Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #210 - 09/09/19 at 20:16:52

Hay ,  Anybody interested in Suches Ga. this weekend ?   13 -15 Sept.  if it don't rain !

The Guzzi folks are planing a get-to-gether but everybody is welcome and most of those folks have 10 bikes (one being a guzzi) .  Grin    Most of them post their list of machines as signatures on their post and everything from Harleys to sport bikes are listed.

If Marcia wants to go or it rains , I'll have to bring the truck .  Embarrassed  Just how it is nowdays.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #211 - 09/10/19 at 03:33:26

I can't go play Guzzi with you......the wife and I are going to Jasper, Arkansas and leaving on Saturday.  We are taking the car and hauling a bike down so we can do day rides.

Then Oct. 4-6th I will be riding down with a local friend to the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Days in Birmingham, Alabama.

Not sure if I can sneak in any other trips this year....but  I will if I can!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #212 - 09/10/19 at 06:22:29

Unfortunately I am out. Right in the middle of a kitchen remodel and have to tear out cabinets and countertops this weekend, run some electrical and plumbing, and hang new sheetrock in preparation for new cabinets next week.

Why don't you Guzzi's head south and we can knock out the kitchen in a couple of hours  Cool

I will be going to Barber's on Saturday 5 October. Me, brother, and friend are riding up for a long, full Saturday and headed back home Saturday night.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #213 - 10/17/19 at 04:54:45

I am not sure there are any TN/NC/GA rides left in 2019.....the weather has just made a turn for the worse here in KY.  Tuesday night my wife and I went for a ride in the 74 degree weather......on Wednesday it was 50 degrees!

Last year when Stewmilles, his brother Bailey and I scheduled a weekend ride the weather forecast was for temps in the 50's....it turned out to be in the 30's for Saturday.....and we woke up to 23 degrees on Sunday!

It is possible we could get a nice weekend yet - but the trip would have to be a spur of the moment thing with very little advance notice.  Getting a room at the Two Wheel Inn would not require an advance reservation.

I will watch the weather and let you know if I believe the conditions warrant a trip!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #214 - 10/17/19 at 08:07:17

My Son is flying out the 22nd. So after that I can take off for a ride.   If the weather don't look good then I might truck the bike.    Ya'll don't care if I bring a date do ya ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #215 - 10/17/19 at 08:26:44

weather's fine in California.
80° days, plenty of bonfires at night to keep you warm.

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #216 - 10/17/19 at 09:40:30

MMRanch wrote on 10/17/19 at 08:07:17:
Ya'll don't care if I bring a date do ya ?

Well then...there goes our usual arrangements of the three of us getting a single room and that small twin bed that you and Dave always share  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Let me know what pops up...I have learned to bundle up by now, and if Dave brings his battery heated vest I am going to drain his batteries while he is sleeping so we are all on an even playing field  Cool

This weekend I am actually free for the most part due to not laying floors (cabinet delays), but corrections are likely next week whereas I will be stuck doing housework the weekend of the 26th.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #217 - 10/17/19 at 21:13:25

I believe the weather runs a 28 day cycle , Seasonally adjusted Of-course.

two weeks ago the weather was fairly nice and I suspect 2 weeks from now it will be Fair also.

So we are flying by the seat of our pants looking for a warm spell .   I can wait a bit.  Wink

Marcia may want to sit this one out being cool nights and the bath house not being in the tent .    Roll Eyes

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #218 - 10/18/19 at 05:05:03

For these very late in the year and cold at night events......tent camping is out for me - the Two Wheel in has heat, bathroom/shower in the room, and a nice garage to park the bike.

It costs a bit more than tent camping - but it is worth it to have a warm place to sleep at night.

Deb may come as well........we just have to wait and see if the weather cooperates.  Last year the advanced weather forecast was soooooo wrong, and the promised 50 degrees turned out to be 20-30 degrees colder!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #219 - 10/18/19 at 06:55:39

Agreed on the non-tent trip. It isn't worth the headache when the weather isn't guaranteed nice and breezy warm. Not sure if the wife will go, but I can ask and if she says no (probably will) I can bring my brother.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #220 - 10/20/19 at 16:58:15

We can watch the weather for the next two weeks and see if either one of them works out.   I can leave on Wednesday night and ride Thursday through Saturday and come home on Sunday either weekend (Stewmills and Bailey can arrive late Friday night and only ride on Sat/Sun).  The cold morning temps may not be to Deb's liking....she likely won't want to come if the temps are cold and I will come alone.

So lets watch Oct 24 through 27 (currently showing rain on Friday and Sunday).

And watch Oct 31 through Nov 3 (currently showing cloudy and dry).

We don't need to ride all 4 days - I am just letting you know that I can ride any of those days if the weather makes it possible....maybe we only ride Saturday/Sunday and I come home on Monday.  This time of year I think we have to let the weather choose the dates.

By the end of Tuesday we need to make a decision if we want to ride on Thursday......so I can get packed up and ready to leave on Wednesday.  If we ride later in the week.....hopefully everybody can react and make a commitment with a 2 day notice.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #221 - 10/21/19 at 21:21:39

Life can be so complicated some times , I'm retired and still - Nov. 8-10 is the soonest I can get away on a week-end.  
I don't know how you working folks manage ?

That idea of the motorcycle motel w/garage and trucking to it has Marcia ready to go !  Smiley

I've got a sister in the Hospital on life support  so I have no idea what the next week is going to bring ???

« Last Edit: 10/22/19 at 19:12:16 by MMRanch »  

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #222 - 10/22/19 at 09:15:57

This weekend (26th 27th) is out for me...have two family birthdays. Argh....

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #223 - 10/22/19 at 20:09:56

We got rain in the fore cast for Friday anyway.  

OldFeller used to have an extend forecast page that gave us an idea of what to expect .    I'm going to see if I can find it ???

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #224 - 10/23/19 at 05:49:17

Looks like this weekend is a bust.......so the wife and I are going to go on a long local ride on Thursday.

MM is suggesting we try for the Nov 8-10th weekend and he will be bringing Marcia, and I will likely be bringing Deb.  We will watch the weather and see how it goes......Accuweather shows daytime highs in the 50's and night time temps in the middle 30's for that time of year - my wife may not be real keen on riding in those temps but I am OK with it.  (This year I will be using my heated vest, new winter jacket and insulated pants......and the bike has heated grips).  Maybe the women will go adventure in the car during the chilly morning hours, then ride with us in the afternoon when it is warmer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 07:44:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.