Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Savage Events for 2019
01/05/19 at 15:51:20

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION RIGHT UP TO THE GO DAY -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET UNTIL IT IS OVER.     Plugging your name in to show your interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is really going plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a firm date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Past events...

Lancer Oklahoma trip      

Kickstand Lodge    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

MM's farm      

Still in planning...
Indian Paintbrush Campground near Denver  

Black Hills-Cody Wy.

Shortcut to 2018 events

========================================
Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country  Mid to Late April  
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1438888894
Thunder Beach Run,  Apr 27th-May1st     Location of run is Panama Beach / St. Augustine
http://thunderbeachproductions.com/rally-info/events/603-thunder-beachr-autum...
July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1454499524/0
Dave's Farm Run, Scoot and Shoot along with 20 pound Catfish wrassling    (mid August)
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1454094115

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

If you see anything missing let me know or add it.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #1 - 01/05/19 at 19:22:54

I have a free campground in Southern Middle Tn. for Savages  (To or From) events .      Might be a "cook-out" the night of having Campers ?     Roll Eyes

Me , Dave , Stew , and OldFeller went to "Two Wheels of Suches" Ga. last year , but it was too early in the year and the nights were still on the Chili side , and I don't mean the eating kind !   Embarrassed

The ridding was great !    Wink

In 2014 I went to Daytona for Bike Week and it was fun .   Camping is only $90.oo for the entire week and the fun never stops (that might be the draw-back with it ? ).   Its all Flat-Land stuff but lots to see and folks to visit with.   Smiley

« Last Edit: 01/05/19 at 21:27:07 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 01/07/19 at 09:50:41

Just so you know...it is 66 degrees and sunny today (January 7th) at the Kick Stand Lodge!

RIDES IN MARCH?

The daytime temperatures in the Suches area "can" be in the 55-70's during the day...nights can be between 25-40.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/suches-ga/30572/month/2153437?monyr=3/01/2019

Two Wheels of Suches opens on March 2nd.  I do think it would be possible to take a trip - but I don't think it could be planned more than a few days in advance.  The event most likely will have to be the sort of event where we decide a day or two before we leave - as temperatures and rainfall can vary widely.

The same weather is also applicable to the Tail of the Dragon area.....their weather might be a tad different and affected by "local" weather - but large weather trends are the same.  Riding in the area in March will be very hard to plan very far in advance.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/month/2095926?mon...

I "am" open to meeting other members in the area in March (or even February if the weather allows)......yesterday was 60, today is 61, and tomorrow is 62 at the Dragon!
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/weather-forecast/...

The hotel rooms in Robbinsville at the Two Wheel Inn are very affordable and we likely can get a room without an advance reservation in February or March.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 01/08/19 at 09:53:22

I am always in for the Two Wheels, KSL and MM trips as they are a short drive away (~3-4 hours).  

We usually take a week long family vacation in May so I have to navigate around that.  Otherwise I can usually make something happen on relatively short notice and/or adapt to last minute schedule changes.  If he is not working, my little brother will probably accompany me too and ride the S40 with me on the little Ninja again.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 01/09/19 at 07:28:16

Not sure at all about an Oklahoma trip, my wife will likely be having knee replacement surgery about then.

I would like to catch Twisted Sister if at all possible.

Also, if Dave is inviting for a ride at his place I would really like to go to that one too.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 01/09/19 at 08:51:04

OK, I'll pencil that in.

Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country   April/May
youzguyz/Lancer/Verslagen1

« Last Edit: 01/09/19 at 12:32:05 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 01/09/19 at 09:11:09

LANCER wrote on 01/09/19 at 07:28:16:
Also, if Dave is inviting for a ride at his place I would really like to go to that one too.

My wife's recovery is going very slowly, and I don't believe it will be possible to have a gathering at my house this year.

2020 I think we could host an event again.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #7 - 01/09/19 at 10:13:06

verslagen1 wrote on 01/09/19 at 08:51:04:
OK, I'll pencil that in.

Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country  Mid to Late April  
Lancer/Verslagen1

As always, I am up for dragging ya'll around the back roads if you wander on down to my stomping grounds.

Last year, you were here in Mid-May.
2018 Twisted Sisters thread:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1520439918/0

It was a bit warm, and the wild flowers were pretty much done.
If you are interested in the flowers.
http://www.wildflowerhaven.com/Community/forumid/14/threadid/1269/scope/posts
Last year, the flowers peaked here around late March to early April.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 01/10/19 at 06:43:57

Last year, the flowers peaked here around late March to early April.  

Well , April 18th my son graduates from Fire-Fighter School at Good-Fellow AFB.   So , the wife and I will be in Texas on April 18th anyway .

When she rides with me we take the Guzzi (more seat room) , so ,  I'll put the Guzzi in the back of the truck and take the truck to graduation .

I want to show her the :  Stone Hinge and nice ride by the river
                                     Alamo Spring Cafe - the Ranch Road way.
                                     The Twisted Sisters
If the "You R Lost" and or Longhorn/Buffalow/Gran Ranch Entrances shows up then  Cool

I suspect that after 3 days she'll be "Toured out" and ready to make the two day trip back home weather I'm ready or not ...  

We can get our own cabin but could share it with another couple ?   Marcia may want me to check on area motels in the same price range ??  I'll know more as the time gets closer .

I haven't check the weather yet ?  

So , If the Weather don't cooperate in the April time frame ... A 1000 miles ain't that far for retired folks w/long legged motorcycles and nice weather !  Grin

« Last Edit: 01/13/19 at 20:27:25 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #9 - 01/11/19 at 04:38:51

MMRanch wrote on 01/10/19 at 06:43:57:
I want to show her the :  Stone Hinge and nice ride by the river
                                     Alamo Spring Cafe - the Ranch Road way.
                                     The Twisted Sisters
If the "You R Lost" and or Longhorn/Buffalow/Gran Ranch Entrances shows up then  Cool

Stonehinge(sic) and Twisted Sisters can be done on the same day.
You went with old.indian last year on the sisters, so didn't do the dirty sister.  I'm not sure you want to do that on the guzzi with the missus on the back.   Shocked

"UR Lost" is easy to find if you don't know where to look.

Longhorn and Buffalo are where you find them.  I know a few places that have them.  Being there when they are in that pasture is a matter of luck.

Gran Ranch Entrance.  I presume you mean the one in the picture?  That is close to Kerrville.

Alamo Springs Cafe.  Always!!  Cheesy

combo.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 01/11/19 at 07:22:44

Hay !   There's Bill in the background !!  Smiley

Ya'll know those Hamburgers SMELL Really Good !   Grin

The chances of my/our Graduation Trip  and the Hill Country Ride  over-lapping is slim .   Also , my Son borrowed leave time to stay longer at (Christmas/New Years)  so I don't think there will be any leave in April after training.  
So ,
I might be ridding to Kerrsville  after coming home with the wife ?    Either way it works out --- I wouldn't want to miss the "Hill Country Ride", if I can help it.
I'll just have to see how it works out when the time gets here ?

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #11 - 01/11/19 at 19:31:51

I was going to say that I am with Lancer, but I guess the Dave trip will have to wait. Dave, I truly hope your wife has a 100% recovery.

Going to Lancer's is a trip I would hate to miss so when he offers, ya'll take him up on it. Lancer, please tell Paula we will be praying for her.

Three Twisted Sisters!!! Count me in.

If MM has a gathering at his place, I would like to make it this time.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #12 - 01/11/19 at 21:13:14

I just found out the Graduation I need to attend is on the 18th of April.  The details are beyond my vision at the time but I believe I'll have to be in a car the 18th. as in no truck w/bike in the back.

Roll Eyes

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 01/12/19 at 00:38:23

In a car!?!
Wives have it rough though, they all need a prayer.
luckily, they only have to deal with all of us only once in a while... after the memory fades.   Wink
Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country   April/May
youzguyz/Lancer/Verslagen1/springman/mmranch?

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #14 - 01/16/19 at 04:10:14

MMRanch wrote on 01/11/19 at 21:13:14:
I just found out the Graduation I need to attend is on the 18th of April.  The details are beyond my vision at the time but I believe I'll have to be in a car the 18th. as in no truck w/bike in the back.

Roll Eyes

Contemplating..

If you plan on combining the graduation with the ride:

04/18 is a Thursday.  
Ya'll usually travel to Kerrville on Saturday and Sunday (04/13-14) and leave the next Saturday.  (04/20).  Cabin would be reserved for nights of 04/14 to 04/19.

2 1/2 hour drive from Kerrville to San Angelo.  You can leave the truck/bike at the cabin and rent a car.  (Why not just leave the bike at the cabin and take the truck?)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 12:40:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.