batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Custom intake
Reply #15 - 01/08/19 at 08:44:43

playhard67 wrote on 01/07/19 at 19:29:06:
I was strictly looking at it from a rubber (2.25 in. hose) connection point...pipe to carb using external dimensions. And, yes I am going with the cone for looks.  For me, I don't need a high performance bike.  Thanks for the correction on the 40mm.  For me, there's a lot to learn on this site.

Use of am extended intake on your stock motor, will not give you a high performance bike. I estimate a gain of between 1-2 hp if done correctly. but I was trying to warn you ,if done incorrectly you could actually lose performance,  That may at first glance, not seem important, but in a passing situation on the highway your bike that before attained 85 mph, may now attain only 70 to 75 mph and be slower(require more time and distance) getting there , passing now becomes less routine and more dangerous .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
playhard67

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/08/19 at 19:21:36

As I said...I am not looking for a high performance bike.  I am sure I will be fine with whatever I end up with.  It may end up being trial and error for me...but, I'll get there.

When I ride on the highway, I am usually riding with my wife and my dog (yes my dog rides with me).  I have two other bikes I use for this purpose.  Both bikes will allow the wife and dog to ride with me. When I ride the Dragon, I take one of these bikes.

This bike will be a single rider bike and will be used for mostly farm road / back road use. I'm not worried about passing someone at 85mph. I appreciate your warning... but, I think i'll be fine.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #17 - 01/08/19 at 20:26:51

That's fine ,but I wouldn't be using a cone filter for riding of that type ,they would need frequent cleaning/oiling and don't filter as well as ,say a foam filter used on dirt bikes for off road or dirt track racing.
      while the cone filter is very free flowing,  it may be because it only filters out large particles ,it would be the last filter you should use for your intended use.  

« Last Edit: 01/09/19 at 07:40:57 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:27:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Custom intake

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.