Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Gosh! That would just be horrible! (Read 153 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gosh! That would just be horrible!
Reply #30 - 12/08/18 at 06:32:57

I was exposed to holiday decorations, and do not at this time have an understanding of why they are important.

Do you understand why people put time, effort and money to make their houses visually appealing from the street? A short picket fence, boundaries created from rocks, small low voltage lights on trees at night, a decorative wreath on the door.... none of those things improves the comfort of the occupant inside yet many of us do those things....  Why?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 12/08/18 at 07:51:43

There's a multitude of reasons why people display decorations on their personal property outside of public school classrooms.  Some are compelled to show their financial status through elaborate decoration, some do it symbolically, some do it as tradition among many other reasons.  None of those examples provide insight as to decorations inside a public classroom and the specific impact that seeing those decorations inside of the classroom has.  The topic presented is exclusive to holiday decorations inside the classroom, not at student's homes.

Do you know if there is a measurable psychological impact on children who see, or do not see, holiday decorations inside of public classrooms?  If so why?

I am respectfully and repeatedly answering your questions, yet you refuse to answer mine, is there a reason for that?  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 12/08/18 at 09:19:40

My personal experiences say yes. I have not searched papers to see if anyone’s done a study on it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 12/08/18 at 09:37:07

Serowbot wrote on 12/07/18 at 13:01:53:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/07/18 at 12:48:42:
If the school is necessarily without a connection to the season, why not just keep school open through it?

That blows a giant hole in summer vacation...

I had no idea that summer was a religious holiday.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 12/08/18 at 13:56:33

"My personal experiences say yes. I have not searched papers to see if anyone’s done a study on it. "

I've tried over the past day but nothing specific to holiday decorations only in a classroom.  Just exposure to art in general and creative skill sets like making cards etc. in art classes.

Those don't require holiday be the primary subject though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 00:52:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gosh! That would just be horrible!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.