Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
I can't find my shocked face (Read 596 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I can't find my shocked face
Reply #45 - 01/11/19 at 06:00:08

"So lets be honest and stop pretending facts are what's driving us because none of us live on the border. Why are you so adamantly against a wall? And don't tell me its money or because you believe drones will do a better job."

Why are we not allowed in your assessment to state we believe that DHS can utilize modern, proven technology that is in use today, successfully, by other organizations such as the US Navy?  

How is it that other locations can be secured, and are actively secured by modern tech but this one circumstance requires a physical wall?

Also why is cost not to be considered?  Do you truly believe an infinite amount of money should be spent on a physical barrier?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 01/11/19 at 07:14:53

I'm a little surprise Eegore at your lack of perspective.

Sneaking on a military base or your other example isn't comparable. If you snuck on a base, you have no place to 'disappear'. There's no infrastructure in place that gives you opportunities to hide in plain sight like an illegal alien hiding in San Diego. The footprint of a military base is tiny compared to the border and the number of available methods to respond to invaders is many times greater than that of the border patrol on the southern border. There is no comparison to any electronic methods currently being used and the border. Build a wall, use electronic techniques together. The wall forces methods to get across or under that take time and limit the numbers. Easier to spot and capture.

Secondly, regarding money, no it's not an issue. The federal budget is 4.4 trillion dollars I think. Do the math what that works out to per day, per minute. 5 billion is a rounding error. No one really cared about the cost/benefit of the billions spent on Obamacare when everyone knew ahead of time it was going to fall woefully short of its goals.

5 billion, hell, 50 billion is meaningless.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 01/11/19 at 07:58:05

WebsterMark wrote on 01/11/19 at 07:14:53:
I'm a little surprise Eegore at your lack of perspective.

LOL - pot, meet kettle.

Eegore actually has perspective.  You and your cronies are stuck on a wall.

Sneaking on a military base or your other example isn't comparable. If you snuck on a base, you have no place to 'disappear'.

Again, you're the one with lack of perspective.  It's not about the hiding, it's about the breach.  Seriously, how do you not see that?

There's no infrastructure in place that gives you opportunities to hide in plain sight like an illegal alien hiding in San Diego. The footprint of a military base is tiny compared to the border and the number of available methods to respond to invaders is many times greater than that of the border patrol on the southern border. There is no comparison to any electronic methods currently being used and the border. Build a wall, use electronic techniques together. The wall forces methods to get across or under that take time and limit the numbers. Easier to spot and capture.

Secondly, regarding money, no it's not an issue. The federal budget is 4.4 trillion dollars I think. Do the math what that works out to per day, per minute. 5 billion is a rounding error. No one really cared about the cost/benefit of the billions spent on Obamacare when everyone knew ahead of time it was going to fall woefully short of its goals.

5 billion, hell, 50 billion is meaningless.

I love it when repubs talk about how "deficits don't matter"... except when democrats make the spend.

So much hypocrisy.

None of you has brought up how much the deficit has grown under trump.

How about that?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 01/11/19 at 08:07:51

Eegore wrote on 01/10/19 at 16:08:17:
"but mainly only if you emphasize the cost of education"

I disagree.  Medical care is considerably more expensive than education.  A single ED visit can run into the tens of thousands, inpatient hospital stays even more, and pregnancy care even more, all of which are guaranteed services no matter your citizenship.

Less than six percent of immigrant medical care is repaid by taxable immigrant work, and the level of repayment by illegal immigrants is so low it's not even measurable by standard means.

dude, I'm just stating what I've read tells me. the education for immigrant children cost more. so you can disagree or not, but show me your sources, your opinion doesn't count

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 01/11/19 at 08:16:50

[quote author=053730212637201F332039520 link=1546780757/30#44 date=1547214137]You put up "your facts" and I'll put up "my facts".

The reality is, as every good sales guy knows, we all make emotional decisions and justify them afterwards with selected "facts". And that is a fact.

let's start and END here.  so, what emotion is driving you to build the wall??  could it FEAR!!?????   I bet it is. isn't it? the FACT that you can't admit that makes you a shallow worthless human being.  

the emotion that makes me NOT want a wall is called "empathy" yeah yeah I know you've never heard of that before so here's the definition:

em·pa·thy
/ˈempəTHē/Submit
noun
the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

and these people feel that they can have a safer, better living here, and in the fairness of ALL MEN CREATED EQUAL, I say, let's give them that shot.  make them all legal and give them tax ID numbers and then increase the security at the legal entry ports to search for drugs.  

it it LITERALLY anti-American to do anything else.  the British, French, Dutch, Germans, Spanish, etc...  didn't get legal permission from  the Native Americans to come here, but we all dare ask it from these people, fleeing and seeking to come here for EXACT same reasons our ancestors came here???   spare me your BS, YOUR SCARED, you're buying the lies and the fear.   You're worthless, get the behind me SATAN.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 01/11/19 at 08:34:08

the FACT that you can't admit that makes you a shallow worthless human being.
That seems unnecessarily harsh...  

and these people feel that they can have a safer, better living here, and in the fairness of ALL MEN CREATED EQUAL, I say, let's give them that shot.

Okay, give up your home. Have your children give up theirs. You've lived a good, long prosperous life in the US, let someone else have a chance. Turn over your property to an illegal. You're part of this system that stole everything from everyone else.

Or, let's try it your way. Mexico has 120 million, Brazil about 200 with a couple hundred million spread out between them. The standard of living is pretty pathetic for many, not all, of those so give me a number you're comfortable with giving  shot, making them legal, give them tax ID #'s. What's your number and why?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 01/11/19 at 09:43:42

"Sneaking on a military base or your other example isn't comparable. If you snuck on a base, you have no place to 'disappear'. "

So you are saying that using methods that identify a person prior to entering a secure area isn't comparable access control?  The successful programs aren't ones going around finding people, planes, boats that sneak into secure areas, they are stopping them before they even get close to the borderline in 3 dimensional space above, on, and below water.  From a square footage to manpower perspective CBP has more manpower per square foot than any of the armed services.

A wall built at near three times the cost in mountainous terrain where a response time of hours from CBP, is not going to provide substantial delay.  Are you really unaware of how fast an unmanned wall can be breached by a group of humans?  But since cost isn't an issue just spend the money even if the wall in that specific geographical location isn't delaying anything.

"The wall forces methods to get across or under that take time and limit the numbers. Easier to spot and capture."

Again this assessment does not correlate with people who do the job now.  CBP, AZ National Guard, US Navy, ICE, DHS, are all wrong, people who do not do the job and never have can explain how a wall will work in every single geographical location along the border in one simple sentence.

How could all those professionals be so blind about how easy a fix it is, and not realize that people who have never been in the environment are just better at solving the problem?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 01/11/19 at 09:56:48

WebsterMark wrote on 01/11/19 at 08:34:08:
the FACT that you can't admit that makes you a shallow worthless human being.
That seems unnecessarily harsh...  

Kiss

and these people feel that they can have a safer, better living here, and in the fairness of ALL MEN CREATED EQUAL, I say, let's give them that shot.

Okay, give up your home. Have your children give up theirs. You've lived a good, long prosperous life in the US, let someone else have a chance. Turn over your property to an illegal. You're part of this system that stole everything from everyone else.

Or, let's try it your way. Mexico has 120 million, Brazil about 200 with a couple hundred million spread out between them. The standard of living is pretty pathetic for many, not all, of those so give me a number you're comfortable with giving  shot, making them legal, give them tax ID #'s. What's your number and why?

as republicans say again and again and again, IT'S NOT A ZERO SUM GAME!!   immigrants help grow the economy, they help us innovate, they, themselves innovate.  are you afraid of a little competition?

oh, and most people south of the border aren't immigrating here, aka NOT AN INVASION, they'll buy their own homes, spurring our economy.  and if they have Tax number, they'll help pay for themselves!  And heck, once they make some money here, they might go back home again to help their home country...  

but if you want to keep separating families and letting children die....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 01/11/19 at 10:00:35

You plan pn flying drones over Mexican airspace and then deploying agents to meet the illegals where they cross?

From a square footage to manpower perspective CBP has more manpower per square foot than any of the armed services.

If that's true, why do we have a problem now? I saw a reporter yester walk back and forth across the border. No one around for miles. They showed dozens and dozens of campsite illegals use while crossing. Why weren't they stopped?

But I'm outta here for a while. On my way to an airport.....which is surrounded by fencing and monitored by cameras. You'd have to cut the fence or tunnel under to get in. You'd get caught because the fence slowed you down. With no fence, dozens of you cross at various points....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 01/11/19 at 10:04:58

"But I'm outta here for a while. On my way to an airport.....which is surrounded by fencing and monitored by cameras. You'd have to cut the fence or tunnel under to get in. You'd get caught because the fence slowed you down. With no fence, dozens of you cross at various points.... "

The airport isn't built on mountains and rivers, it is a large flat open area, where fences belong.  The border isn't a large flat area, again a fence belongs in specific geographical areas.  

"If that's true, why do we have a problem now? I saw a reporter yester walk back and forth across the border. No one around for miles. They showed dozens and dozens of campsite illegals use while crossing. Why weren't they stopped?"

Because they don't have the appropriate tools, in the appropriate geographical locations to monitor and respond to those areas.  If only 5billion could be spent on that.  The small area where the reporter was could probably use a fence.  Lets see her go into the mountains and find the same amount of immigrant traffic easily crossing.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 01/11/19 at 12:35:09

As you know I do not post and participate in this lunacy much anymore but I have to give my opinion here. For three DECADES both the Dems and the Rep have been talking about securing our Southern border. They actually passed a Bipartisan bill that said the wall MUST BE BUILT. Did they do it? NO. OBAMA, Hilary, Shumer, Pelosi and Trump have all called for the building of a barrier over the last DECADES.

Do they hate brown people? NO
Do they want to stop immigration? NO
Are they racist and hateful? NO

They all understand one thing. There has to be CONTROL. For Pete's sake we all have EMPATHY! We all understand that allowing workers into the country is good for the US. But we have LOST CONTROL.

Why is Trump so adamant about this? Because HE understands that if we go back to DEBATING the issue it will be more DECADES until anything is done. Is the wall a fix? NO, not unto itself, but the first thing you do to control a situation at home is shut the door. I don't care what kind of wall they build, I don't care how they fix it, that is their job. But I do want them to fix it. NOT DEBATE IT. FIX IT. DO SOMETHING. EVEN IF IT FAILS AND WE HAVE TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE. DO SOMETHING BESIDES berate each other and DEBATE FOR ANOTHER 30 years.

For those that want to discuss empathy have you ever thought that if they could not get here they would not come! They take the risk of dying, rape, children lost, all of the horrors you hear of not because we don't let them in but because they know we will. If you shut it down and they know that then they will not take that risk.

This Forum is the perfect example of what is wrong with this country. Instead of pointing fingers, berating and telling everyone why you can't do anything.  Why don't we focus on what WE CAN do and then DO SOMETHING. ANYTHING. If it doesn't work out we punt and try again. People are dying out there and all you guys care about is who's fault it is and finding absolution for yourselves.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 01/11/19 at 13:02:47

MShipley wrote on 01/11/19 at 12:35:09:
As you know I do not post and participate in this lunacy much anymore but I have to give my opinion here. For three DECADES both the Dems and the Rep have been talking about securing our Southern border. They actually passed a Bipartisan bill that said the wall MUST BE BUILT. Did they do it? NO. OBAMA, Hilary, Shumer, Pelosi and Trump have all called for the building of a barrier over the last DECADES.

You forgot that the Secure Fence Act of 2006 was signed by GWB and passed by a republican Congress.  Yes, they all agreed to it, but it was only about 700 miles of fence - not 1000 miles of concrete.

Let's keep it real.

Do they hate brown people? NO
Do they want to stop immigration? NO
Are they racist and hateful? NO

They all understand one thing. There has to be CONTROL. For Pete's sake we all have EMPATHY! We all understand that allowing workers into the country is good for the US. But we have LOST CONTROL.

Why is Trump so adamant about this? Because HE understands that if we go back to DEBATING the issue it will be more DECADES until anything is done. Is the wall a fix? NO, not unto itself, but the first thing you do to control a situation at home is shut the door. I don't care what kind of wall they build, I don't care how they fix it, that is their job. But I do want them to fix it. NOT DEBATE IT. FIX IT. DO SOMETHING. EVEN IF IT FAILS AND WE HAVE TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE. DO SOMETHING BESIDES berate each other and DEBATE FOR ANOTHER 30 years.

For those that want to discuss empathy have you ever thought that if they could not get here they would not come! They take the risk of dying, rape, children lost, all of the horrors you hear of not because we don't let them in but because they know we will. If you shut it down and they know that then they will not take that risk.

This Forum is the perfect example of what is wrong with this country. Instead of pointing fingers, berating and telling everyone why you can't do anything.  Why don't we focus on what WE CAN do and then DO SOMETHING. ANYTHING. If it doesn't work out we punt and try again. People are dying out there and all you guys care about is who's fault it is and finding absolution for yourselves.

You must not have read any of Eegore's posts m.

No one is saying we should do nothing.  We all agree that something has to be done.  But to think a $5 Billion wall is going to fix the problem is just plain stupid.

That $5 Billion could do so much more than build a wall.  It could provide more agents, more/updated surveillance, better training, etc.

But the point that I think is being made more than any other is how trump lied and the general hypocrisy of this entire administration.

C'mon - how can you not see this?  The bulk of his campaign was based on building this wall and having Mexico pay (pretty much verbatim from his mouth).  Now all of a sudden, he's changing his tune.  If he's such a master negotiator, then why can't he get Mexico to pay? (that's kind of rhetorical)

Further, why is this just now a crisis?  He's had two years of republican majority to push this through.  Obama got the ACA done - and that was 10 time tougher, but he did it.

Where's the urgency we had right before the midterms?  What happened to the "terrible caravan"?  It's all bloated rhetoric and America is sick of it.  Anyone in their right mind can see that there is no "National Emergency".  This is simply an ego stroke to trump and let's face it, yet another distraction on what's really going on in the investigation against him.

Rest assured, there is something we can do.  This country doesn't need trump to secure our borders.  We have all the resources we need at our disposal.  We need the likes of trump to get out of the way in order to deploy them efficiently.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #57 - 01/11/19 at 13:10:41

Why is Trump so adamant about this?

Trump has pounded the wall message since day one of his candidacy because it polled well with Republican focus groups.
Why is this "crisis" happening 2 years into his term, after losing control of the house?...

Do you have any crisis that you wait 2 years to do anything about?.
If you do,... is it really a crisis?...

Trump's crisis is Russia... the wall is a rallying cry to hold on to the base as the facts of Trump's Russian collusion come to light.
The wall is chum for a shark feeding frenzy.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #58 - 01/11/19 at 13:27:01

Are you so afraid of giving trump a victory that you'll hold the gub's in shutdown as hostage.
We already know trump doesn't give a sh!t how long it's locked up.

And BTW, even if trump veto's the bill, congress can over ride the veto if they get both houses to vote for it.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 01/11/19 at 13:36:15

Serowbot wrote on 01/11/19 at 13:10:41:
Why is Trump so adamant about this?

Trump has pounded the wall message since day one of his candidacy because it polled well with Republican focus groups.
Why is this "crisis" happening 2 years into his term, after losing control of the house?...

Do you have any crisis that you wait 2 years to do anything about?.
If you do,... is it really a crisis?...

Trump's crisis is Russia... the wall is a rallying cry to hold on to the base as the facts of Trump's Russian collusion come to light.
The wall is chum for a shark feeding frenzy.

*taps mic*....

Is this thing on?

Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 18:44:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I can't find my shocked face

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!