Send Topic Print
Deeply held beliefs (Read 50 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Deeply held beliefs
10/23/18 at 22:35:30

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Deeply held beliefs
Reply #1 - 10/24/18 at 05:23:13

I agree with the assessment that preparing pre-pubescent patients for gender reassignment through hormone therapy is not a good idea and can be a contributing factor towards suicidal rates among trans genders.

Incidentally suicide rates among pre-pubescent and teens is the highest age groups so I'd expect that outcome as it is higher among non-transgender as well.

I'd like to see a real study as well given that one surgeon not practicing in the US is an extremely small pool of information.  NIHM statistics don't come up with the same information.

I have no data or references, this post reflects my personal reading and interviews on the subject that when compiled and posted represent my opinion.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 10/24/18 at 07:25:58

Teens?
I didn't see teens mentioned.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/24/18 at 09:12:40

Teens aren't mentioned in the article.  To clarify the sentence referencing article information indicates only pre-pubescent persons:

" I agree with the assessment that preparing pre-pubescent patients for gender reassignment through hormone therapy is not a good idea and can be a contributing factor towards suicidal rates among trans genders."

"Teens" is mentioned in a sentence referencing general population suicide rates in the US, not specific to the article but intended as comparison:

"Incidentally suicide rates among pre-pubescent and teens is the highest age groups so I'd expect that outcome as it is higher among non-transgender as well."

As such I mean to indicate that collectively the age and psychological group of both pre-pubescent and teens (as some teens are pre-pubescent but not all, they overlap) is the highest demographic for suicides or suicide attempts.  

To clarify it is my assessment that the referenced group from the article of "pre-pubescent's" and the unreferenced group of "teens" collectively are already the highest percentile of suicide rate and attempts.  With this information I would assume among transgender persons that pre-pubescent or teens would be the highest percentile as well.  Also straight pre-pubescents and teens would be the highest percentile.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 10/24/18 at 09:44:58

pre-pubescents and teens would be the highest percentile.  

I've heard that, but have no idea when that started being true, or why that's happening.

I was seriously bullied and I never even had
I could kill myself
as a possible answer.
WTF is WRONG with people?

You're pretty up to speed on a lot of things, so, can you tell us when suicide became the answer for distraught youth?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/24/18 at 10:18:05

Suicide among youth has been the highest percentile for decades.  One of the contributing factors is the undeveloped brain, another is the lack of control over most aspects of one's life.  Hopelessness is one of the primary reasons listed by people who have attempted suicide, so with a brain that has not developed full-abstract thought methods, and a lifestyle where almost everything is run by adults, hopelessness is easy to come by.

As for bullying the world is different now in that regard.  Historically bullying typically happened in public/school or places outside the home.  In today's culture for youth the connection to the "outside" world is constant, especially through cellphone usage and social media.  So now the "bully" isn't some guy in the neighborhood, but thousands of peers telling you what a piece of sh!t you are 24/7.  This creates a saturation of social contact that can more expediently create a hostile or hopeless social environment.

One example is how people create false Facebook or Instagram pages of a girl, then communicates with a boy making her think she's into him.  Then once he reveals anything personal, embarrassing, or some nude photos the truth is revealed to him, and millions of people.  So some 12 year old boy has millions of people laughing at him 24 hours a day.  How many kids at school saw this?  Did Sally see it?  Is she laughing at me?  Did my teachers see?  Will they tell my parents?  Will I get in trouble?  Will I ever find a girlfriend now?  

This leads to paranoia, depression, anxiety etc. etc. and the kid literally never had to leave the house for this to happen.  Remember this kid hasn't fully developed his brain, hasn't experienced much of the world and has little control over anything in his life.  Death isn't the answer for most kids, but it is to some, partially because death and dying is an abstract concept when you are that young.  That's why youth do stupid risky things they would never do when they are 30.

Bullying has changed.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 10/24/18 at 14:32:24

Okay, man, thanks for the information.
I wish it was something I wanted to hear.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 15:20:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Deeply held beliefs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.