Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Project ideas for MMRanch's next bike (Read 104 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Project ideas for MMRanch's next bike
12/06/18 at 15:46:37

Here are some interesting bikes to help MM decide on his next build.
(I like the BMW).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmO4GwknuLc

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
GOF

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Buffalo, NY
Re: Project ideas for MMRanch's next bike
Reply #1 - 12/06/18 at 16:18:43

Grin

1988 Suzuki Savage
1987 Yamaha TW200
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 12/06/18 at 17:53:33

Guys, that is SO VERY MUCH not like MM it isn't even funny.

Lancer, you need to pray for these boys, really.

Deeeeemonic possession ?????

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 12/06/18 at 19:02:04

What is that , is it even real ?

I've enternained thoughts of going back to a LongLeggged Sportster for the open road stuff ...  But then I'll get on the S-40 with that 25 tooth pulley and Softail seat and forget all about the Harley
stuff. 😀  
I don't like going over 75 mph anyway  on or in anything

Dave , how about bringing that BMW thingie to the Hill Country this year ?

OldFeller your right about me getting another 4 carbs on one bike ... Two carbs is one to many 😉
Can't but one at a time suck on it anyway (for a 4 cylinder anyway)
Wouldn't it be Good to have a 4 cylinder with one carb ☺
I started to build a "two into one" manifold for the GS 500 and keep it for a third bike , even had an "up-draft" style in mind so it could be a real gas sipper.   But three bikes on the porch is a crowd.😱

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 12/07/18 at 22:57:47

MM; what's your opinion of a GS500? lots available here for $2k-3k.  Looking for a 2 cyl for spring.
Thanks,  Cool

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 12/08/18 at 21:49:58

The GS500 I have is a 07 model w\16k miles.  It is a rescued bike from feller who kept the oil changed but mistreated everything else.  I put a round headlight on it , new tires , chain and sprockets , new battery , regular turn signals , and cleaned it carbs and all.  
It pulls better than my Savage , holds 4.5 gals of fuel , rides good , between 7000 rpm and 10,500 rpm it is VERY Happy and still has pull at 2000 rpm.   It also get better than 60 mpg.  
But it don't make me smile like my Savage does . 😀
It also has a Chain . 😱.   ,  But it does have Mag Wheels ☺.
But it still doesn't make me Smile like my Savage does .😁

So
I'll sell it when the weather warms in the spring . 😉

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #6 - 12/09/18 at 01:38:28

Sounds like I should save some money and enjoy what I have. Never done that before! cheers! Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 12/09/18 at 04:06:54

Zip:

I have never shied away from owning a "different" bike for a while - providing it can be bought cheaply and sold at a profit, break even, or minor loss after I own them for a year or two.  Every bike has a unique personality, and I have enjoyed them all for a short while.  But after owning them for a while I don't feel the need to keep them......my Savage Cafe' bike will stay with me as long as I can ride and will be the last bike I sell.

The used motorcycle market is saturated in my area - so it is pretty easy to buy a used bike cheaply.....and much harder to sell.  I have been lucky and found buyers for all my used bikes pretty easily, as the potential buyers can see my bikes are well taken care of and ready to ride anywhere.  I have never felt the need to own any large V-Twin of US or Japanese decent......they just don't have the performance or handling that matches my riding style.  The Sport Bike image doesn't fit me well.....so I don't have the need to own a dedicated knee dragger.  

So - if you like tinkering and fooling around with a "second" bike, I would not shy away from it if you can get a good deal.  Be aware that if you buy something with a limited market - you may not be able to sell it.  I posted in another thread about a Buehl Blast - it intrigues me but I know it would not be easy to resell it.  The same is true for the BMW F800ST - they are great bikes and I expect it would be fun - but the used bikes that are for sale on Craigslist are listed week after week and don't get any buyers. (I watched one very nice F800ST sit at a Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer for almost 3 years - it started out at nearly $5,000 and was outside in front of the store in the sun and wind and rain and eventually went down to $3,000 - I was just about to go offer them $2,500 and the bike was gone......it would have been a fun bike to ride but would be very hard to sell).

I could be a very bad influence on your lifestyle - as I am sure I could be out riding on days that I am working on a second bike.....however it rains a lot here and I need something to do on rainy days!

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #8 - 12/09/18 at 13:32:42

CL is jammed here as well. Hey, it's December!  There is a low mileage '83 Nighthawk 450 that is very tempting. Seems to have a good reputation.
Don't know why but Christmas brings out the self-indulgence in me. Cheers! Cool
ps; 3-4 years ago late December bought one of the last plasma tvs. $300, best/worst buy ever, too much time watching, haha!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 12/09/18 at 19:01:21

Zip

I like ridding the GS500 , but it just will never be like the Savage.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 12/10/18 at 04:21:26

You can even cook lunch with this one - and at the speed it travels you are going to have a pack a lunch!
(Sorry about the advertisement).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xePknD5eQgU

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 08:47:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Project ideas for MMRanch's next bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.