Send Topic Print
Proclamation (Read 122 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Proclamation
Reply #15 - 11/09/18 at 08:46:55

Lot of Canadians streaming across the border.......???

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 11/09/18 at 09:08:03

Serowbot wrote on 11/09/18 at 08:11:27:
Your credibility was lost with "Porch "N"...

You lost the debate, right there.
You can not defeat the logic, so you pretend I'm abhorrent.
Screw that.
You have nothing to defend your position.
But don't learn how to discern the difference between racism and law.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/09/18 at 11:02:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/09/18 at 07:46:21:
Who decided
What America Stands For?
The immigration laws?

No.  What does it say on Ellis Island?  What is this country composed of?  How did they get here?  Why did millions come here from different countries?  Why do they call us the melting pot?

What the hell do you think America is?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/09/18 at 11:15:58

Eegore wrote on 11/09/18 at 08:03:51:
 So a lot of this reminds me of my time working in a medical center where ER admissions are handled by level of acuity not by first come first serve.

To work around ED wait times people would claim "chest pain" and get bumped to the front of the line.  The metrics would show that heart attacks and strokes were through the roof, but the real issue was people lying to get in faster.  

I wonder if we let 2000 immigrants walk in and offer asylum to them how many more will start showing up, lying to get in.

Since World War II, more refugees have found homes in the U.S. than any other nation and more than two million refugees have arrived in the U.S. since 1980. In the years 2005 through 2007, the number of asylum seekers accepted into the U.S. was about 40,000 per year.
Wikipedia

On average, the US has granted asylum to about 25,000 per year since 2005.  In the period of 2001 and '02 - there were over 70,000.

We have the capacity.  What's more - most of these refugees become taxpayers and contribute to our country in a positive way.

IMHO - this is nothing but posturing from an impotent president.

Some great reading here:

htt://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/30/key-facts-about-refugees-to-th...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 11/09/18 at 12:22:41

T And T Garage wrote on 11/09/18 at 11:02:20:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/09/18 at 07:46:21:
Who decided
What America Stands For?
The immigration laws?

No.  What does it say on Ellis Island?  What is this country composed of?  How did they get here?  Why did millions come here from different countries?  Why do they call us the melting pot?

What the hell do you think America is?

Some poet writing sweet platitudes doesn't make immigration law.

Let's play
Fair

How many people actually spent the time to approach America and enter legally?
What does it say to them if we just say
You're here, you're angry, and you want in.

Okay,

Really?
Gosh, all those Latinos who DON'T want to open the border are So Racist..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/09/18 at 12:36:26

"We have the capacity.  What's more - most of these refugees become taxpayers and contribute to our country in a positive way."

I'm not contending that we are out of space, or resources in general, I am asking if we should offer asylum to anyone that claims it, even if they are lying.

By that logic we shouldn't have asylum at all and just allocate more taxes to creating a safe method to move large amounts of immigrants into the US.

The ER has the capacity to treat patients, but should they treat any patient that says they have "chest pain" first, even if they do not have that symptom?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 11/09/18 at 13:12:38

Eegore wrote on 11/09/18 at 12:36:26:
"We have the capacity.  What's more - most of these refugees become taxpayers and contribute to our country in a positive way."

I'm not contending that we are out of space, or resources in general, I am asking if we should offer asylum to anyone that claims it, even if they are lying.

By that logic we shouldn't have asylum at all and just allocate more taxes to creating a safe method to move large amounts of immigrants into the US.

The ER has the capacity to treat patients, but should they treat any patient that says they have "chest pain" first, even if they do not have that symptom?

yes, cause you can't tell they are lying until it's too late

it's "do no harm," not "don't waste time"

and if you figure out they are lying, then you punish them AFTER

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/09/18 at 14:40:16

Eegore wrote on 11/09/18 at 12:36:26:

Well, were all those from Kosovo (in 2001 & 02) lying?  Who gave them polygraph tests?

Again, go back to the refugees from Kosovo.  Should we have turned them away?

Well Eegor, if a guy and his family are willing to walk 1000 miles to get away from whatever it is, I'd say that's a little different than faking chest pain.  Especially given the "warm" reception they're going to get from our politicians.

Taking these people into consideration (no, not letting them just march in) is what this country is all about.

Xenophobia is ugly.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 11/09/18 at 16:19:50

Xenophobia is ugly.

Uhh, whose fault is it that immigrants are

USUALLY NOT AMERICANS?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/09/18 at 18:14:01

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/09/18 at 16:19:50:
Xenophobia is ugly.

USUALLY NOT AMERICANS?

Hey jog - how much of a stink did you put up in '01 & '02 when we took in tens of thousands from Europe, hmmm?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 11/09/18 at 19:14:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/09/18 at 16:19:50:
Xenophobia is ugly.

USUALLY NOT AMERICANS?

Webster's....   that dictionary guy, the summbitch...   always screwing with your werds.... yo!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 03:18:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Proclamation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.