Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
I can't find my shocked face (Read 596 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I can't find my shocked face
Reply #15 - 01/07/19 at 11:36:10

"Don't you think it's easier to catch  a couple of trucks lined up than 100 miles of an open desert at night?"

Yes, I also think its easier to use geo-sensor and drones to see them before they ever get close, in specific geographical locations.

"Money is not a factor. How much does illegal immigration cost the states/nation?"

A lot.  My concern is spending 3 times the average cost in areas where the result will not be beneficial.  Specific geographical locations already are natural barriers, but for some reason we need to employ very costly measures to place concrete or other physical barriers where much more advanced features would do a better job.

But again, cost is no issue so my argument is not valid to our discussion as I want to save money by only building where its most effective.

"I can break into ypur house or car if I really want to, but you still employ basic security measures."

I've already addressed this.  I do not add more fencing because its cheaper and more effective to install motion activated cameras that shoot footage straight to my phone than it is to install more fencing on my property.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/07/19 at 12:26:47

advanced features would do a better job   With the stroke of a pen, those advanced features can be turned off.

As I said elsewhere, a new local prosecutor unilaterally decreed prosecution for possession up to 100 grams of weed will no longer be pursued. For all practical purposes, weed is legal in St Louis County based on one man's decision. In the same manner, a new administration/congress simply ceases attention to border security.

We need something different. What we're doing is not working.

I guess we'll move on from this topic as we clearly see things night and day apart.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 01/07/19 at 12:32:27

"With the stroke of a pen, those advanced features can be turned off"

So what is the difference between personnel using an advanced feature and personnel monitoring the wall?

Your examples of a useable wall include personnel, like catching trucks passing goods over a wall.  A new administration cant shut a wall off, but they can let ladders and tunnels circumvent it.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/07/19 at 12:33:05

immigration is an overall gain to our economy, illegal or not.  

open the fuc king borders already, give them all Tax ID Numbers and be done with it already

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/07/19 at 14:29:06

How do you figure that?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 01/07/19 at 14:31:02

Your examples of a useable wall include personnel, like catching trucks passing goods over a wall.  A new administration cant shut a wall off, but they can let ladders and tunnels circumvent it.

Because its something. Like your door locks, it slows down the casual thief.

We've got to do something different. At least we can agree on that, right?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 01/07/19 at 14:39:05

"We've got to do something different. At least we can agree on that, right?"

Yes we do agree on that for sure.  

We just disagree on value per dollar.

And for what its worth, we disagree without being childish about it.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 01/07/19 at 14:42:30

"immigration is an overall gain to our economy, illegal or not. "

I'm not sure on this but I think it may be connected to agriculture to a degree.  For instance very few American citizens will do agriculture labor for the same price they will do fast-food or even construction.

Also available volume of labor pool comes into effect, and without migratory worker loads a number of agriculture producers would seize to be competitive.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 01/07/19 at 14:56:41

LostArtist wrote on 01/07/19 at 12:33:05:

open the fuc king borders already, give them all Tax ID Numbers and be done with it already

Yes, make it easier for them to come in with work visa's.
put up a wall to prevent smuggling, and other criminals from coming in.

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 01/07/19 at 15:57:13

WebsterMark wrote on 01/07/19 at 14:29:06:

How do you figure that?

I listen

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/making-sense/4-myths-about-how-immigrant...

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-23/study-examines-immigrations-e...

https://www.thebalance.com/how-immigration-impacts-the-economy-4125413

https://www.allsides.com/news/2018-07-20-1313/illegal-immigration-economic-bu...

https://cis.org/Testimony/Fiscal-and-Economic-Impact-Immigration-United-States

so, some of those are split decisions where, yes there are positives and negatives to the economy from immigration, but they aren't any more of a criminal threat than the native population, yes there's lots of examples of this one here, and that one there, but have you read the daily crime report in your local paper from your neighbors???  guess what....  quit believing the fear, no the world's not all puppies and marshmellows, but you can't live in fear.

and hey, here's a thing, if you make it easy and legal to come here to work legally, then only the criminals will be sneaking across the border so it's much easier to catch and deport those automatically.  heck, if it gets crazy insane, then maybe even build a wall after you make it legal, that way you can actually control the borders without punishing those just crossing for work.  

but THERE IS NO INVASION!!!!!!!!!!!!!  get over it

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 01/07/19 at 16:00:30

WebsterMark wrote on 01/07/19 at 14:31:02:

Because its something. Like your door locks, it slows down the casual thief.

We've got to do something different. At least we can agree on that, right?

how are the families and children being detained and dying a threat?  get over it. immigration is down, the best way to keep it down is to get the economies of where they are coming from UP.    the criminal demand is HERE, those criminals wouldn't come here if we weren't buying. that's what's instigating the crime you're so afraid of, US!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 01/08/19 at 11:30:12

Lost, if you leave you car door open and someone steals something from inside, do you blame yourself?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 01/08/19 at 13:32:12

Oh, this little "Oval office chat" with the idiot in chief tonight is gonna be fun!

Mike Pence Struggles To Defend Trump’s Lie That Past Presidents Support His Border Wall

All four living former presidents have denied that they ever spoke to Trump about the wall or have made it clear they do not support it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-trump-border-wall-lie_us_5c349...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 01/08/19 at 15:17:00

WebsterMark wrote on 01/08/19 at 11:30:12:
Lost, if you leave you car door open and someone steals something from inside, do you blame yourself?

why?  what does that have to do with anything?  are you equating ALL undocumented immigrants to criminals?  

when your kid does something stupid do you blame yourself?

oh, and technically, you can only blame the thief, cause there's nothing wrong with not locking your doors, locking and not locking your doors isn't a moral behavior to be judged.  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #29 - 01/08/19 at 17:38:12

WebsterMark wrote on 01/07/19 at 11:00:51:
snip...How much does illegal immigration cost the states/nation?

If we did a proper case study of say a random group of 1000 from the 800000 DACA's, and projected their lifetime relevant actuarial data to see what the 'cost' to the US would be I'm certain you'd find a significant net gain that would continue to increase logarithmically down the generations.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 00:09:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I can't find my shocked face

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.