Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A new city.......would you invest? (Read 146 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: A new city.......would you invest?
Reply #15 - 11/06/18 at 09:24:29

I would love to see less waste (too much plastic security packaging and bottled water), less energy abuse (too many monster trucks and SUV's with a single occupant), and less urban sprawl.

However....I kinda' get the feeling that I would not fit in well with my neighbors - as I would likely be the red neck/hell raising outlaw in the group.

They would not like my single cylinder noise maker that lacks social graces, has no modern accessories, and is not EPA compliant!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 11/06/18 at 10:03:43

Oh they would force you to have an Ebike that you'd turn into a cafe, or give it up entirely and resort to psyc evals and drugs.  
I'm not ready for stepford dave.

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/06/18 at 11:41:17

There is nowhere near enough information available for me to know if investing is a good idea.  Crypto-currency is really unstable, Blockchain is really unstable.

The idea is a good idea, we should look into more sustainable daily activities and infrastructure plus be willing to sacrifice to do it.  I'd contribute, but I wouldn't do it by investing, I'd have to be there doing something.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #18 - 11/06/18 at 12:47:04

I don't know that I would invest in the city, but I've already invested in weed and will probably buy some cryptocurrency sooner than later (even though I still think it's basically a Ponzi scheme.)   Small investments in unstable markets can lead to huge gains.  If they hit, I'll live large in retirement. If they bomb,  I'll take one less vacation before I die.

« Last Edit: 11/07/18 at 09:36:15 by ohiomoto »  
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 11/07/18 at 05:46:39

Well isn't that the nature of being in on the ground floor......

Its a risk, but if you stop to ponder where the next frontier to advance too, might be, this idea/project cuts a pretty good swath into many of the issues in today's concerns....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 11/07/18 at 07:50:11

If , They let people with Leather Vest and Jackets through the gate , then we could go visit the area ?

OK , so everybody needs to get a wad of muffler baffle wrap to stuff into our pipes when we get there .    

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 11/07/18 at 10:53:04

MMRanch wrote on 11/07/18 at 07:50:11:
If , They let people with Leather Vest and Jackets through the gate , then we could go visit the area ?

OK , so everybody needs to get a wad of muffler baffle wrap to stuff into our pipes when we get there .    

Why......?????
You could just get a solar powered scooter and incorporate a whoppee cushion into the seat  Grin

Gee, you guys are such dinosaur’s  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 11/07/18 at 14:44:38

Grin

Hay that might work on a scooter ?    

The Woopie cushion  , not the solar part  ?

Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 11/07/18 at 17:27:35

MMRanch wrote on 11/07/18 at 14:44:38:
Grin

Hay that might work on a scooter ?    

The Woopie cushion  , not the solar part  ?

Huh

Ah c’mon.....
Where is your sense of adventure  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 11/07/18 at 21:14:13

Lets see :

Solar panel for windshield , fenders , tail piece , and tank .    Battery under seat .    If ya stopped and parked in the sun while ya took a break every 2 hours --- it could work if ya lived in the flat-lands areas .   Huh

raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #25 - 11/08/18 at 08:29:05

C'mon buddy, do you recall the size of the first computers?
Look how much smaller, and more powerful your phone is today than those amazing data processing machines of yesterday?

That buddy is harnessing energy to our beck and call, we is closer to a flex capacitor driven savage than you think bub  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 11/08/18 at 08:34:28

I wonder how many people
Wished the would have invested a thousand bucks in Microsoft or Wal-Mart on day one.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 11/09/18 at 08:26:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/08/18 at 08:34:28:
I wonder how many people
Wished the would have invested a thousand bucks in Microsoft or Wal-Mart on day one.

Ja, hindsight is 20/20......
Well for most anyway, some folk maybe not, you know, doing the same thing over, and over again......  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 18:49:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › A new city.......would you invest?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.