Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
What neat stuff are you getting for Christmas ??? (Read 804 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: What neat stuff are you getting for Christmas
Reply #75 - 01/03/19 at 10:30:07

For those who asked ---- hijacking a thread that I started pretty much isn't possible .....  I tell the folks that I am helping with Linux Mint to drop into what ever thread that I have started with their question as they need an answer and I hijack my own posts worse than anybody else can anyway.

At one point a year or so ago I was asked to not start so many new threads, so I now use generic titles and cover more stuff with appended posts so I generally only have a few new threads a week.   Since my threads are generic and old guys meander anyway, it all works out.

Somebody else's thread, be polite as always and don't hijack other people's threads -- go hijack one of mine.

You will also get other people chiming in to be helping you, and that is great too.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #76 - 01/07/19 at 05:22:12

This is for MM and the other folks who are on the edge of actually DOING IT.

I remember being there and basically hanging fire for a while because I doubted.

I doubted me, my ability to read the screens and to make a good decision.

I doubted basically if I could live without Mickeysoft, as everything I knew was mickey this and mickey that ......  which is why I suggest Mint Mate to people because it obeys most of the precepts that all the old mickey users are well used to.

So, for encouragement of the newpersons,  I got permission to quote the last person who made the trip down the rabbit hole, he wrote me back using Mint Mate 19.1 and the Chrome Browser that he got only last week .....

Just a quick note OF to tell you, this new OS works great. I'm able to do just about everything with it. This older computer was practically unusable, but I was able to download chrome,and that runs good on it. Music and videos also play good, saving pictures and making files.The 32  bit version I had before didn't work well , but this one does . The only drawback is that I don't think you can do HR Block online to file your taxes, because they might only be compatible with windows and Apple. That's not a problem tho.    Well thanks again .....

So, in short --- yes you can do it.    You gotta charge it up good and just go do it.

H&R Block is an expensive beastie of a tax software that you pay for every year.   If you are running Linux Mint Mate and using Chrome Browser you can use TaxHawk software on line and only pay $10-$15 to do your taxes, complete with on line filing.   And you can do it safely, protected by Chrome's deeply secure Sandboxing and Linux's  invulnerability to Windows style net-jackings.    

Heck, you can do your banking on line too, protected in the same ways.

Remember, you are still using Chrome browser --- if it will do H&R Block on a Windows machine it should work exactly the same way on your Linux box, just a lot more securely.

« Last Edit: 01/07/19 at 14:59:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #77 - 01/07/19 at 14:58:23

bump

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 05:08:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › What neat stuff are you getting for Christmas ???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.