Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: WOW...  this is ugly.
Reply #30 - 11/30/18 at 08:32:57

So....how would the TSA act if I brought a parachute as my "carry on luggage"? Huh

Henry Ford.  I believe he automated the assembly line as much as was technically possible for that era.  They had people to run and calibrate the machines as necessary.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #31 - 11/30/18 at 09:18:07

Dave wrote on 11/30/18 at 08:32:57:
So....how would the TSA act if I brought a parachute as my "carry on luggage"? Huh

Henry Ford.  I believe he automated the assembly line as much as was technically possible for that era.  They had people to run and calibrate the machines as necessary.

Absolutely Dave.....
He was a revolutionary influence, that is my point.
Incrementalism until it become the norm, then its pushed further down that path under the guise of progress.

Let me link those two words, and pay attention to your first thoughts....

Progressive Revolution.

Is it what it is, or what we want it to be/mean?    

Ponder its vast utilization, implication, as a means to direct societal movement.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 11/30/18 at 11:26:31

At the gas station there is a red button on the wall.
Emergency Shutoff...

Considering the obvious fact that electronic stuff Can fail, it seems reasonable to allow the pilot easy and immediate relief from a wrestling match with Suicidal Hal.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #33 - 11/30/18 at 16:53:05

Justin,
That used to be true, but it is not quite true any more. It was never true on an Airbus. The very first crash of an Airbus was, in my opinion, caused by the designers. The poor Air France captain who was demonstrating the aircraft tried to "fly" the aircraft just like he had always done. However, the engineers had other ideas and the aircraft ended up crashing into the trees at the end of the runway in spite of the fact that he added power in plenty of time to execute a flyby type of go around. Some members of the press were killed.

Anyway, he ended up being blamed and it was the end of his career. Big money ruled. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #34 - 11/30/18 at 22:26:00

OK ,

So , I go to the car dealer and pick out a new car.  Then ask the sales person "Wait a minute, is this one of those Drive-by-wire cars" ?   Or New Bike !

Should it hurt the sales person's feelings when I say " well I don't want it then" ?

Maybe , I'll just keep my old truck ?  and stay OFF the Airplane's

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #35 - 11/30/18 at 23:11:57

I won't get on a plane. I seriously enjoy flying, but I'm not getting abused by the tsa to get on a plane.
I'd go to jail for bashing someone in the face.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #36 - 12/01/18 at 09:53:37

Engineers will always push limits, I think of the early Comet crashes and didn't one of the piston engined Douglas aircraft have some fuel issue which caused planes to catch fire? Having said that, I would prefer an older well established type of aircraft.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:36:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › WOW...  this is ugly.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.