Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2013 Suzuki s40 drag bars (Read 84 times)
Gettinlucky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

2013 Suzuki s40 drag bars
11/19/18 at 18:46:11

Hello. Does anyone recommend a handlebars that I can swap on later model Suzuki. I feel so cramped. I flipped the risers backward and it felt more comfortable but I would like another 1-2 inch rise.
How much room do I have before I have to switch the cables (which i would like to avoid). Show pics please if you have them!

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: 2013 Suzuki s40 drag bars
Reply #1 - 11/19/18 at 21:14:02

Hi: Lots of choice here. RYCA tracker bars, $34, work well after you remove and toss the stock risers. You can use the bottom of the stock handlebar clamp directly on the top tree with 10mm bolts. Looks good, works good. Cheers! Cool
ps:  Or, you can just toss the stock risers and put the drag bar on directly as above. You will need 2 10mm bolts and possibly 2 short spacers.
Or:  Z bars!!!
clarification:  10mm bolt = 10mm socket head cap screw!

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2 - 11/19/18 at 23:30:46

I've played around a lot with the handlebar setup. I found that these 'Z' bars were about as tall as I could go without replacing cables. They create a similar setup to the stock tall risers and stock drag bars. However they are a little less pulled back and you can rotate them forward or backward to suit your needs. They have a 6' rise.

They created a comfortable upright ride, but in the end, I switched to wider, less pulled back drag bars and some 40 mm custom risers that I made for myself from some aluminium bar - I like to lean forward a little bit.

It's worth noting, if you are going to make custom risers, and therefore use longer bolts, then you'll have to grind the hex-heads on top of the bolts because the space in the clamps is smaller than standard bolt heads.

For this setup, I used some handlebar clamps from the older style Savage - the ones that mounted the old buckhorn handlebars.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #3 - 11/19/18 at 23:35:02

For the sake of comparison, here are three setups"

Top = stock
Middle = Triumph Superbars on old style clamps
Bottom = 'Z' Bars on old style clamps

Another alternative would be to use custom risers with the Superbars to lift them a bit.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #4 - 11/19/18 at 23:41:05

And finally ... this is the setup I run with now: Wider drag bars (30") with less pull back than the stock bars. The risers are just a couple of pieces of aluminium bar (40 mm long and 25 mm (1") diameter - I drilled a 10 mm hole down the centre of the bar and polished them up). Then I got longer bolts (make sure they are "suspension rated" - you want them to bend, not snap, if they happen to fail.)

I think 40 mm is about as short as you can go with risers before the control boxes on the handlebars hit the tank on full turn.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 16:19:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2013 Suzuki s40 drag bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.