Good Guys With Guns (Read 628 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Good Guys With Guns
11/09/18 at 11:24:48

Stopped this guy:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/09/melbourne-bourke-stree...

Now... can you imagine if this lunatic had a gun?

More guns is not the answer.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Good Guys With Guns
Reply #1 - 11/09/18 at 12:10:16

When you call the cops
They
BRING

MOAH

GUNZZZ

Why not just let

MOAH
PEOPLE
Have guns?
The ratio of crazed,homicidal maniac to
Normal, peace loving people who respect life is really low.
More decent people prepared to defend the lives of others, and themselves, would be like
Well, gee, like having cops with guns,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/09/18 at 12:24:55

I know when we do our active shooter exercises, scenario on up and ask the question if anyone would like to have a gun, the answer is typically yes.  When faced with imminent harm, most people will want an equal or superior method of defense.

So I think the issue isn't if people should have guns, but if that is the only answer to the problem of active shooters.

Good guy with a gun has its place but to say that's the only answer is not accurate and this is why a lot of people end up in arguments that go nowhere.  

While safe at home my argument is more people should carry guns, so there's ample defense against a lunatic.  Problem solved.

While safe at home my argument is there should be less guns, less availability so I don't have to defend myself against a lunatic with a gun.  Problem solved.

Both of those go nowhere.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/09/18 at 14:27:21

Eegore wrote on 11/09/18 at 12:24:55:
 I know when we do our active shooter exercises, scenario on up and ask the question if anyone would like to have a gun, the answer is typically yes.  When faced with imminent harm, most people will want an equal or superior method of defense.

So I think the issue isn't if people should have guns, but if that is the only answer to the problem of active shooters.

Good guy with a gun has its place but to say that's the only answer is not accurate and this is why a lot of people end up in arguments that go nowhere.  

While safe at home my argument is more people should carry guns, so there's ample defense against a lunatic.  Problem solved.

While safe at home my argument is there should be less guns, less availability so I don't have to defend myself against a lunatic with a gun.  Problem solved.

Both of those go nowhere.

Yes and no Eegore.

What path have we been on in this country?  We have more guns per capita than any country on the Planet.

You can see how that's worked out so far.

We lead the world in gun deaths by suicide and we're number 10 on the most overall per capita - in such great company as Colombia, Guatemala and El Salvador...

I say it's time to take a different tack.

Instead of "thoughts and prayers", how about common sense gun control?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 11/09/18 at 14:35:56

T And T Garage wrote on 11/09/18 at 14:27:21:

Somehow it's common sense for the law abiding to be defenseless against criminals.

Even security is prevented from having weapons.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/09/18 at 14:42:17

verslagen1 wrote on 11/09/18 at 14:35:56:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/09/18 at 14:27:21:

Somehow it's common sense for the law abiding to be defenseless against criminals.

Even security is prevented from having weapons.

Watch the Jim Jefferys skit on guns and Americans.

If you want to "protect" yourself and need a gun - maybe you should think about another neighborhood/state.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/09/18 at 14:48:41

"Instead of "thoughts and prayers", how about common sense gun control?"

I've not offered thoughts and prayers.  The portion of my post indicating that more guns is not the single problem solving answer is intended to indicate that more avenues should be taken than singularly adding more guns to more citizens as a complete resolution to the problem.

Also the portion of my post indicating that less availability of guns is not the single problem solving answer was meant to indicate that gun control is not a complete resolution to the problem.

When someone says "Common sense gun control" I rarely get any information that doesn't already exist in firearm control laws today.  My question is what do you do to remove the millions of guns in circulation today?  How do you get those guns away from the legal owners that want to keep them, and the criminals that also want to keep them?

To me this is like making heroine more illegal and expecting all the drug dealers with crates and crates of it to give it up and get money elsewhere.  Also by making it more illegal it will reduce addiction rates biologically in our brains, make high-school kids less influenced by media, and poor communities more affluent and capable of making high volumes of cash in more productive ways.  

All we have to do is make more common sense heroine control laws.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/09/18 at 16:16:19

The unknown and unacknowledged part of the equation is
When the
Gun Free Zones diminish in number
And
The percentage of average people who are carrying increases

Will that have an impact on the
Crazy Shooters who are somehow able to DO their shootings where
A FUKKING MAZINGLY
NOBODY else is armed?

Isn't it amazing how many crazy people are able to find places to kill people where it is illegal to be armed?
Gee, isn't that something?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/09/18 at 18:08:45

Eegore wrote on 11/09/18 at 14:48:41:
"Instead of "thoughts and prayers", how about common sense gun control?"

I've not offered thoughts and prayers.  The portion of my post indicating that more guns is not the single problem solving answer is intended to indicate that more avenues should be taken than singularly adding more guns to more citizens as a complete resolution to the problem.

Also the portion of my post indicating that less availability of guns is not the single problem solving answer was meant to indicate that gun control is not a complete resolution to the problem.

When someone says "Common sense gun control" I rarely get any information that doesn't already exist in firearm control laws today.  My question is what do you do to remove the millions of guns in circulation today?  How do you get those guns away from the legal owners that want to keep them, and the criminals that also want to keep them?

Not much you can do to get them back.  I don't think we should anyway.

Common sense gun control is just that - control.  But control at the federal level.

To me this is like making heroine more illegal and expecting all the drug dealers with crates and crates of it to give it up and get money elsewhere.

Terrible strawman Eegore.  The fact is, guns are legal, heroin is not.

I know you're astute and you can easily find out what I mean when I say "common sense gun control".

Also by making it more illegal it will reduce addiction rates biologically in our brains, make high-school kids less influenced by media, and poor communities more affluent and capable of making high volumes of cash in more productive ways.  

All we have to do is make more common sense heroine control laws.

Again, that's a strawman...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/09/18 at 19:44:23

"I know you're astute and you can easily find out what I mean when I say "common sense gun control"."

Actually I can't, I would like actual examples as I have never seen a social problem solved by common sense being used in the methodology without specifics utilized in the implementation of change.

My point is that "common sense gun laws" is something is rarely answered with specifics, and when it is, the law already exists.

So more laws, just like any other substance, item, method, action, or version thereof that is legal or illegal is not maintained in a way that results in less abuse by means of law alone.  

How by making more gun laws will we get guns out of circulation?

How by making more gun laws will we address mental illness?

How by making more gun laws will we reduce the availability of guns on the street?

How by making more gun laws will you protect yourself, or your family from someone with a gun?

Just use common sense isn't an answer to that.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 11/10/18 at 06:42:20

Eegore wrote on 11/09/18 at 19:44:23:
"I know you're astute and you can easily find out what I mean when I say "common sense gun control"."

Actually I can't, I would like actual examples as I have never seen a social problem solved by common sense being used in the methodology without specifics utilized in the implementation of change.

Sadly Eegore, I can't provide you with any examples here in the states because there have been no significant changes to the federal laws.

I can only point to extreme examples like Australia.

My point is that "common sense gun laws" is something is rarely answered with specifics, and when it is, the law already exists.

But not at the federal level.  Some examples:

A national Permit to purchase.
Tort reform aimed at unsafe manufacturers.
Federally enforced denial criteria to include violent misdemeanors - closing any local/state loopholes

That's just three simple ones at the federal level that would make great strides.

So more laws, just like any other substance, item, method, action, or version thereof that is legal or illegal is not maintained in a way that results in less abuse by means of law alone.  

How by making more gun laws will we get guns out of circulation?

We won't - and that is not the intent.  The intent is to make owners and potential owners more accountable for what they have.

How by making more gun laws will we address mental illness?

No, of course not.  However putting back the regulation that the trump administration took away (H.J. Res 40) - the regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun - would be a step in the right direction.

How by making more gun laws will we reduce the availability of guns on the street?

By making those who own them, more accountable.  Again, I have to ask - how's the current system working?

How by making more gun laws will you protect yourself, or your family from someone with a gun?

Well, I actually do own guns.  But to think that I own them for personal protection is kind of absurd.  I like to shoot.  Just like probably 99% of all gun owners.

I go back to Jim Jefferies - even though he's a comedian, he's got great points about gun ownership.

I mean, are you really that paranoid that you're going to face someone in your own home that wants to kill you?  What kind of person are you?  Where the hell do you live?  In a country of 300 million people, how many are being killed in their homes by guns from a home invasion scenario?

That kind of paranoia is being taught to the rabid "from my cold, dead hands" gun owners.  It's complete BS.  I'm surprised that someone with your obvious intelligence can't see through that and is swallowing the pablum of the likes of the nra.

And again, I'm not abdicating that we "go get the guns" like Australia, but what we've done so far in this country has done no good, has it?

Just use common sense isn't an answer to that.

No, but common sense gun laws are.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 11/10/18 at 09:15:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/09/18 at 16:16:19:
When the
And

A FUKKING MAZINGLY
NOBODY else is armed?

Isn't it amazing how many crazy people are able to find places to kill people where it is illegal to be armed?

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 11/10/18 at 09:25:37

I like the argument that America has too many guns in circulation to outlaw guns like Europe,...
...so the solution is more guns.

The civilized world thinks we're insane.
Makes ya' proud, don'it?... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/10/18 at 09:40:03

Then fricken leave.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 11/10/18 at 13:35:59

Serowbot wrote on 11/10/18 at 09:15:21:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/09/18 at 16:16:19:
When the
And

A FUKKING MAZINGLY
NOBODY else is armed?

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

Liar.
I've explained how to change the equation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 03:34:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Good Guys With Guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.