Tattooed hooligan
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki savage
scramblers in the
works!

alabama
Scrambler build
12/01/18 at 06:07:14

Well I started 2 scrambler builds,one for me and one for my wife.  For mine I gave gotten 12.5" shocks,biltwell moto (motocross style) handlebars,biltwell grips,fmf shorty dirtbike muffler, starting to build the exhaust this weekend, and a modified cam chain tensioner from mike off of here verslagen1 . And a 18in aluminum rear wheel to lace to the factory hub. So I got the petcock last week and was just being lazy and was going to wait to put it on till my off day. I got home yesterday after work,opened my garage and the smell of gasoline almost knocked me down, I felt my stomach turn because I knew what I was about to find....yep,gas tank empty and engine full of gas. I opened the oil fill and gas started pouring out. Luckily I had recently filled the gas tank (extreme sarcasm) so I rush to grab tools to drain the oil...guess who doesn't have the correct tool...yep,this guy. So I run to my neighbors house,my closest neighbor is almost a mile away from me and I'm chubby and dont like to run. But he had what I needed so I got it drained and figured while I was at it I would go ahead and put the adjuster on. The quality of the work done to modify the adjuster is top notch. My plan was to do that tomorrow and finish the chain conversion yesterday but my Suzuki decided to change my plans. Moral of the story is DO THE RAPTOR PETCOCK NOW,DO NOT PUT IT OFF for even one day

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Scrambler build
Reply #1 - 12/01/18 at 07:00:25

So....now you have plenty of "pre-mix" for your two cycle engines - the question now is if the oil/gas mix ratio is correct? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tattooed hooligan
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki savage
scramblers in the
works!

alabama
Reply #2 - 12/01/18 at 07:09:27

Dave , that is a positive way to look at it   Cheesy

IP Logged
Tattooed hooligan
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki savage
scramblers in the
works!

alabama
Reply #3 - 12/12/18 at 05:56:57

Making progress, exhaust almost done,hope to have it finished up this weekend. Chain conversion,bars,risers,lights,shocks and fender done,seat hoop built still need to weld it in place. Trying to upload a picture we will see if it works or not

IP Logged
Tattooed hooligan
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki savage
scramblers in the
works!

alabama
Reply #4 - 12/12/18 at 08:05:36

It wont let me upload any pictures, I'll try again later

IP Logged
Pages: 1