Send Topic Print
It Really Never Ends (Read 49 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

It Really Never Ends
10/29/18 at 08:00:11

Yet again, his supporters don't care about reality.

“With what happened early today, that horrible, horrible attack in Pittsburgh, I was saying, ‘Maybe I should cancel both this and that.’ And then I said to myself, ‘I remembered D!ck Russell, a friend of mine, great guy, he headed up the New York Stock Exchange on September 11th, and the New York Stock Exchange was open the following day.’ He said — and what they had to do to open it you wouldn’t believe, we won’t even talk to you about it. But he got that exchange open. We can’t make these sick, demented, evil people important,” Trump said.

Contrary to Trump’s recollection, the NYSE was closed Sept. 10 through Sept. 17, 2001 — the longest shutdown since the Great Depression. The opening on Sept. 11 was delayed after a plane struck the World Trade Center’s North Tower, and the entire day of trading was called off after a second plane struck the South Tower.

The person who reopened the NYSE was its chief executive at the time, D!ck Grasso — not “D!ck Russell.”

http://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-falsely-claims-nyse-reopened-day-9-11-justify...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: It Really Never Ends
Reply #1 - 10/29/18 at 08:31:31

Obama said his uncle helped liberate Auschwitz (which would make his Uncle a Russia) so I guess you think Obama's a liar right?

Obama had 8 different explanation in 62 days about his time listening to the American hating preacher, Jeremiah Wright is Exhibit A.

I could go on and on, especially his latest speeches this month where his revisionist history lesson is in full effect. Especially 'defending' journalism. He was the one who spied on reporters. He called an entire news organization illegitimate.

But you don't care about reality, do you?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/29/18 at 08:44:13

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 08:31:31:
Obama said his uncle helped liberate Auschwitz (which would make his Uncle a Russia) so I guess you think Obama's a liar right?

Nope - this was rated mostly true:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/may/27/barack-obama/u...

Obama had 8 different explanation in 62 days about his time listening to the American hating preacher, Jeremiah Wright is Exhibit A.

Please - not even close to the full on lies of our current president.

I could go on and on, especially his latest speeches this month where his revisionist history lesson is in full effect. Especially 'defending' journalism. He was the one who spied on reporters.

He called an entire news organization illegitimate.
Well mark, fox is as legitimate as msnbc....

But you don't care about reality, do you?  

I live in reality mark.  Always have, always will.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/29/18 at 08:50:29

Mostly true....!!! Ha Ha!  His uncle was a Russian solider in WWII? Amazing....

blah blah blah........

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/29/18 at 09:04:50

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 08:50:29:
Mostly true....!!! Ha Ha!  His uncle was a Russian solider in WWII? Amazing....

blah blah blah........    

Like I said, I live in reality:

Obama's statement was substantially correct in that he had an uncle — albeit a great uncle — who served with troops who helped to liberate the Ohrdruf concentration/work camp and saw, firsthand, the horrors of the Holocaust. We rate the statement Mostly True.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/may/27/barack-obama/u...

Your "belief" doesn't change the facts.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/29/18 at 09:32:18

Obama's statement was substantially correct in that he had an uncle — albeit a great uncle — who served with troops who helped to liberate the Ohrdruf concentration/work camp and saw, firsthand, the horrors of the Holocaust. We rate the statement Mostly True.

So, it wasn't his Uncle and it was the wrong camp, but it's mostly True!!! HA! that's a riot!

So it wasn't the next day and it wasn't the right guy but the world's gotta come to an end because Trump lied!!!! You're killing me Mr. Hypocrisy!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 10/29/18 at 09:54:51

I see a difference in lies that are intended to deceive, and misstatements.
This concentration camp or that one,.. this uncle or that one,... does not change the point.
Trump saying he will not close the NYSE because it wasn't closed after 911, when it was closed for a week, completely changes the narrative.
It was perhaps not intentional, but we can't know that.  
It did render his point to be entirely moot...
Obama's misstatement did nothing of the kind.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/29/18 at 10:05:54

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 09:32:18:

So, it wasn't his Uncle and it was the wrong camp, but it's mostly True!!! HA! that's a riot!

So it wasn't the next day and it wasn't the right guy but the world's gotta come to an end because Trump lied!!!! You're killing me Mr. Hypocrisy!

Not sure why you think it's odd that someone calls their Great Uncle "Uncle", but whatever.

Also not sure why you think these two situations are anything alike, again, whatever.

The fact is, trump lied.  He wasn't "mistaken".  He flat out lied.  This is no different than any of his hundreds of lies he's told.  Thus the title of my post - "It Really Never Ends".

Now you can justify it anyway you'd like in your own mind.  But that doesn't change the fact that these continual lies are made on purpose and never corrected nor owned by him or his minions like you.

Now, go and look at his latest twitter feed.  He's just doubled down on "fake news".  Instead of being any kind of a leader by quelling the hatred, he's ramping it up even more.

The idiot who sent bombs in the mail was driven by his master's words against the media and all other opposing viewpoints.  Our president sees nothing wrong in that.  One day trump is citing the need for peace, the next, he's calling on his minions to end "fake news".

There is change coming though - the public, that is, the majority of the public - can see right through his lies.  I hope they'll let their feelings be known at the ballot box.  You never can tell though.  I have a feeling that they will.  Millions of young people are getting registered.  Millions of others are coming out to vote in this midterm that haven't in the past.  We'll see.

In the meantime, keep telling yourself that it's all going to be OK.  Tell yourself that his lies are OK, but everyone else's aren't.  It's served you all so well to this point.  I'm sure it'll continue on forever.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/29/18 at 10:14:01

It was perhaps not intentional, but we can't know that.  
It did render his point to be entirely moot...

Only in your mind. In my mind, he was looking to an instance in the past where obstacles were overcome as an inspiration to the future.

Note: I fully admit Trump's character lessens his ability to lead from the front on situations like this. But I wouldn't view his statement about the stock exchange that much differently than Obama's statement.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/29/18 at 10:14:50

his master's words

His master's words? Really? You've a fool.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 10/29/18 at 10:57:58

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 10:14:01:
But I wouldn't view his statement about the stock exchange that much differently than Obama's statement.

If Obama had been explaining why we wouldn't close down a concentration camp, I'd view both statements as equivalent...
Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/29/18 at 14:01:41

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 10:14:50:
his master's words

His master's words? Really? You've a fool.

Spell check.

But face it - trump was this loser's master.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 16:47:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › It Really Never Ends

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.