Send Topic Print
As Predicted (Read 145 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

As Predicted
11/07/18 at 05:21:52

You know, I remember saying (tongue in cheek) that "I hate being right".

That's obvious BS.  I love being right!  

All along I (and pretty much every poll) have said that the democrats would probably win the House and the republicans would probably retain the Senate.  Well, here we are!

Now, what I didn't expect are the huge wins of diversity!  Native American Women, Muslim Women, a gay Governor and an African American nurse/first time politician against a 3 term republican.

Some other nice surprises - no more scott in WI and a few other nice wins in Midwestern state's governor races.

So - the House is now more representative of the overall makeup of this nation.

Now the real work begins.

(psst, hey trump, we're gonna get your tax returns!)

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: As Predicted
Reply #1 - 11/07/18 at 05:30:40

Oh, and although it would be soooo easy, I'm going to resist the urge to shove the House take-back in anyone's face.

You're welcome.

Cheesy

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/07/18 at 06:14:01

House seats lost midterm since WWII

Obama 2010 -63
Clinton 1994 -52
Eisenhower 1954 -48
Ford 1974 - 48
Johnson 1966 - 47
Truman 1946 -45
Bush 2006 -30
Truman 1950 -29
Reagan 1982 -26
Trump 2018 -26

Current Democrats under performed.

If they misinterpret these results as something other than they were, they'll have a very short time at the top.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/07/18 at 07:42:42

WebsterMark wrote on 11/07/18 at 06:14:01:

Obama 2010 -63
Clinton 1994 -52
Eisenhower 1954 -48
Ford 1974 - 48
Johnson 1966 - 47
Truman 1946 -45
Bush 2006 -30
Truman 1950 -29
Reagan 1982 -26
Trump 2018 -26

If they misinterpret these results as something other than they were, they'll have a very short time at the top.

LOL - I see what you're doing mark.

I understand.

That's OK.  The democrats won the house and many inroads at the state and local levels.

I can see the forest from the trees.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/07/18 at 07:57:50

WebsterMark wrote on 11/07/18 at 06:14:01:

Obama 2010 -63
Clinton 1994 -52
Eisenhower 1954 -48
Ford 1974 - 48
Johnson 1966 - 47
Truman 1946 -45
Bush 2006 -30
Truman 1950 -29
Reagan 1982 -26
Trump 2018 -26

weren't you saying just months ago that you thought the Republicans were going to win and gain seats in both houses????  that there was going to be a RED WAVE, and that you didn't know a single person voting blue....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/07/18 at 08:13:47

weren't you saying just months ago that you thought the Republicans were going to win and gain seats in both houses????  that there was going to be a RED WAVE, and that you didn't know a single person voting blue....

No.
Said I didn't feel confident enough to bet either way.
I'm sure I never used the phrase RED WAVE. (unless it was a joke)
Never said I don't know anyone voting blue. I said I don't personally know  anyone who supported Trump who was now against him, but Trump wasn't a candidate.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/07/18 at 08:22:15

I see what you're doing mark.

I'm pointing out the obvious. From a historical point of view, this is pretty far down the list of midterm results. It in no way compares to the repudiation Obama got in 2010 or Clinton in 1994.

But what's also obvious is it was a party shift in power for the House.  It's their football to run with now so we'll see what strategy they go for.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/07/18 at 08:41:21

WebsterMark wrote on 11/07/18 at 08:13:47:

No.
Said I didn't feel confident enough to bet either way.
I'm sure I never used the phrase RED WAVE. (unless it was a joke)
Never said I don't know anyone voting blue. I said I don't personally know  anyone who supported Trump who was now against him, but Trump wasn't a candidate.

you've said time and time again, you don't know any lefties like you see here... well, look at the map...  

democrats won in a lot of places they shouldn't have even had a chance, it's the moderate lefties that lost. Except Lamb in PA, but generally...  the more liberal lefties, if they didn't win,  made difficult races interesting, Beto in Texas, Millum in Florida, Abrams in Georgia, etc...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/07/18 at 09:01:49

you've said time and time again, you don't know any lefties like you see here... well, look at the map...

Just to be clear, I said nothing that you said I did. You should at least acknowledge that.

democrats won in a lot of places they shouldn't have even had a chance
Sure, perhaps that's true. but the opposite can also be true.  Given the level of absolute hatred towards Trump on this forum and what many of you said is indicative of the nation, the Republicans who in places they never should have, right?

Look, one thing to keep in mind, House races are more local, Senate races (while State offices) are more national in scope. If you read the House results as an invitation to attack against Trump and they use their two years following that strategy, they'll likely lose in two years. The only way that doesn't happen is if the Mueller report comes out with clean and convincing proof of Trump being a traitor.  And that's not going to happen.

My early prediction is they'll be 'talk' of impeachment from some of the fringe nutjob Democrats, but it will be just talk. Democrats have a tough couple of years ahead of them. If they make the slightest miscalculation, they're screwed. It would be a 'yuge' mistake to think you've got Trump on the ropes.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/07/18 at 09:21:46

WebsterMark wrote on 11/07/18 at 08:22:15:
I see what you're doing mark.

I'm pointing out the obvious. From a historical point of view, this is pretty far down the list of midterm results. It in no way compares to the repudiation Obama got in 2010 or Clinton in 1994.

But what's also obvious is it was a party shift in power for the House.  It's their football to run with now so we'll see what strategy they go for.

I'd say the game plan is getting trump's taxes and looking into his ties with russia.

Impeachment might not be the best thing politically at the moment, but I'd sure love to see it.

Then we can go to work on the important issues.  Medicare for all, immigration reform, etc.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 11/07/18 at 09:29:11

Reports have been that Trump is bouncing off the walls in frustration in the WH...
Now, with an opposing House to deal with,.. he may be bashing his head through those walls.

I find that contenting.  
We didn't win yuge,... but we did get a rope around that bull in the china shop...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/07/18 at 09:37:20

Reports have been that Trump is bouncing off the walls in frustration in the WH...

I've seen a million news stories starting with "Reports.... or sources say... that have been Fake News so I take that with a grain of salt.

You didn't win yuge, but you've either started a trend that will bring him great difficulty, or this was nothing but a speed bump.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/07/18 at 09:37:53

I'd say the game plan is getting trump's taxes and looking into his ties with russia

yes, please pursue that.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/07/18 at 09:44:02

WebsterMark wrote on 11/07/18 at 09:37:53:
I'd say the game plan is getting trump's taxes and looking into his ties with russia

yes, please pursue that.....

I can tell you're being sarcastic mark - but again, I understand.

I think it's safe to assume that you think it's folly.  You go right ahead and think that if you'd like.

One thing is for certain.  The back story on trump will not be a pretty one.  At its core, there are tons of shady happenings.  Do you think he's kept his taxes secret for no reason?  You think he's doing it to p!ss off the dems?  Think again.

There are more reasons than not to believe that he's in neck deep with russian oligarchs and money laundering.

Like the midterms, I guess we'll see...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/07/18 at 09:52:22

Do you think he's kept his taxes secret for no reason?

I know why.

There are more reasons than not to believe that he's in neck deep with russian oligarchs and money laundering.

Coming from a guy who thought a high school Jr organized gang rapes with hundreds of people involved and no one found out until now, that doesn't really mean anything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 06:38:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › As Predicted

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.