Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
I can't find my shocked face (Read 596 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I can't find my shocked face
01/06/19 at 05:19:17

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: I can't find my shocked face
Reply #1 - 01/06/19 at 06:12:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/06/19 at 05:19:17:

Is this part of why you need a, 'Shocked' face ?

"...However, during the Obama administration, Operation Streamline was curtailed and the 100 percent prosecution policy was halted.

“When they did away with that, they [started] coming again, and the numbers that are coming through Yuma are way back up..."

I just cut a  little piece, so those that are to LAZY to, 'Look it up' for themselves, can just read it.
(Or, have it read to them)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/06/19 at 06:14:47

Long time Trump supporter and Mayor of Laredo states physical wall is not needed where he is, but maybe in other places.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/04/682157001/we-dont-need-a-physical-wall-loredo-...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/06/19 at 06:16:51

"I just cut a  little piece, so those that are to LAZY to, 'Look it up' for themselves, can just read it.
(Or, have it read to them)"

Looks like a lot of people are going to have things read to them:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/04/more-than-100-million-alexa-devices-have-been-
sold/

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/19/google-home-mini-was-the-best-selling-smart-sp
eaker-in-q2/

You guys remind me of how Rock and Roll was the "Devil's Music", then TV was going to destroy society, then it was the internet...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 01/06/19 at 13:25:33

You guys remind me of how Rock and Roll was the "Devil's Music", then TV was going to destroy society, then it was the internet...

Your very own self protection.
Pretend the people who are showing you what reason and good sense would do are somehow mentally faulty, while ignoring the historical FACT that walls are and have been for centuries a reasonable part of any system of control over who gains access.
By pretending we're the intellectual equivalent of ridiculous groups you insulate yourself from needing to give our ideas any actual consideration.
If you're waiting for a
Government Study on the value of walls and fences
LOOK AT EVERY MILITARY INSTALLATION AROUND THE MUTHERFUKKING WORLD.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/06/19 at 13:52:02

"You guys remind me of how Rock and Roll was the "Devil's Music", then TV was going to destroy society, then it was the internet...

Your very own self protection.

I was referring to the continued comments about how I listen to these posts instead of reading them.  That's why I linked the millions of sales of smart speakers that millions of people are using.  Modern tech will change how we use the internet, people have things read to them all the time now.

"LOOK AT EVERY MILITARY INSTALLATION AROUND THE MUTHERFUKKING WORLD."

Interesting you bring that up as many US military locations are actually not repairing old fences because modern sensor tech does such a better job.  Surveillance towers being scrapped because sensor tech never falls asleep, never needs relieved from duty, never eats or drinks, or abandons it's post.  

You really have no idea what the military is doing today for structured access control features.  When is the last time you ran a penetration exercise, or a vulnerability report for one?  I did 3 last year, but obviously when it comes to walls people doing the job are wrong.

There are Government studies, I have referenced them here more than once and large-scale physical walls are not recommended for mountainous areas, never have been. They are definitely not recommended for certain areas of the border, again according to people there that do that as their job.  But again they must be wrong because people sitting in the safety of their homes can get online and do the job better.

Your link about Yuma is correct, but everyone in Laredo in my link are wrong.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 01/06/19 at 15:52:34

Eegore wrote on 01/06/19 at 13:52:02:
"...  But again they must be wrong because people sitting in the safety of their homes can get online and do the job better...."

Eegore, when you say:
“… according to people there that do that as their job….”
It is, according to you, the only correct statement to make ?

And when the POTUS, and other people say,
People that, are there, and do, that, as their job.
It is, according to you, NOT correct ?
And anyone that makes a statement that supports a wall,
is a ‘Desk Jockey’  Only  ?

Why is that ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 01/06/19 at 16:35:21

Eegore wrote on 01/06/19 at 06:14:47:
 Long time Trump supporter and Mayor of Laredo states physical wall is not needed where he is, but maybe in other places.

Did you forget to say, what the complete statement said ?
"...we don't need a physical wall. We have a natural barrier..."

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #8 - 01/06/19 at 17:30:23

General  George S. Patton ,as early as WWII is quoted as saying "fixed installations are monuments to man's stupidity" , and it is no less true today.

I fully agree the wall will stop illegals from entering from Mexico!

But the criminal  Cartels in Mexico will simply provide forged papers to those in need ,for a price . the people then need only two buy a one way ticket to any city in Canada and invade from our northern boarder. If the cost to the illegals about $300 for a ticket & $1000 for papers is less than the $1500 normally charged by a coyote to smuggle them across the boarder than we can expect an increase in illegals entering the country and further growth in strength of the Cartels.

So as you can see ,what may help on the southern boarder, may in fact come back to bite us.  while Trump sits in the White House stuffing his face, the rest of the government(and their families) are wondering where their next meal is coming from , and if you think he really cares about the common man you are deluded !He's like a little child pouting until he gets his way , regardless of anyone but himself.

The wall a monument only to TRUMP's ego.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #9 - 01/06/19 at 17:49:30

Those guys at the press conference ,  haven't seen a watch in years, and building the WALL will increase their importance and job security ,Why wouldn't they be Trump 's boot licks?WOW three people who want the wall besides Trump ,and they all work on the boarder .What a surprise!!!!

« Last Edit: 01/06/19 at 22:16:29 by batman »  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 01/06/19 at 19:45:05

"It is, according to you, the only correct statement to make ?"

No.

"Did you forget to say, what the complete statement said ?
"...we don't need a physical wall. We have a natural barrier..."
"

No.  I linked the article in an attempt to provide a complete statement.  My intention is to say that officials in Laredo do not think they need a physical wall in their geographical location.  A physical man made wall specifically.

"And when the POTUS, and other people say,
People that, are there, and do, that, as their job.
It is, according to you, NOT correct ?"

I don't know what you are asking.  

"And anyone that makes a statement that supports a wall,
is a ‘Desk Jockey’  Only  ?"

No.  To clarify:  Many people of various professions that agree with the proposal that only a large physical barrier constructed along the entirety of the border will create a reduction in illegal border crossings are no matter what their profession may be, incorrect and typically, typically meaning in most but not all cases, choosing a strategy that most, most meaning the majority but not every, Border Control employees, engineers, DHS staff and military personnel with a specialty in access control indicate is not fiscally responsible, efficient or most effective.  Many of these conclusions coming from data and alternate strategies effectively utilized by the US Navy in the region.

Many, not all of the people I actively discuss this with have zero idea of what goes on at the border, have never worked in security or access control.  Many in this case represents the majority but not all of the people I actively have border control discussions with.  

I support a wall, I do not support a large physical full length barrier based off the immense cost of doing that when there's cheaper and better methods that can be used in very specific geographical locations.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #11 - 01/06/19 at 22:46:16

THEY ARRESTED 1700 BAD GUY'S!  YOU BETTER LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT CROSS THE BORDER ,500,000 PER DAY .
   AND YES ANYONE WITH THAT MANY YEARS OF SERVICE THAT'S A VP OR PREZ OF BORDER GUARDS ,ISN'T " POUNDING THE BEAT" THEIR A DESK JOCKEY.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 01/07/19 at 10:12:21

No.  To clarify:  Many people of various professions that agree with the proposal that only a large physical barrier constructed along the entirety of the border will create a reduction in illegal border crossings are no matter what their profession may be, incorrect and typically, typically meaning in most but not all cases, choosing a strategy that most, most meaning the majority but not every, Border Control employees, engineers, DHS staff and military personnel with a specialty in access control indicate is not fiscally responsible, efficient or most effective.  Many of these conclusions coming from data and alternate strategies effectively utilized by the US Navy in the region.

Many, not all of the people I actively discuss this with have zero idea of what goes on at the border, have never worked in security or access control.  Many in this case represents the majority but not all of the people I actively have border control discussions with.  

I support a wall, I do not support a large physical full length barrier based off the immense cost of doing that when there's cheaper and better methods that can be used in very specific geographical locations.

Here's the big issue Eegore. It's about power. When Leftist Democrats say they are in favor of border security, I don't believe them. Look at California. It's flipped from a Red state to a Blue state. Hilary got over 4 million more votes than Trump in California alone. Almost 40% of California's population is Hispanic as of 2010 and if you've been there lately, I'm guessing closer to 50 now. Now consider Texas is also at 40%. Texans are a different animal than Californians which is why it hasn't flipped Blue just yet.

The Democrats control the vast majority of the MSM and 99.999% of the entertainment culture meaning they are able to sway voters to the Democrats side.

Electronic border security relies on people to perform the task what the current administration tells them to. Democrats, knowing full well they control the media and the message,  have zero incentive to protect the border. None.

A wall that at least slows down the flow is the only thing protecting the historical United States of America from turning into another Central American $hithole.

That's why people like me want a wall. If we thought the government would follow through with enforcing the border, sure, use electronic equipment and more people, but with a Democrat in office, that won't happen.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 01/07/19 at 10:49:02

Electronic border security relies on people to perform the task what the current administration tells them to.

How does this differentiate from people being posted along a physical wall?  A large physical wall can be circumvented in minutes without personnel actively maintaining the environment.  Examples of walls that slow down flow are very, very small in comparison, and actively manned.

Again my argument is irrelevant to our conversation because you indicate cost is not part of the equation, and I use cost as part of the equation on deciding where a wall is pertinent and where it isn't.  

So there's not much for us to discuss, you believe a wall will stop people where I do not, primarily based off of my work and who I associate with.  I just sat through a briefing about those lift-trucks used in airports to place food into the larger aircraft.  A number of those have been purchased and customized in Mexico and TX, there is strong evidence showing they are being tested as mobile high-lift devices that can connect to one another over a raised barrier.  

You believe any amount of money should be spent, and I do not so we will just have to disagree on that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 01/07/19 at 11:00:51

I can break into ypur house or car if I really want to, but you still employ basic security measures. Can people get around a wall? Sure. Don't you think it's easier to catch  a couple of trucks lined up than 100 miles of an open desert at night?

Money is not a factor. How much does illegal immigration cost the states/nation?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 02:22:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I can't find my shocked face

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.