Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
New Cow Chaser for MM!
11/02/18 at 04:23:15

Here is a new Guzzi that you can chase cows with!

https://advrider.com/moto-guzzi-goes-for-the-adventure-market/?utm_source=newsle
tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=10_31_2018

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: New Cow Chaser for MM!
Reply #1 - 11/02/18 at 10:08:15

Are those the real colors?...
I have bugs like that in my yard.  

Toys r' Us Guzzi?...

I'll take a V7...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 11/02/18 at 10:42:59

So , I was moving the herd from one field into another and there was a 5 year old Beef-Master cow that just Was-Not-Going to move.   At the time I had a 150cc China dirt bike with the second magneto coil wired for running a light and horn.    
When she seen that loud , yellow , machine jump into the air (wheelie) and charge her , then the horn went off just screaming like a charging monster --- it changed her whole mind-set about cooperating with the move .
So she decided to join the safety of the herd as quick as she could.

I'm a little disappointed in the fact that the V-7 is geared to red line 6th gear at 115mph.    It has plenty of power to be gear for 150mph and run 120 of it.   Red-line is 6,500 rpm and its really smooth at 2,000 to 6,000 , but running down the Super Slab at 75 mph its spinning about 4,500 , it feels like its hung in 3rd gear, and fuel millage is suffering with all that extra spinning going on (50 ish / 75 ish) .   I know it could do much better with a REAL Super Slab gear.   I'll keep it till I find something better but there ain't many choices .  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 11/02/18 at 13:14:11

MMRanch wrote on 11/02/18 at 10:42:59:
Red-line is 6,500 rpm and its really smooth at 2,000 to 6,000 , but running down the Super Slab at 75 mph its spinning about 4,500 , it feels like its hung in 3rd gear, and fuel millage is suffering with all that extra spinning going on (50 ish / 75 ish) .   I know it could do much better with a REAL Super Slab gear.   I'll keep it till I find something better but there ain't many choices .  

They don't seem to provide overdrive gears in motorcycles like they do in cars.  My Honda NT700 was turning about 5,000 rpm at 70mph, the BMW is turning around 4,000 I believe, and the little Ninja spins 9,000 rpm at 75mph (but that is understandable as the little 250 needs to spin to make the needed power).

Just about every motorcycle I have ridden feels like it needs a taller top gear - however they all are able to go several hundred thousand miles the way the factory gears them....so the engine operating in the 1/2 - 2/3rd redline speed doesn't seem to hurt the longevity.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 11/02/18 at 20:29:10

Dave: that comment about 100k+ miles on these engines highlights the fact that after 20k+ miles, the used prices take a nose dive, as if nobody trusts a used bike to last.  I've never bought a new bike, but I also look for mileages in the 10-15k range. My next bike may change my mind, and save me some money as well. Cheers! Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 11/03/18 at 03:32:40

Zippy:

Modern engines and modern oils are incredible when they are maintained and not abused.  Youzguyz got 150,000 miles on his Savage before it needed to come apart to resolve the oil use issue.  The valve guides and seals turned out to be the worn part - he replaced piston rings while he was in there...probably the cam chain as well, then put it back together with the original piston/cylinder.  He did go through a few clutches and cam chains along the way to the record mileage.

There is a similar fellow with a DR650 I saw featured in a magazine, it had 140,000 miles and the engine had never been apart.  Gold Wings, BMW's, ST1100 and ST1300 bikes and several other large road bikes often go 200,000 miles with the original motor.  I saw a story on one fellow in the UK who uses a Honda ST1100 to run deliveries, and he had 330,000 miles on the bike and the engine has never been apart.  A fellow on the Ninja 250 forum got 83,000 miles on his original motor before the cam chain was just too long to keep riding - the bike still ran great but it was cheaper and easier for him to get a used engine than it was to rebuild one.

Keep your air filter clean, change the oil and filter and use a good oil with proper ZDDP, and you will very likely get high mileage from your engine as well. (You will obviously have to keep an eye on the cam chain and you are likely to have a head plug leak along the way).

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #6 - 11/05/18 at 06:38:47

This gentleman :
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=...

recently clocked one million km on his 1500cc Goldwing

Shocked

...and wrote a few books about it.

The above "Around the World in 83 Days"

Father of all Ironbutters!  Cool

(Note to moderators: how do I resize the pic to acceptable size?  Lips Sealed)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 11/05/18 at 06:59:50

Ironbutter

It's the only thing you can use on
Elley May's biscuits

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 11/05/18 at 14:49:34

mpescatori wrote on 11/05/18 at 06:38:47:
(Note to moderators: how do I resize the pic to acceptable size?  Lips Sealed)

I use Irfanview.  resize it to 640x480 or 800x600 or thereabouts.

https://www.irfanview.com/

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 11/05/18 at 18:45:43

verslagen1 wrote on 11/05/18 at 14:49:34:
I use Irfanview.

Sounds like something JOG would say......as he is from planet Irf.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 11/05/18 at 23:44:08

Duuude! You're not supposed to tell that..

I'll bet changing the oil is fun.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 15:51:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Cow Chaser for MM!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.