physical wall could.

"This is my view: The physical barrier is only one aspect of what's going to be required to fix the problem," Gibson said. "Until our legislatures start to deal with issues like employment, social services, birthright citizenship, and all the other magnets that attract people here in the first place, they'll find a way to get here."

He continued: "Let's be realistic. Some people envision this wall as a solid barrier that runs from one end of the border to the other. That's never going to happen."

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mexico-border-wall-photos-maps-2018-5#some...

Wrong!  People who have never actively patrolled for illegal immigrants know better than those who do.  Build a wall.

why?   why are you trying to keep people from the American dream? they do TONS better at it than American citizens

you're scared, that's why.  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 01/15/19 at 19:17:34

why?   why are you trying to keep people from the American dream? they do TONS better at it than American citizens

you're scared, that's why.

I'm not trying to keep people from the American Dream, I would however like the proper legal procedures to take place.

Are you saying that the following is ok?:

"breaching the existing 18-foot steel fence on his land by using power tools, or even ramming their vehicles through"

If so why is that?  Why is illegally crossing the US border by means of destructive force reasonable, and why is it indicative of fear that one would like non-destructive, legal measures to be more efficiently utilized?

Why should that private legal American citizen have his land destroyed so people can achieve the American Dream?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #81 - 01/16/19 at 04:37:11

Why should that private legal American citizen have his land destroyed so people can achieve the American Dream?

Because they will vote in high numbers for Democratic candidates. That's the only reason. Nothing else is true.

If a caravan coming up through Central America were wearing MAGA hats and carrying Trump signs, Sew, TT, Lost would be asking for $100 billion to stop them. They'd dig out the Rio Grande to 500 yards wide and add guards armed with machine guns on the 100' tall Great Wall of Southeast they'd build.

Lost says he wants the American Dream for all but if 10,000 destitute immigrants showed up and basically took over the area he lives in and we're campaigning for a Trump second term, he crap his little britches.

This is only about votes to lefties. But you'll regret what you gave up to win a battle against Trump.

Ask the average citizen of Sweden or Germany if allowing millions into their country just to give the impression they are compassionate, was worth it. I have. We have a few Swedes here this week and they are not happy. I have two German colleagues I'm working with on a project and over a few beers, they'll tell you the truth.

You people are fools.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #82 - 01/16/19 at 06:45:13

WebsterMark wrote on 01/16/19 at 04:37:11:
Because they will vote in high numbers for Democratic candidates. That's the only reason. Nothing else is true.

Trump ran from day one on a wall and fearmongering,... and you think Dem's are politicising the issue?...
Dem's ran on healthcare...

The BS is on your side

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 01/16/19 at 08:02:17

If they carried Trump signs, you show up on the border with bricks and mortar....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #84 - 01/16/19 at 08:40:01

We're growing plenty enough Liberals domestically...
Trumpettes are a dying breed..

Get used to it

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 01/16/19 at 10:12:13

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #86 - 01/16/19 at 11:06:17

"If they carried Trump signs, you show up on the border with bricks and mortar.... "

I could care less who it is, I am concern my self only with what is getting done.  A full-length physical wall isn't cost effective, never has been.  The rancher cited is pro-Trump, still doesn't think a full-length wall will work on his land.  He's wrong, people who never been there know better.

Put a wall where it belongs, let the private property owners have input, let the National Guard have input, let people doing the job have input and let the people who have never ever been there have input, but do not discard the current working methods for one that only people who have never done any border enforcement think will work.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #87 - 01/17/19 at 04:59:38

Serowbot wrote on 01/16/19 at 08:40:01:
We're growing plenty enough Liberals domestically...
Trumpettes are a dying breed..

Get used to it

As I've said many times before, I'm fully aware I'm on the losing side. Trump's 4 or 8 years in office are at best a temporary stay of execution. You will succeed in destroying the greatest nation this planet has seen. Not sure who or what will fill the vacuum.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 01/17/19 at 05:24:58

As I've said many times before, I'm fully aware I'm on the losing side. Trump's 4 or 8 years in office are at best a temporary stay of execution. You will succeed in destroying the greatest nation this planet has seen. Not sure who or what will fill the vacuum. [/quote]

UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS VERY TRUE! PROGGRESSIVISM DESTROYS EVERYTHING IN IT'S PATH.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #89 - 01/17/19 at 06:23:37

MShipley wrote on 01/17/19 at 05:24:58:
As I've said many times before, I'm fully aware I'm on the losing side. Trump's 4 or 8 years in office are at best a temporary stay of execution. You will succeed in destroying the greatest nation this planet has seen. Not sure who or what will fill the vacuum.

UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS VERY TRUE! PROGGRESSIVISM DESTROYS EVERYTHING IN IT'S PATH.
[/quote]

LOL - "destroy" it how?  And to what end?  Why would we want to destroy it?  We all live in this country. Progressivism is what made this country great.  Lincoln was a progressive of his time.  Eisenhower was too.

The word progressive is derived from progress.  How can anyone not want progress?

Get over yourselves, maybe your way of life is dying, but there's a reason that AOC and her fellow freshmen are so popular.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 02:03:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I can't find my shocked face

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.