Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Trump wants ID to buy a box of cornflakes. (Read 197 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Trump wants ID to buy a box of cornflakes.
11/14/18 at 23:07:28

No, this is not a joke, he really said that while launching into another one of his crazypants conspiracies.

“When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything.

He also called for new national ID laws with a bizarre assertion: “If you buy a box of cereal – you have a voter ID.”

wtf does 'nobody takes anything' even mean.

I don't think it has dawned on him yet that the Democrats are in charge of the House and nobody give a fcuk anymore about his off the wall troll comments. It's not even January yet.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trump wants ID to buy a box of cornflakes.
Reply #1 - 11/15/18 at 06:45:01

I find it interesting that someone that lives in a country that is minimally influenced by Trump by comparison is so vocal about his interactions.

Do you do business in the US or something?  I'm not "trolling" or otherwise attempting to place value good or bad into the presentations you make here, I am genuinely curious as I do not have any associates overseas that are invested in Trump beyond how his policies directly impact their business.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 11/15/18 at 08:45:39

I think American politics is like an unbelievable soap opera to the rest of the world,... with elements of a train wreck that you just can't look away from.
And, amongst the insanity, people know what happens here has influence in the rest of the world.

Why do we watch reality shows?... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/15/18 at 10:55:53

I was going to post something similar to Eau.  He beat me to the punch.

Eegore - good question.

Additionally, I think Sero has a point.  We've become a reality TV show to the rest of the world.

I guess it fits - we have a reality TV show host for a president...

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #4 - 11/15/18 at 12:43:47

Eegore, er you *are* trolling, because you know full well, that the US has dragged Australia into more than one war. That's just one point. Australia is very closely aligned with the US and decision they make directly affect they sycophants in this country. When Trump empowers some of the most dangerous authoritarian leaders in the world, he makes the world more dangerous for everyone.

We now live in a global village, which is ironic as the US is now pushing a nationalist agenda. To feign surprise that the world pays attention to nutty things the US does is disingenuous. Remember that it was the US who pushed for the invasion of Iraq, a decision that was not really theirs to call, but call it they did and the world is not a more dangerous place for everyone.

What is the point of this thread I started, why is cornflakes relevant to me. Well I hoped it would be obvious but I'm going to explain anyway. The quote is just another example that the leader of the currently most powerful nation on Earth, is as has been pointed out continuously, 'unhinged'.

But for me personally the most damaging aspect of Trump's chaotic and weird presidency is his misogyny, which is exactly the root cause of all the world's problems. Note how few women post on these boards. This is a microcosm of the larger world. The disenfranchisement of women. In politics and in life. So we now have the ludicrous situation where three people come into this thread who are not the usual suspects specifically to call me out on my 'interest' in 'your' country.

And I will note Eegore, that you also came in to a thread of mine some time ago to complain that I start too many threads for you to be able to put your valuable time into answering them. Which again was just you trolling while pretending that you were not trolling, as you have no qualm with endless bullsh!t threads started by you know who.

Also these are only reports from your own newspapers and these newspapers seek an international audience because once again I say the world is now a global village. As an example that comes to mind, the recent relocation of the US consulate to Jerusalem, has caused a bit of a kerfuffle between Indonesia and Australia.

Then there's the defence agreements, and the visa reciprocity where Australia enjoys special status with the US, that apparently the Irish are now trying to muscle their way into.

Far more curious to me is why this particular forum as opposed to any other forum that I would participate in allows, and has allowed and will continue to allow personal attacks as a normal part of the forum. I find that very strange especially considering this is a biking forum.

But if you three would like me to fcuk off the forum then I'm happy to do that.

One more thought on this,

The US has spend decades claiming to be the moral voice of the world, claiming to be the beacon of democracy, claiming to be the World's police. The leaders of free trade the antithesis of authoritarian regimes, the builder of alliances, and now you have elected a leader who abrogates all of this and you think it's no concern of the rest of the world? What are you going to do when Trump is gone, is the US going to say 'you can trust us again'. It will take decades to regain that trust, it won't all go back to normal when Trump is gone.

You voice concerns about a women's right to choose, but you allow a corrupt GOP to stack the courts for decades to come. In many ways the US is displaying the very traits of the country's that it has so long denigrated.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/15/18 at 12:54:05

I enjoy your posts Eau.  I'd recommend that you stay.

But I too was curious as to why an Australian would want or care to post here.

Thanks for the clarification.

(what's sad is that you have a better handle on the goings on here than many of my fellow countrymen...)

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #6 - 11/15/18 at 12:59:35

OK thanks TT,

I was just going to add as another example that when Trump empowers white nationalists and Nazis in the US he empowers those same people all over the world.

I am not angry at Trump I'm angry that an incompetent bumbling fool like him can be allowed to do so much damage. However I try to keep a perspective on this because as John Maynard Keynes said 'in the long run, we're all dead'. Therefore I'd prefer just to take a step back and observe the inherent humour in this madness. So I hope that answers sufficiently why I post the type of articles I do, which I might point out are generally from US sources

Trump is making lunacy, normal. Take the Jim Acosta incident, Huckerbee Sanders tried to claim he 'put his hands on an intern', using a doctored video obtained from the Infowars nut jobs. That is currently being argued in court and the WH is not claiming that any longer.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/15/18 at 13:05:57

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:59:35:
OK thanks TT,

I was just going to add as another example that when Trump empowers white nationalists and Nazis in the US he empowers those same people all over the world.

I am not angry at Trump I'm angry that an incompetent bumbling fool like him can be allowed to do so much damage. However I try to keep a perspective on this because as John Maynard Keynes said 'in the long run, we're all dead'. Therefore I'd prefer just to take a step back and observe the inherent humour in this madness.

You're lucky you're able to step back and observe.  Us folks living here in the US, have to hear this stuff every single day.  And every day I still find it tough to believe that anyone would be happy with trump as our president.  

But, complacency/apathy got us here - so we have to take our lumps.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 11/15/18 at 13:23:35

eau de sauvage wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:59:35:
OK thanks TT,
I was just going to add as another example that when Trump empowers white nationalists and Nazis in the US he empowers those same people all over the world. I am not angry at Trump I'm angry that an incompetent bumbling fool like him can be allowed to do so much damage. However I try to keep a perspective on this because as John Maynard Keynes said 'in the long run, we're all dead'. Therefore I'd prefer just to take a step back and observe the inherent humour in this madness. So I hope that answers sufficiently why I post the type of articles I do, which I might point out are generally from US sources  Trump is making lunacy, normal. Take the Jim Acosta incident, Huckerbee Sanders tried to claim he 'put his hands on an intern', using a doctored video obtained from the Infowars nut jobs. That is currently being argued in court and the WH is not claiming that any longer.

eds, that post was SO good,
It sounded just like tt was
talking to him/herself.

Great Job !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #9 - 11/15/18 at 13:59:28

@Eegore,

I'll be expecting you to weigh in on Mn's typical troll post, please explain why you don't comment on those endless types of post that only serve to troll the forum.

I tingle with anticipation at your considered reply.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 11/15/18 at 14:07:18

I tingle with anticipation at your considered reply.

I hear Harbor Freight has a sale on knee pads.      

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/15/18 at 14:23:45

"And I will note Eegore, that you also came in to a thread of mine some time ago to complain that I start too many threads for you to be able to put your valuable time into answering them. Which again was just you trolling while pretending that you were not trolling, as you have no qualm with endless bullsh!t threads started by you know who."

Incorrect.  I was not complaining as I indicated when you started insulting me by asking you, respectfully, a question.  I was asking a question about if you wanted researched replies on all topics, that was it.  That was the totality of the reason for me asking you a question, I have not insulted, trolled, or otherwise attempted to emotionally invest myself into any forum member here, you are no exception.

Also on more than one occasion I have confronted individuals who post on here, wait 45 minutes and start insulting people because they didn't get a reply.  Multiple occasions I have done this.  On more than one occasion I have referenced that people sleep, and as such may not be able to reply to some erratic post at 2am.  On multiple occasions I have done this.

As for this topic it makes more sense as to why you bring these subject matters up here.  Thank you for your clarification as I did not consider that Australia had no choice regarding joining wars with the US among other influences.  

As for Trump's statements, where I am from people just dismiss most of what he says anymore.  ID's for Cornflakes is just another stupid thing the President said that isn't going to happen is basically the attitude, but that's just the people I am around.  Policy in writing however is a different story.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #12 - 11/15/18 at 14:53:45

Eegore,

"Thank you for your clarification as I did not consider that Australia had no choice regarding joining wars with the US among other influences."  

You're not only trolling but you're a sly troll too, as the above quote shows. I could question the obvious sarcasm and the implicit stupidity inherent in that statement. But then I'd have to hear your unctuous explanations.

In my opinion you are the most absolutely boorish troll I've seen on any forum anywhere. And I mean that sincerely. The reason is that, while my feeling on JoG, Mn, Wm etc are so obvious that I need not state them, at least there is an honesty in their dishonesty if that makes sense. No one else on these boards except for you tries to troll without committing yourself. Then when called on it, you give one of your standard bullsh!t replies that tend to keep everyone happy.

You attempt to cultivate a veneer of equanimity. But really you're just a sly troll. I'm just calling you on it. You have most people fooled into thinking you are the voice of reason. But you're just a sly little troll. I'd much prefer to engage with WM, JoG and Mn, than yourself. When JoG doesn't abuse as he's now decided to do, then it's possible to engage with him, you on the other hand are as slippery as a greased eel.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 11/15/18 at 14:54:04

hy·per·bo·le
[hīˈpərbəlē]
NOUN
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Take him
Seriously
Not
Literally

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #14 - 11/15/18 at 14:59:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/15/18 at 14:54:04:
hy·per·bo·le
[hīˈpərbəlē]
NOUN
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Take him
Seriously
Not
Literally

JoG, obviously he cannot do it, but equally obviously it's not really hyperbole, it's just a really really weird thing to say. And what Trump has succeeded in doing is making the exceedingly weird seem normal.

Like Trump or loathe him, his trashing of all norms of etiquette is not what we expect of a person in his position. Trump wants to normalise trashing the office of the DoJ and the FBI. It will take a decade to undo the damage he's done to American Institutions.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 04:27:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump wants ID to buy a box of cornflakes.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.