Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #60 - 03/13/19 at 08:16:56

As Neil said, no worries Versy. Be there for your Dad. I pray all is ok with him.

Neil, I hate for anybody to throw away money. I'll come by for my helmet and jacket. Cool

Neil, when we have a weekend with good weather and I can manage to get away on a Friday I'll give you a call and see if we can meet up on that Saturday to ride together and grab a good meal together. I can ride into Austin or New Braunfels and spend the night with one of my kids and then meet you wherever on Saturday morning.

Dave, let me know about any Arkansas rides. I really want to ride Arkansas.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #61 - 03/13/19 at 10:10:19

springman wrote on 03/13/19 at 08:16:56:
Neil, when we have a weekend with good weather and I can manage to get away on a Friday I'll give you a call and see if we can meet up on that Saturday to ride together and grab a good meal together. I can ride into Austin or New Braunfels and spend the night with one of my kids and then meet you wherever on Saturday morning.

Works for me.  
If you call, it is likely to go to voice mail as I don't look at or use my cell phone very often.  Send a text there or do a PM here or send an email.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #62 - 03/13/19 at 10:36:07

Versey ,  my Dad has been gone for 24 years now  and I still find myself wanting to share the events of my days with him !  

So , enjoy the days with him you can and don't worry about the small stuff .  Wink

If we can get a Arkansas trip together , then put him on your spare bike and bring him with ya !  

I just got back from San Angelo about 01:00 this morning.   On the way there we stopped at the  Arkansas welcome center and I picked up some pamphlets on Motorcycle ridding Arkansas .    I haven't looked at them yet.  Huh     but the next rainy/cold day I get I'll see what they are.

I went to the CMAUSA National Rally in ( 2016 ?)  it was at a campground called Iron-Mountain in south/western Arkansas .   Well , on the way there I passed through some really nice bike-roads.   It was a fun event and in a good area but ,
This year its in :  June 18-22, 2019
NATIONAL RALLY
National Event
Gillette,  Wyoming

getting back to Arkansas , we need to find a good base camp .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #63 - 03/13/19 at 11:00:09

Thanks Neil. If I get the chance to come down I will text or pm you or both.

MM, are you riding to Gillette, WY.? I'm guessing that is at least a 3 day ride unless you iron butt it, then maybe 2 days.

I'm guessing I probably won't be able to take off for a week until around July. In the meantime hopefully I can take a day or two off here and there.

You guys keep planning. I'll keep looking for the one I can join in.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #64 - 03/13/19 at 11:14:17

MMRanch wrote on 03/13/19 at 10:36:07:

Butler maps.. the best there is.  I have sold the copy of The Texas Hill Country that I carry to a few lost souls.  Then I go and buy the most recent edition..  Tongue

https://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycle-road-maps/ozarks-map/

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #65 - 03/13/19 at 22:24:49

Ozarks G1 Map 3rd Edition × 1
$14.95
Southern Appalachia G1 Map 2nd Edition (AL, TN, NC, SC, GA) × 1
$14.95
Subtotal:
$29.90
Shipping:
$4.00 via Shipping
Payment method:
PayPal
Total:
$33.90

Smiley

Gillette , Wyoming is way to far for me to go by myself !

« Last Edit: 03/14/19 at 00:28:53 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #66 - 03/14/19 at 16:22:53

youzguyz wrote on 03/13/19 at 11:14:17:
MMRanch wrote on 03/13/19 at 10:36:07:

Butler maps.. the best there is.  I have sold the copy of The Texas Hill Country that I carry to a few lost souls.  Then I go and buy the most recent edition..  Tongue

https://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycle-road-maps/ozarks-map/

Yep.  Butler Maps ARE the very best motorcycle map.  I’ve got several and the price is well worth paying for the detailed maps they produce.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #67 - 03/15/19 at 01:11:57

Lancer  ,   That sure was a Fine Ride we had going from your house to Arkansas --- going across those mountains !    Smiley  I'm still smile-ing !

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #68 - 03/15/19 at 04:04:19

MMRanch wrote on 03/15/19 at 01:11:57:
Lancer  ,   That sure was a Fine Ride we had going from your house to Arkansas --- going across those mountains !    Smiley  I'm still smile-ing !

Yes, that was a fun ride.
I wanted to do another ride but circumstances this year did not allow.
I wanted to go into Arkansas and rent a cabin/s at CMA’s Iron Mountain.  Arkansas is full of good riding routes.  This would put us in the area where there are many motorcycle routes defined by the Butler Maps.  Love those maps.  Butler is a motorcycle enthusiast publication.  The routes are ridden by bike riders and evaluated according to road type, facilities, sights, etc. etc.  The maps are nicely laminated with fan folds.  Great product.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #69 - 03/15/19 at 04:24:10

LANCER wrote on 03/15/19 at 04:04:19:
MMRanch wrote on 03/15/19 at 01:11:57:

Yes, that was a fun ride.
I wanted to do another ride but circumstances this year did not allow.
I wanted to go into Arkansas and rent a cabin/s at CMA’s Iron Mountain.  Arkansas is full of good riding routes.  This would put us in the area where there are many motorcycle routes defined by the Butler Maps.  Love those maps.  Butler is a motorcycle enthusiast publication.  The routes are ridden by bike riders and evaluated according to road type, facilities, sights, etc. etc.  The maps are nicely laminated with fan folds.  Great product.

So.....who is going to set up an Arkansas event for April or May?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #70 - 03/15/19 at 12:18:18

I have ordered those two maps .    

One on Arkansas and one on the Lower Smokies.

I think the late April would fit me better .   Some time in ( May ? ) I'll need to take a trip to San Angelo for a Graduation .    Don't know what date yet or even if the May time frame is for sure ???    The training schedule was interrupted and isn't rescheduled yet.  
If only I could be in charge of everything my life would be so-much-easier !   Grin  

The "Camping Cabin" we found in Tx. has two bunk-beds but can sleep 6  , its also only $50.oo a nite .    I'd like to find one of them in the Arkansas  ridding area !

$46.oo a day plus tax .    they are available !  Smiley

https://fortsmithalmarvpark.com/cabin-rentals/
$20.oo a day plus Tax - Tent Camping

http://jasperdogwoodcabinsandrv.com/map/

TeePee w/water and electricity / sleeps 4  / $30.oo day !

https://www.kettlecampground.net/sites.htm

What about ???  a warm week (Monday - Thursday) in late April at the TeePee ?  
I need a weeks notice for my part ?   Smiley

Why would ya need running water in a TeePee anyway ?  Huh

« Last Edit: 03/15/19 at 18:20:30 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #71 - 03/18/19 at 07:09:06

Wow!  I just looked at Mapquest....and getting to the Pig Trail is 12 hours of driving for me, and with stops for fuel/food/relief I betcha it is going to be a bit tough to get it all done in 1 day.  This is certainly a trip where I would put the bike on a trailer until I got to the fun stuff.

It would not surprise me that this would be a trip where my wife wanted to come along and ride on the back.....she has talked about going to the Ozarks on a vacation.

It might take several days/weeks of exploring!
https://www.ozarkrides.com/arkansas%20rides.htm

« Last Edit: 03/18/19 at 09:52:11 by Dave »  

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #72 - 03/18/19 at 12:16:59

That would be about a 600 mile one way trip for me. I would love to do this but I probably cannot get away until around July. If you guys make that ride  without me I will be envious, but happy for ya'll. Thump on!!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #73 - 03/19/19 at 08:18:26

Dave ,

If its just going to be you and me  with Deb and Marcia , then you want to plan out the Ky. Forest ride for the first of the year ?     What was the name of area again ?

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #74 - 03/19/19 at 09:14:12

MM:

One of the reasons we were trying to head south.....is to find warmer weather a bit sooner.  I looked at the weather for the Danial Boone National Forest areas.....and even in April the night time temps are in the 30's and 40's (daytime temps are generally in the 60's and 70's).

I have clothing now that can keep me comfortably warm in cold weather....my wife would likely not enjoy rides below 65 degrees.

We cab postpone the AK rides until other folks can go....and squeeze in a KY ride when you and I are wiling to brave some colder weather.  The Danial Boone National Forest area is only a couple hours from my home...quite a bit farther for you.

It would be nice if you and I could find a good riding area halfway between us.  Maybe we could find a rendezvous place midway....then ride together to the good riding areas.

« Last Edit: 03/20/19 at 04:07:59 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 11:47:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.