Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
California's on fire...again. (Read 76 times)
WunGun

No cage

Modesto, Ca
California's on fire...again.
11/20/18 at 14:15:45

There are some hot deals on the market. I think I got a tear on this one but hey at least he has a sense of humor.
https://chico.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2004-road-king/6752687056.html

Life should not take you smoothly to your grave in a well preserved body, life should make you come screeching in sideways saying "Holy Sh*t! What a ride."
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: California's on fire...again.
Reply #1 - 11/20/18 at 14:29:04

The seat looks a little worse for wear too...

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/20/18 at 16:10:57

I dunno you guys.....
Lots of lives/families ruined right now.
I like to laugh just as much as the next guy, but some filters are needed I feel, sorry.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WunGun

No cage

Modesto, Ca
Reply #3 - 11/20/18 at 23:00:12

I hear you but humor is a form of medicine. Where I live looks like constant fog everyday, and its not fog. Many of us around here make light hearted jokes but please don't take it as mocking or insincerity.

Life should not take you smoothly to your grave in a well preserved body, life should make you come screeching in sideways saying "Holy Sh*t! What a ride."
  IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #4 - 11/21/18 at 03:30:01

Yea, a bit of humor is needed sometimes, but carefully.  Just after WW1 there were massive fires in Minnesota, my grandfather who was national guard at the time was tasked after the fires were over to go down wells on peoples property to haul out the bodies of those who jumped in in a attempt to survive the fires. He had to joke to keep from going crazy from the horror he saw, for some of those were pretty ripe by the time my granddad could get a rope around them.

This experience I think helped him during the time he commanded a battalion during the second world war.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/21/18 at 07:43:41

I don't know, I'm saddened over what these people are going through.  Sometimes I think that maybe humans are unfit for California it should just be a big national park.

That said, I wonder how much they want for the refrigerator????  Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 11/21/18 at 08:04:21

Just to clarify guys......

Believe me when I say I have used humor in my life, when I wasn’t using booze, to get over some rough spots, I am all to familiar with it’s use....
I am not casting blame, fault, judgement, at what I said/shared.
I am merely offering just another perspective, for we readily see how humor can ease our discomfort, but be aware it might come at a cost to others who are in fact, struggling with their serenity at the moment because of the misfortune of these fires....

All one has to do is slip one board down, visit that room/board, to see how counterproductive self justification, for whatever reason,
causes conflict and ill feelings.

I hope that helps in explaining where I was coming from....

And finally, I hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving......
Just don’t burn the turkey  Wink

Peace  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #7 - 11/21/18 at 09:15:38

If I burn my turkey I can just toss it out the door into the 2+ feet of snow in my yard .  Smiley

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 11/21/18 at 09:25:09

2 feet of snow already.... wow.
Forecasting snow here this weekend up higher, not at sea level, thank goodness 😅

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 11/22/18 at 12:16:43

Not much humor to be found in Paradise CA ,population 27,000. The entire city burnt to the ground , maybe a dozen random homes still standing. And several other communities affected by this fire. Death toll is sure to go higher , about 85 now. They were lucky the fire burnt down the mountain ,
If the fire would have burned up the mountain it would have trapped all those people blocking the 2 roads they used to escape , nothing but wilderness beyond those cities. It could have been worse ! Some 15,000 structures destroyed. Some bad fires in So CA too!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
WunGun

No cage

Modesto, Ca
Reply #10 - 11/23/18 at 13:09:35

We are always on fire. We even made a website devoted to it.
http://iscaliforniaonfire.com/

Its helpful.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:46:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › California's on fire...again.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.