Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: Which one works? (Read 131 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Which one works?
11/12/18 at 11:22:49

this exaggerates the reality, and makes the extremes seem the only options, when in reality, we have a middle ground that we can take

"Tomasky seems not to know that the boom of the 1940s to at least the 60s was set off by a decline of well over 50% in government spending in the immediate aftermath of World War II (1945-47)."

I don't think a 50% reduction in military spending is necessary but we could easily do 25%, but I don't think Trump would allow that, do you?

" Isn’t it obvious that the real game to use government revenues to buy enough votes to support more and more programs and giveaways to provide more and more government sinecures and power for the cadres of the left?  "

isn't that what Republicans do with tax cuts?  only instead of giving the people programs, you give them money and a "good luck" and the idea "you know more about what to do with your money than the government (which you elect...) .

basically, I'd rather have healthcare and education for myself and my neighbor, than a few extra bucks in my pocket.  and other people are free to disagree, they aren't evil or heartless for disagreeing, and I'm not trying to destroy America because I care about the general welfare of America's citizens.

I'm totally open to compromise and reduce military spending by 15% and reduce the age for medicare to 55 and maybe 2 year colleges, or even less.  and yes, maybe some tax increases, say get rid of the SS tax cut off amount, and/or raise the age of SS to 70-72, idk, I'm open to seeing what the numbers would allow. I do want to keep the corporate tax rate in a competitive range and look at some of the deductions to revise them maybe.

see, look at all this middle ground and compromise...  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #1 - 11/13/18 at 15:45:22

Because you're a FUKKING IDIOT, you believe the government knows better how to spend your wages.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 11/14/18 at 03:04:41

FUKKING IDIOT

vocabulary is a indicator of one's true intellectual aptitude

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 11/14/18 at 06:14:05

thumperclone wrote on 11/14/18 at 03:04:41:
FUKKING IDIOT

vocabulary is a indicator of one's true intellectual aptitude

vocabulary is an indicator of ones true intellectual aptitude.

ap·ti·tude
[ˈaptəˌt(y)o͞od]
NOUN
a natural ability to do something.
"children with an aptitude for painting and drawing"
synonyms:
talent · skill · expertise · expertness · adeptness · aptitude · [more]
a natural tendency.
"the aptitude of this society to assimilate new elements"
synonyms:
talent · gift · flair · bent · skill · knack · facility · finesse · [more]
archaic
suitability or fitness.
"aptitude of expression"

That's just what stupid people say when they are losing.

I worked on your sentence. You can figure out what you were trying to say.
Aptitude just doesn't really fit there.
A before a word starting with a vowel?
And ones with an, not a, apostrophe isn't correct in that application. You,ignorantly,wrote
One is,

Another indicator of intellectual acuity is whether someone is able to learn. Maybe you should get into our history and understand how prosperous Americans were before the federal reserve and income taxes were foisted upon us.

Buncha fukkin idiots who would rather have high taxes than disposed income???Geeze Louise..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/14/18 at 06:35:38

Jog pointing out the grammar errors in thumper's post is evidence that vocabulary and grammar are in fact not necessarily evidence of intellectual aptitude.

Good rule of thumb, anytime somebody points out errors that do not alter the meaning of what was intended, that person has no real retort to the message. Oh, and they're a d!ck.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 11/14/18 at 06:49:15

I thought we were being our better selves?...
Cum'on guys,.. you can do better.

Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/14/18 at 09:54:54

pointing out grammar errors is d!ckish, no way around that. if we all sat around campfires every night singing kumbyya and someone did that, it'd still be d!ckish.

besides, you call everyone who disagrees with you a bigot or racist which is 10 times worse than being called a d!ck, so there's that.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/14/18 at 11:42:20

and the personal attacks come from which side here???  

yup, you know it

and you know, what do I know about military spending...  I"m a graphic artist, not a general, so, along those lines, what do I know about healthcare, civil engineering, police work,  etc...  there are LOTS of things we enjoy and need as a society that YES the government knows how to spend money better on.  

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/14/18 at 11:46:44

WebsterMark wrote on 11/14/18 at 09:54:54:
pointing out grammar errors is d!ckish, no way around that. if we all sat around campfires every night singing kumbyya and someone did that, it'd still be d!ckish.

besides, you call everyone who disagrees with you a bigot or racist which is 10 times worse than being called a d!ck, so there's that.

so, no condemnation of the personal vulgar attack....  just grammar nazis....  huh?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/14/18 at 11:49:10

I made a reasonable, open to negotiate reply, and I get attacked....

and you think the left is violent Web???

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 11/15/18 at 05:41:00

LostArtist wrote on 11/14/18 at 11:42:20:

yup, you know it

and you know, what do I know about military spending...  I"m a graphic artist, not a general, so, along those lines, what do I know about healthcare, civil engineering, police work,  etc...  there are LOTS of things we enjoy and need as a society that YES the government knows how to spend money better on.  

Calling me a racist bigot (which you've done) is a 10 on the personal attack scale.

And no, the government doesn't know how to spend money better  on anything, it's just they have a monopoly on certain aspects. Everything done by individual companies with a profit motive would be done better.
Note: this obviously doesn't include control of the military. Contractors already have too much influence.

When capitalism is introduced in a market, quality improves and prices go down.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/15/18 at 06:37:55

The original post was well presented and did not target any individual here.  How do you guys constantly turn what could be a normal discussion into personal attacks and then complain that the other side is violent?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/15/18 at 07:44:46

I didn't in this case until the grammar nazi popped up.

Cause I have a thing about grammar Nazis. They do it to compensate. There's simply no need to point out spelling or grammar errors.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 11/15/18 at 08:48:47

Are you calling me a Nazi?... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 11/15/18 at 13:32:19

WebsterMark wrote on 11/15/18 at 05:41:00:
LostArtist wrote on 11/14/18 at 11:42:20:

yup, you know it

Calling me a racist bigot (which you've done) is a 10 on the personal attack scale.

I believe I just pointed to your words and said, that they seem to open to that attack, I"m not sure I've ever straight up called you a racist or bigot, (and if I have, no, I'm not apologizing, cause all evidence indicates that you like "telling it like it is" so deal with it buttercup, you've attributed all kinds of evil to me as well) saying that your words are coming close to being interpreted that way isn't a personal attack, it's an education about your words and how some might take them.

And no, the government doesn't know how to spend money better  on anything, it's just they have a monopoly on certain aspects. Everything done by individual companies with a profit motive would be done better.
Note: this obviously doesn't include control of the military. Contractors already have too much influence.

When capitalism is introduced in a market, quality improves and prices go down.

so, in highly oligarchically controlled markets, like military and healthcare and telecommunications to name a few...   is it wrong to turn to government to fix those?  I understand that the government is part of the problem there, but since we actually have a voice in government, that's the only part of it we can control even in the slightest. that's the only thing we can do

"Private" healthcare working in a capitalistic marketplace wasn't going down in prices before Obamacare (nor did it after cause Obamacare sucks and was a huge handout to insurance agencies). as I've said, I'm not against allowing INS to sell across state lines, but that's only part of the problem, it'll help some, I hope....  but people will still be priced out and with the secret pricing and captured markets of healthcare, it doesn't respond to normal  capitalistic forces.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 15:04:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: Which one works?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.