Passing it on...... (Read 20 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Passing it on......
12/11/18 at 07:35:38

Read this just now, and I thought it is worthy, and timely, of sharing.

We often relax our good instincts, during the holiday celebrations, and really forget some of the ugliness that can writhe its way into our lives, after its too late....
I have shared my toils with booze many times here, as I believe the sharing is what can lend another who struggles, the hope and vision their life need not be dictated by booze......
Countless testimonies by those who found a better life, affirm that.

Peace and Joy to all who read this  Smiley

Children of Alcoholics

The disciples went and woke him, saying, 'Master, Master, we're going to drown!' He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. - Luke 8:24

Alcohol abuse is a huge problem in our world today. Let me give you a feeling for how big a problem it is. Over 18 million Americans have alcohol problems. More than 9 million children currently live in homes with an alcohol-dependent parent. And more than half of all American adults have a family history impacted along the way by alcoholism.

The last statistic is worse than it sounds. Half of all American adults have alcohol abuse in their family history. That's important because alcohol abuse isn't an individual problem. And it doesn't end when the alcoholic passes away, leaves, or even sobers up. Alcoholism affects both the alcoholic and everyone who loves him or her.

But, there is hope. Groups like Alcoholics Anonymous, Adult Children of Alcoholics, and Celebrate Recovery, are all designed to help family members along with the alcoholic. Seek help if your family has been impacted by alcoholism.

Remember, within each of us lies the capacity to grow and alter the way we act and feel. And that doesn't mean that God will give us peace from the storms of life. He will instead give us peace in the midst of the storms of life.

- Steve Arterburn

I do not want the peace which passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace.- Helen Keller

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Passing it on......
Reply #1 - 12/11/18 at 08:47:16

Politics and religion go in the TT...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 00:33:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Passing it on......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.